Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Only Gravel Believe!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Must get this I haven't got the original.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:OMG ! Almost everyone on this thread has got the Tony.. fever. :o :o :smt005

The thread starter has an axe to grind, but that's nothing new.

It fact, it's getting very OLD.

So is the fact that they keep on re-releasing the same shows that most collectors snapped up the first time round and therefore already have them There's unlikely to have been any new collectors born since then, but a handful of gullible souls who will fall for the 'remastered' / 'improved source' / 'an additional 18 seconds' fodder every time. It's becoming clear now that the bootleggers have NO previously unreleased soundboard recorded concerts to bring us, so they will just keep on re-issuing the same turkeys over and over.

Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm

For those who don't have the original, this is a nice alternative.

My DAE still plays very fine, that label produced of the best sounding- show-recordings.
I still treasure them all!!

However, at the closing remarks of the 26th recordings, there is a tape fault heard.
If that fault is on the "new" version, then it's a copy job....otherwise, it's another source.
W'ell see...

Fri May 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Tony.. wrote:So is the fact that they keep on re-releasing the same shows that most collectors snapped up the first time round and therefore already have them There's unlikely to have been any new collectors born since then, but a handful of gullible souls who will fall for the 'remastered' / 'improved source' / 'an additional 18 seconds' fodder every time. It's becoming clear now that the bootleggers have NO previously unreleased soundboard recorded concerts to bring us, so they will just keep on re-issuing the same turkeys over and over.

Always another complaint, and there's really no reason for it. You've been a member of FECC for ten years now.

One of the best things about FECC ("For Elvis CD Collector's Only") is when an import reissue pops up, this is the place to find out if it is worth your money. There is never a concern over whether a collector will be fooled by a "turkey." Just read about it here.

Case-in-point: the two shows below had been around for years in only fair quality at best, until one label found a far better and more complete source for each, and released them in beautiful packages. And fans found out about it by reading topics right here on FECC.

Opening Night: January 1970 (Madison, 2008) - Jan 26 OS complete, in superb sound
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/openingnight70.html

Closing Night: February 1970 (Madison, 2007) - Feb 23 CS complete, in superb sound
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/closingnightfeb70.html

::rocks

Fri May 10, 2013 11:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:So is the fact that they keep on re-releasing the same shows that most collectors snapped up the first time round and therefore already have them There's unlikely to have been any new collectors born since then, but a handful of gullible souls who will fall for the 'remastered' / 'improved source' / 'an additional 18 seconds' fodder every time. It's becoming clear now that the bootleggers have NO previously unreleased soundboard recorded concerts to bring us, so they will just keep on re-issuing the same turkeys over and over.

Always another complaint, and there's really no reason for it. You've been a member of FECC for ten years now.

One of the best things about FECC ("For Elvis CD Collector's Only") is when an import reissue pops up, this is the place to find out if it is worth your money. There is never a concern over whether a collector will be fooled by a "turkey." Just read about it here.

Case-in-point: the two shows below had been around for years in only fair quality at best, until one label found a far better and more complete source for each, and released them in beautiful packages. And fans found out about it by reading topics right here on FECC.

I totally agree.

Rebooked At The International (Backdraft, 2011)
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/cd_review_rebooked.html

Fri May 10, 2013 11:53 pm

memfisking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Always another complaint, and there's really no reason for it. You've been a member of FECC for ten years now.

Opening Night: January 1970 (Madison, 2008) - Jan 26 OS complete, in superb sound
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/openingnight70.html

Closing Night: February 1970 (Madison, 2007) - Feb 23 CS complete, in superb sound
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/closingnightfeb70.html

I totally agree.

Rebooked At The International (Backdraft, 2011)
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/cd_review_rebooked.html

That's another good example of the power of FECC.

A discussion of that repackaged box set proved it offered 9 new tracks, and recycled the other 73 cuts from three bootleg releases, including those two Madison classics, and took some material from an official Sony Legacy set.

No mystery there! ;-)

See -->
ELVIS REBOOKED AT THE INTERNATIONAL
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64301&p=955180#p955180
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64301&p=957555#p957555

Sat May 11, 2013 1:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
That's another good example of the power of FECC.

