Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: VENUS - Keeping Them Warm

Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Best of luck, Rich_TCB!

Mine (boys) are now 9 years old, and I would not trade them for anything in the universe.

My wife has been relatively lenient regarding my E collection. ;-)

You were a father at 60??? :wink: :lol:

I'm much, much younger than you.

The knowledge comes from being a fervent Presley fan and rock 'n' roll scholar. Enjoy the magic. ;-)

Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Just received the cd and gave it a quick listen. It's an AR alright, and I do not particularly like those. So I'm gonna sell mine...

Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:Just received the cd and gave it a quick listen. It's an AR alright, and I do not particularly like those. So I'm gonna sell mine...

it's a class show thou, the sound is good. and its VENUS. You might want to only sell the CD thou as the book is cool!

Fri May 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:Just received the cd and gave it a quick listen. It's an AR alright, and I do not particularly like those. So I'm gonna sell mine...

Always good to do your research and listen to sound samples before jumping in and shelling out that hard earned cash. Kinda glad I never ordered this one.

Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:

it's a class show thou, the sound is good. and its VENUS.

What if it wasn`t Venus..?

Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

There would be no book to go with the CD? :smt017

Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Rob wrote:Oh, and samples are for wussies.

You are a 'blind date kinda guy'?

Fri May 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

then i would still have bought it :D

Fri May 03, 2013 10:11 pm

In July, the Uranus label plans on releasing the 8-23-72 M.S. (AR) show w/book titled "Too Cool To Be Kept". They're currently accepting pre-orders. :shock: :facep:

Tracklist :

Also Sprach Zarathustra / See See Rider / Johnny B. Goode / Proud Mary / Until It's Time For You To Go / You Don't Have To Say You Love Me / You Gave Me A Mountain / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' / Polk Salad Annie / Instrumental Intermezzo - Monologue / What Now My Love / Fever / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Heartbreak Hotel / All Shook Up / Little Sister - Get Back / Love Me Tender / Hound Dog / I'll Remember You / Suspicious Minds / Band introductions / Celebrity introductions / My Way / A Big Hunk O' Love / For The Good Times / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:In July, the Uranus label plans on releasing the 8-23-72 M.S. (AR) show w/book titled "Too Cool To Be Kept". They're currently accepting pre-orders. :shock: :facep:

Tracklist :

Also Sprach Zarathustra / See See Rider / Johnny B. Goode / Proud Mary / Until It's Time For You To Go / You Don't Have To Say You Love Me / You Gave Me A Mountain / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' / Polk Salad Annie / Instrumental Intermezzo - Monologue / What Now My Love / Fever / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Heartbreak Hotel / All Shook Up / Little Sister - Get Back / Love Me Tender / Hound Dog / I'll Remember You / Suspicious Minds / Band introductions / Celebrity introductions / My Way / A Big Hunk O' Love / For The Good Times / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

We already had it on Red Hot In Vegas a few years ago..bad choice..

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/R ... nvegas.htm

Fri May 03, 2013 10:54 pm

But Cisco, maybe some fans don't have this concert, maybe it is in better sound.

Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Sure, Francesc..but a new show in good sound is always more welcome..I know a lot..
it`s all a matter of research and efforts...but some prefer the way of copy and paste..

:wink:

Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Sure, but there are not that many new shows released anymore.

Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 pm

As I said..it`s all a matter of research and efforts...some prefer the easy way..

Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Red Hot In Vegas already has a fantastic sound (for an AR). For those like me who loves a good audience record, the last few years have been great.

Sat May 04, 2013 12:25 am

Was the red hot release a cdr?

Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 am

Robert wrote:Was the red hot release a cdr?

Straight Arrow´s cd:
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/redhotinvegas.html
really good sound

Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am

elvis1977br wrote:
Robert wrote:Was the red hot release a cdr?

Straight Arrow´s cd:
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/redhotinvegas.html
really good sound

There's a CD-R with the same name too (different concert).

Sat May 04, 2013 10:49 am

Here`s the CD-R..

http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.co ... d=720824DS

Releasing a show that was already done by SA tells me that they are beginners.. :lol:

Sat May 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Here`s the CD-R..

Releasing a show that was already done by SA tells me that they are beginners.. :lol:

Hey, now...this is supposed to be VENUS! I thought these guys knew their stuff! :mrgreen: :lol:

Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for posting the sample of Mystery Train/Tiger Man!
A cool version and a little longer than it used to be the last years he performed it.
Seems to me he really wanted to prove that he could still rock, perhaps as the Doc pointed out, because
Tom Jones was in the audience.

Lennart

Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 pm

BrianTCB wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Here`s the CD-R..

Hey, now...this is supposed to be VENUS! I thought these guys knew their stuff! :mrgreen: :lol:

There are two Venus labels apparently...the good one and the bad one....the two met, they tangoed a bit, fell in love, then Uranus popped out of Mrs. Venus' belly.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Angel eyes wrote:Although this release sure looks promising with allegedly great sound and of course nice packaging, I cant seem to shake a feeling of having to dish out another 40 euros for songs I have heard a zillion times before on tons of other (import) CDs. Am I really willing to pay again for a show full of songs that I already own (although not from this exact performance of course) from so many others concerts? When you look at it: there really is nothing to get truly excited about, unless you are a completist and need all performances of all shook up ever sung. All that stands out here is the packaging, which sure looks great. But for 40 euros I can buy a lot of other stuff, such as the upcoming FTDs. Up until now I have been buying all VENUS product, but I am just having a hard time finding it OK to pay, in essence, again for nothing really new. And to top things off: I do not know anything about the soundquality yet: why is VENUS so unclear as to what we can expect? Would everybody hear pay 40 euros for perhaps just a good audience recording with some photos? I still may pick this one up, but it's not a no-brainer anymore like it just to be, when it comes to concert material. I just have so much (too much?) already. I must admit I'm more curious about another unedited master edition.

I reached that point about a year ago. I realized there's still a chance I'd listen to a significant soundboard, like at full blast, Boston 71 etc or a nice portrait of a given tour or engagement, like Spanish eyes or let me take you home. But that's all. Now I concentrate on FTD classic albums, professionally recorded shows, other great albums like stereo 57, and of course the complete masters.

Sat May 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Is it a step backwards for Venus ? In the end it is an audience recording...granted in good sound..upgrated with a book.
Why didn`t they release the studio stuff...they obviously have acc. to their flyer....? They set the bar high..now they are lowering it...or am I wrong..?

Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Is it a step backwards for Venus ? In the end it is an audience recording...granted in good sound..upgrated with a book.
Why didn`t they release the studio stuff...they obviously have acc. to their flyer....? They set the bar high..now they are lowering it...or am I wrong..?

they havent lowered the bar really, the flyer clearly states its released on there SUB-label so not their main label. you goin to order this one?? as i thought u wanted every show on silver disc, and this is a silver disc debut