Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: VENUS - Keeping Them Warm

Sat May 04, 2013 8:35 pm

I don`t have any show on silver disc..far from it..I am no millionaire..

I have all rom 1969 and 1970 on shiny disc ..but my collection will get gaps here, too. I won`t order this LP/CD C-R-A-P by VV Records..I have ordered Such Night, though..another crap by SR Records ..but it is 1969..and I couldn`t resist..

Sat May 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I don`t have any show on silver disc..far from it..I am no millionaire..

I have all rom 1969 and 1970 on shiny disc ..but my collection will get gaps here, too. I won`t order this LP/CD C-R-A-P by VV Records..I have ordered Such Night, though..another crap by SR Records ..but it is 1969..and I couldn`t resist..

Ah okay, as this is a sublabel from venus, i think its good for a first audience outting.
(i'm no millionaire either, so i got to be picky on alot of cd's)

Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 am

This is just ridiculous. Now we have bootleg companies having sub-labels? But the sub-label isn't really sub because it has a book. And I'm sure the price isn't sub the main label either.

Sun May 05, 2013 7:23 am

poormadpeter wrote:This is just ridiculous. Now we have bootleg companies having sub-labels? But the sub-label isn't really sub because it has a book. And I'm sure the price isn't sub the main label either.

What is ridiculous is trying to understand how other fans picking up this interesting concert should make you so angry.

Since you aren't going to buy this, why bitch about the price, the label or anything else?

Mon May 06, 2013 1:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Very, very sorry to read about last year. That's awful. I'm rooting for nothing but good things for both of you.

Thanks Doc - appreciate it.

Mon May 06, 2013 2:15 am

Lennart wrote:Thanks for posting the sample of Mystery Train/Tiger Man!
A cool version and a little longer than it used to be the last years he performed it.
Seems to me he really wanted to prove that he could still rock, perhaps as the Doc pointed out, because
Tom Jones was in the audience.

Lennart

This seems to be a primary reason for issuing this concert. Next, of course, is that the audio is (presumably) excellent.

Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 am

What is ridiculous is trying to understand how other fans picking up this interesting concert should make you so angry.

Since you aren't going to buy this, why bitch about the price, the label or anything else?
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Always Elevating Discourse <<--->> On FECC.

I want you to remember this Doc the next time MRS releases something.

Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am

Tim C wrote:

Although you pull my comment out of context, I will reply.

The CD being discussed offers a concert few know about, and in greatly-improved sound from a a superior source. MRS has never offered either option to their customers. Their recycled audio all comes from RCA or old bootleg releases.

I want you to remember this Tim C the next time MRS releases something. ;-)

Mon May 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Is this in the same context as your preferred bootleg label "Gravel Roads" that steals from FTD and recycled audio, with the exception MRS operate within the law - Gravel Roads doesn't?

but its nice to see you who makes such comments about FTD and yet support so vigorously a label that openly steals and blatantly advertises it too?
very much double standards Doc.!! :oops: :wink:

Perhaps remember this Doc the next time Gravel releases something Illegal. :wink: .
Just for you Doc:-
phpBB [video]

Last edited by E-1 on Mon May 06, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Wow, not only is your hypocrisy showing, but you have to make excuses and attempt to split hairs for it also, what a futile attempt. Nice to see you're still in full form.

Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Tim C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tim C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:What is ridiculous is trying to understand how other fans picking up this interesting concert should make you so angry.

Although you pull my comment out of context, I will reply.

The CD being discussed offers a concert few know about, and in greatly-improved sound from a a superior source. MRS has never offered either option to their customers. Their recycled audio all comes from RCA or old bootleg releases.

I want you to remember this Tim C the next time MRS releases something. ;-)

Wow, not only is your hypocrisy showing, but you have to make excuses and attempt to split hairs for it also, what a futile attempt. Nice to see you're still in full form.

All we see is you avoiding the truths in my generous reply to you. And your comment was from a reply I made to another member, and your point very off-topic, too!

Man, why am I always so nice to everyone? ;-)

Mon May 06, 2013 7:40 pm

robg wrote:Doc, you so nice ...

Thank you.

robg wrote:... although it would be nice if you could answer questions put to you, or are these questions just too hard or not available on google?

Oh, everything is on Google!

What questions do you have 'tcb1,' er ah 'E-1,' I mean 'robg'?

Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm

robg wrote:But would you care to answer any of the questions relating to your "Gravel Roads" posts on how amazing he is at doing what MRS do, only outwith the law, I know you are a great envoy for FTD but, you seem to think its OK for Gravel Roads to Steal from it, yet if a label does it within the confides of the law that makes it so bad they need hung? is it you just can't shake your bootlegging roots, and you have to support such deeds, but because its legal you can somehow justify it, is it just the rebel in you, or are you just stupid? I think the later. :wink:

If I could decipher what you just typed, we'd be on the road to communication.

Alas and alack, this is evidently not possible. ;-)

Back on topic -->
Will you (or 'tcb1' or 'E-1') be picking up this VAR (Venus Ambient Recordings) release? It looks pretty cool!

Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm

robg wrote: with Venus you are guaranteed a quality item in packaging and content unlike your pal, as mentioned. You know the one that steals from FTD to bulk out his CD, and steals others work tinkers with it and re-releases it in a pretty package.
Thank the lord Venus is around.

Just be aware that this release is not from Venus officially but from a sub-label of Venus. Kinda like what Camden was to RCA.

Mon May 06, 2013 9:41 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
robg wrote: with Venus you are guaranteed a quality item in packaging and content unlike your pal, as mentioned. You know the one that steals from FTD to bulk out his CD, and steals others work tinkers with it and re-releases it in a pretty package.
Thank the lord Venus is around.

Just be aware that this release is not from Venus officially but from a sub-label of Venus. Kinda like what Camden was to RCA.

It`s Venus.

In case they fail..they can put the blame on the sub label.. :lol:

Tue May 07, 2013 7:37 am

DJC, you weren't being nice to the person you made the comment to, but you spewed your logic...um...er...hypocritical statement at this person when you definitely should heed your own advice, especially when it concerns labels like MRS that you don't purchase, don't like, and don't want. Please follow along, but more importantly heed your own advice if your going to give it.

It's not my point to start an argument here, but when you display your double standard hypocrisy for all to see, you need to be called out on it and held to the same standard you seem to think it's your responsibility to hold others. Heed your own advice John...it's really that simple. It really doesn't matter what the release is, what quality it is, or whether it is an interesting release. You set the bar for what the standards were in your statement and they are plain for all to see, and I quote "Since you aren't going to buy this, why bitch about the price, the label or anything else?". Practice what you preach the next time MRS or any other label you don't like releases something.

Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 am

Tim C wrote:DJC, you weren't being nice to the person you made the comment to ...

The comment I replied to -- if you'd bothered to read it with care -- was rude, unfriendly and out of turn.

If you read my reply just as carefully, you would understand that I was clearly emulating his harsh tone in an effort to point out how silly and pointless the comment was.

Finally, if the label you never cease to make excuses for ever puts out a Presley product with unheard music, or at least music from a new, upgraded source not taken from an old bootleg or RCA release, then it might just make my shopping list. They will also have to fire whoever does the horrific colourization of any and every black and white photo.

Hope you feel better now. ;-)

Tue May 07, 2013 8:45 am

Ciscoking wrote:Here`s the CD-R..

http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.co ... d=720824DS

Releasing a show that was already done by SA tells me that they are beginners.. :lol:

Geez if this is what they are doing they have lost the plot....... :evil:

Tue May 07, 2013 12:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tim C wrote:DJC, you weren't being nice to the person you made the comment to ...

Finally, if the label you never cease to make excuses for ever puts out a Presley product with unheard music, or at least music from a new, upgraded source not taken from an old bootleg or RCA release, then it might just make my shopping list.

Does this apply to your bed fellow Gravel or just MRS. :wink:
as you seen to evade the question time after time, are you sure your not a politician, and not just a janitor :wink:

Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 pm

John, there were no doubts about what you meant in your statement when you said it, now you are adding stipulations as qualifiers for what you stated where there were none. So we see you back pedaling now.

So are you going to stand by your words or not? Are you going to stipulate this thing to death? You were pretty clear in your statement when you wrote it. "OR ANYTHING ELSE" as I recall. Which includes EVERYTHING you have added as a qualifier after the fact. Heed your own words John, or didn't you really mean what you said?

It seems to me, if you think you are qualified to give advice, then you should stand by it and live it out, leading by example. Don't you John?

I mean...you vision yourself as a self appointed leader here don't you John? Show us the leader you aspire to be, then please lead by setting the example. No equivocations, stipulations, or qualifiers needed... as per the standards you set in your post.

Tue May 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Tim C - you know it does not register with him, I only reply to his dumb ass quips, for the fun of it, as I know it makes his scrotum itch more than usual. :wink:

Tue May 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Tim C wrote:John, there were no doubts ...

My last post was intended to help clear your confusion and anger, and with that clarity make you feel better.

Looks like I failed. Oh well. ;-)

Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Something your good at Doc. :wink:

Wed May 08, 2013 8:33 pm

This is - as far as it goes for audiencerecordings- an outstanding sounding recording.
It's milestones better then what we had before, way better!!
It's "being there".
And since it's my favorite concertyear and the show is excellent, it's a must have.

I don't care if this is a "Venus", known for studio-alternates release, it's still high quality.
From disc to artwork, trhe whole package is excellent.

Those who stay away from AR's are missing out, it's THAT good.

I wonder, if this show in this quality would be released by another qualitylabel (like Straight Arrow), i think there would be more raving reviews...

Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm

I can echo what JohanD said. I've literally just finished listening to the disc. I'm in no way a big fan of AR's, the only ones I own are the recent Southern Gypsy, plus New Years Eve '76 (FTD) and 26th June '77 (TFC), but for sound quality this is better than some soundboards. It's also a good tight show, no surprises in the set but a worthy purchase.