Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis in Concert NOT on You Tube anymore ?

Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
JRtherealJR wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:The CBS footage could be released IF they alter it, edit it and use angles that do not expose his large midsection. By alter, I mean that they could photoshop the video clips/angles of the side views to look slimmer than he was without

That is the stupidest thing I have read in a long time.

Photoshop Elvis' midsection so he appears slimmer in Elvis In Concert? While you're busy rewriting history, you may as well give Elvis a different hairstyle- how about a Justin Bieber hairdo to try to make him appeal more to today's kids?

Or just be done with it and photoshop Kurt Russell's head onto Elvis' body.

Or, they could just put it out as is and let the calm hit before the storm. E.P.E. has spent the last 30 years trying to get the fat overweight drugged up Elvis image out of the people's heads. Yet it's some of the fans who are the ones making that difficult for them. :roll:

LOL they could do away with the sideburns with some computerised touch-ups :roll:

Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 am

OK back on topic now. Does it make any of you wonder why has the Elvis in Concert material been removed NOW after a number of years being on YT. It's the same thing with the Dorsey shows (though thankfully it is still on dailymotion).

Sat May 04, 2013 8:35 am

I have both, Dorsey Shows and Elvis In Concert (even in Stereo), so I don't care if they are on YouTube or not :D

Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Just curious, for those of you who have this concert on video (I have a very nice copy of the TV broadcast myself), how often do you watch it, if ever? Is it something you have just for completion or is it something you actually revisit on a consistent basis? I haven't it played since the 90's myself. I thought it was a bad TV special, not only because of Elvis, but also for the goofy fans they featured. I often said, if Elvis didn't die and this special was shown that year, it may have ended his career as a major star. He was getting bad reviews for most of 1976, this would have been the final nail as they say.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 pm

r&b wrote:It should be an FTD only release if it ever happens. This is not a project that should be on store shelves. It shows Elvis in a terrible way. I'm glad its off youtube and I agree wit Lisa Marie. Unflattering to say the least. Do we really need more fat Elvis impersonators inspired by this?

I agree. Why are people so fascinated with this concert? I''m one person who will not be buying it, if it gets an official release.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Elvis In Concert has certainly been removed for image and / or copy right reasons. There are plenty of decent copies around anyway.

I don't believe that EPE will ever allow these shows to be published, at least not any parts that could destroy his image. As for me, I have always been fascinated by these performances, on the one hand because they have a bit of a "forbidden fruit" temptation to them and on the other because it IS part of who Elvis was, which I don't need to delete from reality. Also, I still like who he was at the time, his voice and the TCB band.

Sun May 05, 2013 7:46 am

I believe the removal of EIC from YouTube is only going to backfire On EPE as it will only increase the demand for it. At least by having it on YT the fans that wanted it badly could access it (and download) until their hearts content. Now they cannot. Shame...

Sun May 05, 2013 8:05 am

With new ownership in place, don't be surprised if 1977 get removed completely, as if the last years never happened. They have already began to do that now. They (Core) have an image to protect and a lot of money to be made is at stake. I think the future will be based around 1954-1973.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 am

Robt wrote:I believe the removal of EIC from YouTube is only going to backfire On EPE as it will only increase the demand for it. At least by having it on YT the fans that wanted it badly could access it (and download) until their hearts content. Now they cannot. Shame...

Only the long time fans would care and they don't cater to that age group as much as they do the next generation.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 am

No I disagree. Even the next generation would be affected. EIC does have it's moments.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:46 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:With new ownership in place, don't be surprised if 1977 get removed completely, as if the last years never happened. They have already began to do that now. They (Core) have an image to protect and a lot of money to be made is at stake. I think the future will be based around 1954-1973.

Well, say you're looking at the history of Sly and The Family Stone. What do you say after about 1974? At last account, he had been living in a box in L.A. Seriously: in a box. He's very much alive! But . . . well.

Now, Elvis was not living in a box, on the streets, but his situation was pretty bad, and unlike Stone, he died at a young age. Stone is now 70 years old. And apparently homeless. But 70.

With Elvis it was ALL very much in public. Someone had decided to make a TV Special! Good Lord in Heaven!

It's a difficult spot, one must admit.

rjm

Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 am

I bought a VHS tape in the 90s with most of the material available from the special. I have watched it once or twice. It is heartbreaking. If it would be released on FTD I probably would buy it. But would I watch it again? Probably only once like with I have listened to most 1976 and 1977 soundboards only once to conclude that these shows do NOT have their moments. It is a man in deep trouble keeping up appearances or a superstar performing way below his talent. You choose.

