Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis in Concert NOT on You Tube anymore ?

Fri May 03, 2013 5:58 am

Last year it was the Dorsey brothers stuff and today I find that the bulk of EIC is gone from You Tube. But howcome after a number of years has this happened ? Might this mean a Commercial product of some sort is around the corner ? What do others think ?

Re: Elvis in Concert NOT on You Tube anymore ?

Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 am

I think it was done to protect the image. That footage to anyone not understanding of Elvis' health problems could take it a different way, as him just being fat and drunk. But that's not at all the case. Smart move by E.P.E.

Fri May 03, 2013 9:28 am

When YouTube gets a notice to remove the stuff, they have no other choice than to remove it.
Probably the copyright holders have complained!

Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:I think it was done to protect the image. That footage to anyone not understanding of Elvis' health problems could take it a different way, as him just being fat and drunk. But that's not at all the case. Smart move by E.P.E.

My Friend, It does not hold as there is still loads of 1977 (mostly amateur) footage on YT. Only the CBS special and complete Rapid City and Omaha concerts has been removed. I am going to check Dailymotion out in order to find if EIC was taken off there as well.

Fri May 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Good thing I have my copy under lock and key in my fire proof Elvis safe...never to be shared... :mrgreen:

Along with a pair of Rob's shorts...wait...no I don't...scratch that... :smt003

Fri May 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Robt wrote:Last year it was the Dorsey brothers stuff and today I find that the bulk of EIC is gone from You Tube. But howcome after a number of years has this happened ? Might this mean a Commercial product of some sort is around the corner ? What do others think ?

When will it sink in Elvis In Concert will never be released? While Lisa Marie is still alive can you at least pretend she has enough respect for her father not to do so? :facep:

Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Robt wrote:Last year it was the Dorsey brothers stuff and today I find that the bulk of EIC is gone from You Tube. But howcome after a number of years has this happened ? Might this mean a Commercial product of some sort is around the corner ? What do others think ?

i agree
Last edited by Energy Catalyzer on Fri May 03, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 03, 2013 1:50 pm

That footage to anyone not understanding of Elvis' health problems could take it a different way, as him just being fat and drunk.

To be fair, have you ever read the comments that are underneath such clips on youtube. The vast majority are supportive, with most appreciative that whatever his frailties, he was still "Elvis". When people say the media would have a field day, or that people would be shocked or outraged, actually the preception is usually far worse than the reality - non fans often think Elvis was far bigger than he was.

A well edited revamp of the special could be released, and be well received, but but we have this debate here time and time again. That in itself shows there's still huge interest in it. I'd still rather see a full release of Hampton Roads first!

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
That footage to anyone not understanding of Elvis' health problems could take it a different way, as him just being fat and drunk.

To be fair, have you ever read the comments that are underneath such clips on youtube. The vast majority are supportive, with most appreciative that whatever his frailties, he was still "Elvis". When people say the media would have a field day, or that people would be shocked or outraged, actually the preception is usually far worse than the reality - non fans often think Elvis was far bigger than he was.

A well edited revamp of the special could be released, and be well received, but but we have this debate here time and time again. That in itself shows there's still huge interest in it. I'd still rather see a full release of Hampton Roads first!

I agree with you, 'Elvis In Concert CBS 77' should come. But EPE prefers to sell their ashtrays from China, in their 'shops of sh*t' in Memphis !

Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm not much on the ashtrays, but the bobbleheads are precious. Elvis In Concert will see an official release. It's not gonna happen anytime soon, but someday it will happen. Until then, the "The Final Curtain" set will do just fine for all of my 1977 needs. I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would be pining for the 1977 material when there are shows from April 1972 sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Damn bunch of weirdos.

Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 pm

EIC will be released one day. Like a well-done documentary and the public will find it fascinating.

Fri May 03, 2013 5:04 pm

They should have not used Are you lonesome tonight and used a song where he didn't forget the words in place of it.
Ithink the makeup made him look a lot worse than he was look at footage before the makeup was put on.

Fri May 03, 2013 5:56 pm

It should be an FTD only release if it ever happens. This is not a project that should be on store shelves. It shows Elvis in a terrible way. I'm glad its off youtube and I agree wit Lisa Marie. Unflattering to say the least. Do we really need more fat Elvis impersonators inspired by this?

Sat May 04, 2013 12:46 am

The CBS footage could be released IF they alter it, edit it and use angles that do not expose his large midsection. By alter, I mean that they could photoshop the video clips/angles of the side views to look slimmer than he was without it looking like an alien on stage. This can be done. But only go with Rapid City as he was a total mess in Omaha. He looked like he was high as a kite when he walked out on stage in Omaha and the results were just as bad. He was much more aware of where he was and what he was singing in Rapid City.

