Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The truth about me cd

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 am

anyone have anymore information on this or can post a scan of the packaging and what it looked like? i know i have it somewhere and cant find it.. it supposedly has the interview outtakes and i need it for archiving my collection. i know i have it, just cant find it.

Re: The truth about me cd

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Kylan wrote:anyone have anymore information on this or can post a scan of the packaging and what it looked like? i know i have it somewhere and cant find it.. it supposedly has the interview outtakes and i need it for archiving my collection. i know i have it, just cant find it.

Here you are my friend!. This is one of the coolest EPE releases ever, love it 8) . Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Kylan wrote:anyone have anymore information on this or can post a scan of the packaging and what it looked like? i know i have it somewhere and cant find it.. it supposedly has the interview outtakes and i need it for archiving my collection. i know i have it, just cant find it.

Here you are my friend!. This is one of the coolest EPE releases ever, love it 8) . Bye for now :smt006.

Mike that looks fantastic! It appears it comes with both the vinyl record and CD...is that correct?

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mike that looks fantastic! It appears it comes with both the vinyl record and CD...is that correct?

Yes, correct!. Everything included. Cooooooooooooooooool :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Yes, correct!. Everything included. Cooooooooooooooooool :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

Well, not quite everything Mike - Everything apart from the line "I want to thank all of my loyal fans who have watched my performances, and in that way became friends of mine" just before he says "I sure appreciate you listening to my RCA Victor records" at the end, which is on the original disc issued in November 1956, but isn't on the CD.

When 'The Truth About Me' was issued in the U.K. as a mail order from 'Weekend Mail' magazine in March 1957, it also contained the additional line but it was edited to take out the "RCA Victor" reference at the end.

The Truth About Me ('Elvis Answers Back' CD/Magazine Set)
The Truth About Me (Original U.S. Disc - 1956)
The Truth About Me (Original U.K. Disc - 1957)

I wonder what happened to that additional line?

Keith

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Keith wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Yes, correct!. Everything included. Cooooooooooooooooool :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

Well, not quite everything Mike - Everything apart from the line "I want to thank all of my loyal fans who have watched my performances, and in that way became friends of mine" just before he says "I sure appreciate you listening to my RCA Victor records" at the end, which is on the original disc issued in November 1956, but isn't on the CD.

When 'The Truth About Me' was issued in the U.K. as a mail order from 'Weekend Mail' magazine in March 1957, it also contained the additional line but it was edited to take out the "RCA Victor" reference at the end.

The Truth About Me ('Elvis Answers Back' CD/Magazine Set)
The Truth About Me (Original U.S. Disc - 1956)
The Truth About Me (Original U.K. Disc - 1957)

I wonder what happened to that additional line?

Keith

Sir!, thank you for the clarification you are the expert 8) but I meant to say that everything is included regarding the 2 records and the cd. Sorry for the confusing :oops:. Bye for now :smt006.