Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New VV Release : "Better Than Ever" 1-26-70 O.S.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 am

I would have liked to have seen this on a double CD set - I would have totally bought it.

Since I don't have a turntable, I have no use for vinyl.

They should have released it as a double CD set too and not leave out those who have no interest in vinyl.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:39 pm

I agree 100%

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:44 pm

CiscoK
We are talking about Houston 1970, my 70s dream!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Although I'm happy with the Madison CD release of the 1-26-1970 OS -- it is by far the best edition of this excellent show -- this does look like a fun collectable for those who dig LPs.

The bonus CD of the 2-28-1970 AS is likely from the known audience recording made by super-fan Maria Davies. It's not very good quality, but is a great performance.

The cover shot is new to my eyes, and I like it a lot. But ... I believe it is a reversed-image.

I think the correction below is right. Anyone agree?

flyer_better_thanever_CORRECTED.JPG

Need some help please.

Can anyone tell me how i reverse photos like in this CD the cover?

I have been trying to work out how to reverse some of my photos but they keep turning sideways :? , all im trying to get is a reverse image.

Im using Windows Photo Gallery.

Thanks.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:20 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Although I'm happy with the Madison CD release of the 1-26-1970 OS -- it is by far the best edition of this excellent show -- this does look like a fun collectable for those who dig LPs.

The bonus CD of the 2-28-1970 AS is likely from the known audience recording made by super-fan Maria Davies. It's not very good quality, but is a great performance.

The cover shot is new to my eyes, and I like it a lot. But ... I believe it is a reversed-image.

I think the correction below is right. Anyone agree?

flyer_better_thanever_CORRECTED.JPG

I think you have it right Doc.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 pm

The main selling point of this package is the Houston show to me.
The vinyl is nice but this time it's heard before, the previous two releases by this label contained (to me)new material on that format.
A 1972 and 1971 show in decent show, with (not so new)bonus on cd.

This time it's te other way around.
"New" stuff on cd, re-releases on the record.
As for the Houston show, we all know that the audience-recordings from those shows are pretty poor.
All five of them are on cdr and are outstanding shows but poor sounding.

This version has a slighty better sound then before, it's very unlikely we ever get a better source,so i take what i can get.
Someboddy asked for a ample, well here is "Don't cry daddy".

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/48936418/file.html

My verdict: i'm not to keen on the re-releasing stuff, but the Houston Astrodome expierience makes up for it.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 pm

When once a single cd release surfaces..I will probably get it..but in this package it is a waste of money..