But like someone said, as long as Lisa is living, it ain't happening.

Sat May 04, 2013 1:03 am

r&b wrote:It should be an FTD only release if it ever happens. This is not a project that should be on store shelves. It shows Elvis in a terrible way. I'm glad its off youtube and I agree wit Lisa Marie. Unflattering to say the least. Do we really need more fat Elvis impersonators inspired by this?

Does EPE really needs to act like Aloha was elvis last concert and that 1975 till 1977 dont exist?

Sat May 04, 2013 1:17 am

I hope that they will burn the CBS footage. We have seen enough.

Sat May 04, 2013 1:29 am

Horrible, horrible news.

One suspects that some of the footage complaints might have come from the makers of TFC box set, since many uploads were derived from that masterpiece.

Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 am

Don't worry everyone, this is a consistent cycle. The footage appears, then it is removed, but then it reappears. Rest easily tonight knowing an EIC enthusiast out there somewhere will upload the content very soon.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:01 am

midnightx wrote:Don't worry everyone, this is a consistent cycle. The footage appears, then it is removed, but then it reappears. Rest easily tonight knowing an EIC enthusiast out there somewhere will upload the content very soon.

It's possible, but don't count on it. Youtube has tightened up lately on their terms of use. They could be held accountable if they allowed something on Youtube that could get them sued for infringement or, shut down altogether.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Horrible, horrible news.

One suspects that some of the footage complaints might have come from the makers of TFC box set, since many uploads were derived from that masterpiece.

been ill the last couple days, but that gave me a chuckle...even when I`m sick you come through :D

Sat May 04, 2013 2:29 am

ritchie valens wrote:They should have not used Are you lonesome tonight and used a song where he didn't forget the words in place of it.

In the original broadcast you couldn't tell he forgot the words because they cut away from the song during that part to a fan's comments. Besides, even if they didn't include that song, it wouldn't have made the televised event any easier to digest.

Sat May 04, 2013 3:24 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:The CBS footage could be released IF they alter it, edit it and use angles that do not expose his large midsection. By alter, I mean that they could photoshop the video clips/angles of the side views to look slimmer than he was without

That is the stupidest thing I have read in a long time.

Photoshop Elvis' midsection so he appears slimmer in Elvis In Concert? While you're busy rewriting history, you may as well give Elvis a different hairstyle- how about a Justin Bieber hairdo to try to make him appeal more to today's kids?

Or just be done with it and photoshop Kurt Russell's head onto Elvis' body.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:16 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
midnightx wrote:Don't worry everyone, this is a consistent cycle. The footage appears, then it is removed, but then it reappears. Rest easily tonight knowing an EIC enthusiast out there somewhere will upload the content very soon.

It's possible, but don't count on it. Youtube has tightened up lately on their terms of use. They could be held accountable if they allowed something on Youtube that could get them sued for infringement or, shut down altogether.

It is more than possible. This has happened frequently with Elvis In Concert for over 5 years. Plan on seeing it again. Youtube will not be sued. Youtube cannot police every infringement upload - the owners request the material gets removed, Youtube complies and that is the end of it. Youtube is not going anywhere, especially over Elvis In Concert footage.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:28 am

JRtherealJR wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:The CBS footage could be released IF they alter it, edit it and use angles that do not expose his large midsection. By alter, I mean that they could photoshop the video clips/angles of the side views to look slimmer than he was without

That is the stupidest thing I have read in a long time.

Photoshop Elvis' midsection so he appears slimmer in Elvis In Concert? While you're busy rewriting history, you may as well give Elvis a different hairstyle- how about a Justin Bieber hairdo to try to make him appeal more to today's kids?

Or just be done with it and photoshop Kurt Russell's head onto Elvis' body.

Or, they could just put it out as is and let the calm hit before the storm. E.P.E. has spent the last 30 years trying to get the fat overweight drugged up Elvis image out of the people's heads. Yet it's some of the fans who are the ones making that difficult for them. :roll:

Sat May 04, 2013 5:29 am

midnightx wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:

It is more than possible. This has happened frequently with Elvis In Concert for over 5 years. Plan on seeing it again. Youtube will not be sued. Youtube cannot police every infringement upload - the owners request the material gets removed, Youtube complies and that is the end of it. Youtube is not going anywhere, especially over Elvis In Concert footage.

Like I said, it's possible, but don't count on it.