Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Songs - UK

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:16 am

I just hope we can sneak up to Platinum sales now we are so close!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 pm

So, how many "the nations fav."albums were sold last week ?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 pm

trouble_jw wrote:I just hope we can sneak up to Platinum sales now we are so close!

The King sneaks to his Platinum Award. The Lumineers with number 29 sold 8,006 units last week. The last UK Midweek Charts listed for Elvis nearly 4,000 units.
Last edited by Laser- Freak on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

As of yesterday (5th) 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album had sold 259,154 units in total. TV advertising has now stopped.

Brian

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:09 pm

It will go platinum, and it will be re-promoted (to a degree) in the lead-up to Feb 14th and so on...Sony have invested heavily in it so will still milk it throughout this year I'd imagine.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 am

Strange wrote:It will go platinum, and it will be re-promoted (to a degree) in the lead-up to Feb 14th and so on...Sony have invested heavily in it so will still milk it throughout this year I'd imagine.

what is your source for this info?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:As of yesterday (5th) 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album had sold 259,154 units in total.

What was YOUR total a week before? (We both had different amounts.)

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Laser- Freak wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:As of yesterday (5th) 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album had sold 259,154 units in total.

What was YOUR total a week before? (We both had different amounts.)

Sales figures are obtained from various sources and occasionally the totals slightly differ. However, the following weekly totals for 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album as given by the Official Charts Company are as follows:

10.11.2013 16,923

17.11.2013 34,488

24.11.2013 26,807

1.2.2013 29,393

8.12.2013 33,070

15.12.2013 37,542

22.12.2013 46,830

29.12.2013 27,908

5.1.2014 6,193

Brian

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 pm

You think it will make Platinum Brian?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 pm

trouble_jw wrote:You think it will make Platinum Brian?

Yes. Possibly in time for Elvis Week in August.

Brian

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:...Sales figures are obtained from various sources and occasionally the totals slightly differ.

Thanks for the totals.

A difference about 300 units wouldn't be the problem. But for the 8th week I have over 2,500 units more!

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:44 pm

'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album drops fro 43 to 49 this week.

Brian

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:54 am

Brian Quinn wrote:'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album drops fro 43 to 49 this week.

Brian

Not a huge drop from last week, but with a continued presence in stores, the well isn't dry for this release yet, even if its best sales have been achieved.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 am

greystoke wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album drops fro 43 to 49 this week.

Brian

Not a huge drop from last week, but with a continued presence in stores, the well isn't dry for this release yet, even if its best sales have been achieved.

That's it... and there's always Mothers Day just around the corner! Although it will have to go some in order to qualify for a Platinum award before August imo.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:As of yesterday (5th) 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album had sold 259,154 units in total. TV advertising has now stopped.

Brian
The TV advertising wasn't that great really i think i only saw the advert once... Twice at a push.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Gary1 wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:As of yesterday (5th) 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album had sold 259,154 units in total. TV advertising has now stopped.

Brian
The TV advertising wasn't that great really i think i only saw the advert once... Twice at a push.

I agree. Of course it depends on which region the advertising takes place. The London area is particularly expensive for advertising and is rarely used. I do believe that regions are selected on the basis of where the majority of fans are believed to live. However, this release was not particularly aimed at fans but the general public.

Brian

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:30 pm

I saw the advert 9-10 times here in Nottingham. Most I've ever seen for a Elvis album.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 pm

trouble_jw wrote:I saw the advert 9-10 times here in Nottingham. Most I've ever seen for a Elvis album.

i saw it at least 10 times in yorkshire tv region

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 am

London did ok. I've lost count how many many times the album was shown on Carlton (ITV1).

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Total sales figure for 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album as of last Sunday 12th January, 2014 is estimated at 262,500 units. This is believed to be a close estimate.

Brian

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:Total sales figure for 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album as of last Sunday 12th January, 2014 is estimated at 262,500 units. This is believed to be a close estimate.

Brian

That's a very respectable amount, and that's irregardless of album sales being on a downturn in the UK just now. But new albums by singers alive, well and popular sold little more in some cases, and such is fair to compare because they're selling and charting in the same climate. But the TV show and good advertising must be considered a success, a success that benefited the continued marketability of songs with an unwavering chart presence.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:43 pm

greystoke wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:Total sales figure for 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album as of last Sunday 12th January, 2014 is estimated at 262,500 units. This is believed to be a close estimate.

Brian

That's a very respectable amount, and that's irregardless of album sales being on a downturn in the UK just now. But new albums by singers alive, well and popular sold little more in some cases, and such is fair to compare because they're selling and charting in the same climate. But the TV show and good advertising must be considered a success, a success that benefited the continued marketability of songs with an unwavering chart presence.

I agree. When you think that the album has sold over two and a half times the amount of people who would fill Wembley Stadium it is amazing, especially when the songs have all been released many times before on different compilations. It just goes to show what a bit of prime time TV advertising can do.

Brian

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:13 pm

It's been a great success! I just hope sony build on this and don't abandon it.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:05 pm

'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album drops from 49 to 66 on the UK Album Chart for w/e 25th January, 2014.

Brian

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Total sales figure for 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album as of last Sunday 19th January, 2014 is estimated at 264,000 units. This is believed to be a close estimate.

Brian