Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

lisa marie on BBC1 tonight.

Fri May 09, 2003 9:45 pm

lisa marie is top guest on friday night with jonathon ross tonight.i will be recording.anyone wanting to see tape email me. 8)

Fri May 09, 2003 10:15 pm

I hope Jonathon Ross doesn't try to take the piss,because I think he'll meet his match with her.

Sat May 10, 2003 12:28 am

It'll be interesting to see how she/he handle's the interview? Ross can be an annoying tw*t sometimes! Oh well better get comfy on the couch.

Sat May 10, 2003 1:37 am

Well give the man his due, he sounded genuinely interested in what she had to say. I think she was probably sitting in the green room dreading going on last after hearing the comical aspects of the first 2 interviews & was probably expecting something similar. I think she enjoyed it though & gave some good answers in the time allowed. My wife thought she looked 'ruff' though & had terrible nails! Mind you I'm not surprised after the last few months of gruelling schedules!

Sat May 10, 2003 3:53 am

Really,I get the impression she hated every second she was on.

That must have been the staightest interview Ross had ever given,I think he was genuinely thrilled to interview her,although I sensed even he was a little apprehensive.

Sat May 10, 2003 9:48 am

How about a recap for the people here in North America.

Sat May 10, 2003 11:31 am

BTW - She didn't perform her song live, they showed a clip of her 'Lights Out' video.

The whole interview was somewhat low-key [by Jonathan Ross standards] with both of them seeming a little nervous.

She was on her best behaviour, with no bad language.

She looked a little tired and 'rough-round-the edges' by comparison to how great she looked in the video, slightly baggy round the eyes.

The subject of her marriages was discussed, and Jacko in particular.

Jonathan treated her very gently, almost reverently !

An interesting interview.

Colin B

Lisa Marie interview

Sat May 10, 2003 3:56 pm

Lisa seemed very nervous to me. (Her dad didn't like interviews much, so I guess she takes after him in that respect.) Jonathan Ross is a bona fide Elvis fan and seemed genuinely interested in what Lisa had to say. He didn't dodge the issues - quizzing her about her marriages etc - I thought he handled the interview quite sensitively, interspersing it with his usual humour. It would have been nice to hear something about Lisa's relationship with her dad, but I guess that was expecting a lot in such a short interview. She did seem to draw a blank when Jonathan said that she must have a lot of fond memories. I liked the video clip very much - I thought Lisa looked pretty good (better than she did on the programme) and her moves and style reminded me a little of Elvis! I wish her well and hope that she does take up Jonathan's offer of going back to sing on the show.