Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Only Gravel Believe!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Only believe!
gravel_onlybelieve.jpg

Elvis Presley, unquestionably the most popular entertainer to ever appear on the famed Las Vegas Strip, returns to the main showroom of the International Hotel!
With the limited Album “SNOWBIRD REVISITED” we started off with the first of three shows from 1971 January – February Las Vegas season.
With great (RIP OFF) pleasure we announce the second show “ONLY BELIEVE”. This is a fantastic show of January 27, 1971 Midnight.
If you enjoyed “SNOWBIRD REVISITED”, you’ll going to love the CD “ONLY BELIEVE” for sure????? HUMMMM

It took 18 years to come up with a fully re-mastered audio (What a crock of sh*t) and deluxe artwork with plenty photos and liner notes of January 1971. All housed in a modern seventies styled package.

We guarantee, you’ll hear details not heard before! (what pissssshhhh)

With the research we figured out that it is very likely that only “Suspicious Minds” and “The Impossible Dream” were not recorded (yes until a proper label releases it LOL).
Because of the energy of the show, the show of 28th of January Midnight was the best choice to restore it to a complete show. We took these songs and edited them to make them fit the show.

This is a limited edition and will match the previous release. (yes a perfect re-issue of the old)
Only Gravel believe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Only Gravel Believe!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Got it... great show btw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:17 pm

I will pay top dollar for this!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Yes its a great release, from the one of the masters of the bootleg world, these boys took amazing risks & expense to bring us some out-standing CD's not just on the DAE label.

Unlike Mr Gravel who should think of a change of label to the “The Cash Cow”
Ripping off others efforts and putting nothing back, in the way of “NEW MATERIAL”
cash-cow.jpg

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:54 pm

I won't be getting this one (nor the next one) and if someone is intersted in a sealed copy of "Snowbird Revisited" just let me know.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm

hm80ep wrote:I won't be getting this one (nor the next one) and if someone is intersted in a sealed copy of "Snowbird Revisited" just let me know.

I am if its free :D

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
hm80ep wrote:I won't be getting this one (nor the next one) and if someone is intersted in a sealed copy of "Snowbird Revisited" just let me know.

I am if its free :D

I'm sorry, but it's not.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

I can see how these releases can be seen as rip-offs, but to people who missed out first time round, at least it's a chance to hear these shows. Until relatively recently I didn't know where to buy imports so to me Gravel Road supply product I don't previously have.
Not for one minute would I consider buying them on the strength of "improved sound" if I owned the earlier incarnations. :?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Steelback wrote....
I can see how these releases can be seen as rip-offs, but to people who missed out first time round, at least it's a chance to hear these shows

:smt023 :smt006 :sosorry:
Last edited by elvis1977br on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm

elvis1977br wrote:
I can see how these releases can be seen as rip-offs, but to people who missed out first time round, at least it's a chance to hear these shows

:smt023 :smt006

My thoughts exactly.... ::rocks

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:45 pm

elvis1977br wrote:

:smt023 :smt006

I'm glad you appear to approve of my post. Might be nice to leave people's names on when you quote them :)

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Just per-ordered a copy.
I only have a CD-R of All Things Are Possible so this will do nicely :)

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Might be nice to leave people's names on when you quote them

I completely agree.

That was rude.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

The proof will be if the show is sans all the horrible digital reverb added to the show on the old DAE release. If it maintains that, you will know the source!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

OMG ! Almost everyone on this thread has got the Tony.. fever. :o :o :smt005

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:OMG ! Almost everyone on this thread has got the Tony.. fever. :o :o :smt005

The thread starter has an axe to grind, but that's nothing new.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Matthew wrote:The thread starter has an axe to grind, but that's nothing new.

Truth be told, this act by "E-1" ("tcb1," "robg," et al) is getting very OLD.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Steelback wrote:I only have a CD-R of All Things Are Possible so this will do nicely :)

Same counts for me..... ::rocks

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 am

I just hope they won't mess up the sound quality (again) by trying to win the loudness war or else.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:I just hope they won't mess up the sound quality (again) by trying to win the loudness war or else.

Well, the sound was messed up a bit with all those old DAE/Luxor releases because they added a cloud of stereo digital reverb over the mono soundboard recordings. If they didn't want to present the recordings dry then a touch of mono reverb would have been a better route but alas. So the resultant CDs very obviously gave away the added sound effect. Beautifully packaged titles though and Here I Go Again had one of the best covers I've seen.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:26 am

I have all original diamond releases, so I will skip this one.... A fantastic concert but with not very good sound. But I like the reverb or echo add by Diamond.
I wonder why FTD doesn't put out a 2 CD set from this season, instead they release only one CD "The Impossible Dream" with bits and pieces of others concerts...

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 am

dougkapp wrote:I have all original diamond releases, so I will skip this one.... A fantastic concert but with not very good sound. But I like the reverb or echo add by Diamond.
I wonder why FTD doesn't put out a 2 CD set from this season, instead they release only one CD "The Impossible Dream" with bits and pieces of others concerts...

Perhaps because the standard of performance on these first-week shows is very low.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 am

Compared to August 1970 the Presley-show had gotten somewhat sloppy, but still I enjoyed the old DAE-release very much. The set list is good and Elvis is very entertaining.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:OMG ! Almost everyone on this thread has got the Tony.. fever. :o :o :smt005

The thread starter has an axe to grind, but that's nothing new.

It fact, it's getting very OLD.

Speak in English man. It Fact?
Anyway as to Matthew “I have an Axe to grind” yes I do as stated this label has been around long enough now to produce something new from all its ill gotten gains? But prefers to pay of debt or whatever, not my concern.

Bootlegging is theft we all know that, but there are robin hood type bootleggers out there that give a lot, at great expense etc..
Already most labels are legends in there own right!
Then there is the bootlegger of the bootlegger, which sinks to a new low, especially when the person tries to make a living off of it!
I have nothing against re-issuing as pointed out it helps fans get material they missed out on or weren’t around first time around. But the point made isn’t that. It is the continual scamming of old labels without even attempting to do something new!

But the Doc holds this in high regard that’s fine, I don’t simple. That’s FACT!

So just that we are 100% clear here, my axe is against the theft from thieves’ principle; it is considered lower than low. Unless you are the Doc, then your standards on rights and wrong are adjusted to suit your agenda. (As seen with the support of the “For God And Country” CD that never appeared from the new label from Gravel?) :oops: :wink:

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

dougkapp wrote:I have all original diamond releases, so I will skip this one.... A fantastic concert but with not very good sound. But I like the reverb or echo add by Diamond.

Same here....many of the DAE releases is among my favorite bootlegs ever.