Sun May 05, 2013 10:31 am

Robt wrote:I believe the removal of EIC from YouTube is only going to backfire On EPE as it will only increase the demand for it.

What "demand for it"?

Who is picketing YouTube's offices in San Bruno, CA over the removal of "Elvis in Concert"?

Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 am

As in DVD-Blu Ray Demand :roll: Personally I don't care if it ever comes out but the EIC era is still an essential part of his legacy.

Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 am

Robt wrote:As in DVD-Blu Ray Demand :roll: Personally I don't care if it ever comes out but the EIC era is still an essential part of his legacy.

No one is creating a demand for a "DVD-Blu Ray" release of "Elvis In Concert."

Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 am

Aren't you forgetting FECC has had numerous topics per Elvis in Concert. That to me shows there is such a "Demand". Like it or Lump it...

Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 am

Robt wrote:Aren't you forgetting FECC has had numerous topics per Elvis in Concert. That to me shows there is such a "Demand". Like it or Lump it...

A handful of complaints on an Elvis Presley forum may hardly be called a "demand" for the release of that sad spectacle.

Mon May 06, 2013 1:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Robt wrote:Aren't you forgetting FECC has had numerous topics per Elvis in Concert. That to me shows there is such a "Demand". Like it or Lump it...

A handful of complaints on an Elvis Presley forum may hardly be called a "demand" for the release of that sad spectacle.

True. I think we'll see a deluxe edition of all of the unreleased On Tour footage before we ever see Elvis In Concert released commercially. Meaning neither is likely.

Mon May 06, 2013 6:41 am

Robt wrote:OK back on topic now. Does it make any of you wonder why has the Elvis in Concert material been removed NOW after a number of years being on YT.

The question has already been answered... it's been taken down and put up time after time... that cycle will continue... there's no mystery here.
I will add that this comical conversation going on in this thread has certainly amused me... I'll give you that.

Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 am

DarrylMac wrote:
That footage to anyone not understanding of Elvis' health problems could take it a different way, as him just being fat and drunk.

To be fair, have you ever read the comments that are underneath such clips on youtube. The vast majority are supportive, with most appreciative that whatever his frailties, he was still "Elvis". When people say the media would have a field day, or that people would be shocked or outraged, actually the preception is usually far worse than the reality - non fans often think Elvis was far bigger than he was.

A well edited revamp of the special could be released, and be well received, but but we have this debate here time and time again. That in itself shows there's still huge interest in it. I'd still rather see a full release of Hampton Roads first!

8) I was going to mention all of the positive comments and everything too DarrylMac!!!!! 8) :smt006 8)

Mon May 06, 2013 7:09 am

ritchie valens wrote:They should have not used Are you lonesome tonight and used a song where he didn't forget the words in place of it.
Ithink the makeup made him look a lot worse than he was look at footage before the makeup was put on.

Wrong, it actually shows his human side, sense of humor and beautiful voice! 8)

Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 am

Albert Goldman wrote:I hope that they will burn the CBS footage. We have seen enough.

8) Amazing, you think that it was so horrible that they should burn it, and for me it was as exciting an event that I've ever experienced!!!!! 8) I guess "feeling" the Elvis magic is something that you're either blessed to have or have not, that's the way it is!! 8)

Mon May 06, 2013 7:24 am

Do we really want to add more fuel to THIS sort of thing?

http://www.elitecastingnetwork.com/auditions/FAT_ELVIS_NEEDED_FOR_COMMERCIAL

Bad enough that it goes on, and on . . .

rjm

Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 am

rjm wrote:Do we really want to add more fuel to THIS sort of thing?

http://www.elitecastingnetwork.com/auditions/FAT_ELVIS_NEEDED_FOR_COMMERCIAL

Bad enough that it goes on, and on . . .

rjm

What sort of thing? People having the right to freedom of speech, and honestly relating what they felt about an event or experience in their life, without being ridiculed by people who don't agree with you?? 8)

Mon May 06, 2013 8:31 am

ian wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:I hope that they will burn the CBS footage. We have seen enough.

Amazing, you think that it was so horrible that they should burn it, and for me it was as exciting an event that I've ever experienced!!!!!

True. Elvis doesn't get any better than what CBS captured on tape in June 1977.