A discussion of that repackaged box set proved it offered 9 new tracks, and recycled the other 73 cuts from three bootleg releases, including those two Madison classics, and took some material from an official Sony Legacy set.

No mystery there! ;-)

repackaged
recycled
from bootleg releases
and took some material from an official Sony set

Yep, sounds like "Gravel Road" material to me.

Definitely no mystery there! Nice to see you are finally putting your personal agenda aside. :wink:

Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 am

memfisking wrote:Yep, sounds like "Gravel Road" material to me.

Well, the difference is that Gravelroads have offered new audio many, many more times than the label you came on here today to (yet again) promote.

And, unlike you, I don't actively promote releases, I just offer my opinion when others write about them -- it's what this site is all about!

Have a nice day. ;-)

Sat May 11, 2013 1:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Well, the difference is that Gravelroads have offered new audio many, many more times than the label you came on here today to (yet again) promote.

And, unlike you, I don't actively promote releases, I just offer my opinion when others write about them -- it's what this site is all about!

Have a nice day. ;-)

Well, you sure did a lot of promoting for "For God And Country" :facep:, and no-one had actually heard that release, so how was it that you got to hear it??? :wink:

You have a nice day too, Doc. :wink:

Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 am

memfisking wrote:Well, you sure did a lot of promoting for "For God And Country" ...

Don't think so. But you enjoy yourself, regardless. ;-)

Sat May 11, 2013 10:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Have a nice day. ;-)

One of the persons involved the Rebooked set does have offered many unreleased audio. If you are well informed, you'll know who that is. Because of that you are negative about Rebooked.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm

I like the Gravelroad CD's they are well packaged and great sounding.
When I compare their CD's , they do sound better and some of them have more of the concert or reheasral whatsoever.
Clearly they use their own sources.
It amazes me that many here have an opinion and ignore easy to proof hard facts.
Over the time I noticed that there are just two parties on board when it comes to Gravelroad, the ones who like the releases and the ones who have a personal beef , but never a real argument.
I don have to do much effort to figure this out when ready the postings.

For as far as I know Gravelroad never released a 1977 show at all ! I never mist any release thanks to my dealer :D
Think you got confused here Davie.

Oh and I also believe All things are possible was due to be updated , Thank God for Gravelroad at least they do it right and not a computer jockey. :roll:

Sat May 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Sounds to me you know them .
As you state "here and there more seconds" .
To me it’s proof he uses the original tapes and not ripping CD’s
So he most have get hold of them.
I don’t hear or read from producers complaining so he most have gotten hem by buying or trading whatever they do.
It’s merely bystanders who complain.

I find, the Brightest star on sunset boulevard, excellent if not one of the best sounding bootlegs made with more audio than the old Baxter release.
No compression so the audio swing is natural.
Of course if your hifi set isn’t up to a more subtle sound, you won’t hear it.
But most here listen to it on computer converted mp3’s or a $1200 HiFi set. Or the totally "I screw music up" surround set. Yep, you miss out on real stereo music.

The essential’77 Soundboard Collection looks in no way like the Gravelroad releases.

And if they would have done it the packaging would be better.
Doesn’t fit their releases they are much nicer!
Sound is good so for that reason I don’t see a reason to complain, actually they sound better than the final curtain boxset of Boxcar.
That makes them at least showing they can deliver the quality we all hope for !
Same as the Graceland Cds , all audience except for the Closing Night Feb 23 1970 thats was indeed released later by Madison in complete and in better source sound.
All these audience CDs by Graceland are in very good sound and packaging . Are top notch !!

You make me realize that Gravelroad is a very good label and with the side projects they show they can do it all very well.
Mr GraveI, I guess you a have a hard time getting new material otherwise you would kick many labels their butts.
Maybe somebody who has something, should offer it to Gravelroad think they would love to buy it...and we all have a awasome new release !

Sat May 11, 2013 7:50 pm

davie2001 wrote:Strange comparison Doc putting two Madison Label CD’s up and comparing then to what Gravel Road does?

That's not quite what I wrote.