Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Lately I have been marking my Elvis vinyl collection on the latest Presleyana book to find out the different releases I have 8). Well I was surprised finding out that the single 47-9731 Memories/Charro was the first Stereo release since the Stereo single release of 47-7850 Surrender/Lonely Man :shock:.


Image
Charro/Memories 47-9731

Image
Surrender/Lonely Man 47-7850

From 1961 to 1968 only Mono singles?. I still have to check it on my own, but anyone knew this?. Bye for now :smt006

Image
Presleyana Price Guide VII

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Lately I have been marking my Elvis vinyl collection on the latest Presleyana book to find out the different releases I have. Well I was surprised finding out that the single 47-9731 Memories/Charro was the first Stereo release since the Stereo single release of 47-7850 Surrender/Lonely Man ... From 1961 to 1968 only Mono singles?. I still have to check it on my own, but anyone knew this?.


Yup.

There was some debate as to whether the 1969 B-side of "Charro" was MONO or STEREO, kindly solved by FECC super-fans!

The following is completely accurate in regards to Elvis Presley U.S. single releases in STEREO.

-----

The first official RCA 45 in "Living Stereo" was April 1960's "Stuck On You" by Elvis Presley.

The single goes at auction for $500 or more.


Image

Stuck On You / Fame and Fortune
(US) RCA 47-7740 / Stereo 61-7740



Other "Living Stereo" 45s followed, ALL are hard to find today:

1960

Image


It's Now Or Never / A Mess Of Blues
(US) RCA 47-7777 / Stereo 61-7777



Image

Are You Lonesome To-night? / I Gotta Know
(US) RCA 47-7810 / Stereo 61-7810



1961

Image

Surrender / Lonely Man
(US) RCA 47-7850 / Stereo 61-7850



After this, Presley single 45s were MONO until March/April 1969:

Memories / Charro
(US) RCA 47-9731



His Hand In Mine / How Great Thou Art
(US) RCA 74-0130



After April 1969, RCA went back to MONO 45s until November 1971:

Merry Christmas Baby / O Come, All Ye Faithful
(US) RCA 74-0572



[ thanks to RonBaker2003 and HoneyTalkNelson for 45-spinning! ]
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 am

This topic has already been covered in length in the past. >> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64556&hilit=Charro+stereo&start=75

Mike Windgren wrote:I was surprised finding out that the single 47-9731 Memories/Charro was the first Stereo release since the Stereo single release of 47-7850 Surrender/Lonely Man.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, maybe.

According to Mike Windgren's Presleyana Price Guide VII there's no "maybe" about it.

drjohn, when you "dig out" your copy would you please post a pic of the single? I'm sure that we would all love to see it.

Thanks.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:47 am

Blue River wrote:This topic has already been covered ...


No, that was a nice topic for about 2 and a half pages, then it turned into a pissing match started by you, under your other login, "chevyford."

This post by Juan Luis sums it up:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64556&start=75#p962409

Either add something of value to this topic, or move on. Thanks!

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:58 am

x
Last edited by rjm on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 am

I just got my 45 out and checked it. It does not say stereo on either a or b side labels. "Charro" is in stereo, but "Memories" appears to be fake stereo...rechanneled.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Blue River wrote:This topic has already been covered ...

No, that was a nice topic for about 2 and a half pages, then it turned into a pissing match started by you, under your other login, "chevyford."
Either add something of value to this topic, or move on. Thanks!

You're a little touchy tonight, John. There was no pissing "match" in the other thread. You were out-pissed by a landslide by "Daryl" and that "chevyford" guy.

rjm wrote:Whoa!!!!!!!!!!
You done said it!!! (The Cardinals thing was the giveaway to me. I tried real hard to give him the benefit of the doubt at first. But, then . . .)
You got gonads, Doc!!

:lol: The only thing Doc has is a bruised ego because he's been proven wrong about the "Charro" 47-9731 RCA single. :D
rjm, it's hilarious how you worship him! Oh well, now and then there's a fool such as you.

MaryAnn is a Cardinal fan, too. Gee whiz, maybe she could be "chevyford".
I also have a brother, nephew, cousin, and several friends that are Cardinal fans... heck, maybe one of them could be "chevyford".


RonBaker2003 wrote:I just got my 45 out and checked it. It does not say stereo on either a or b side labels. "Charro" is in stereo, but "Memories" appears to be fake stereo...rechanneled.

Now drjohncarpenter and rjm, if you two head cases don't have anything of value to add to this topic then move on. :smt006


::rocks

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:20 am

rjm wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Blue River wrote:This topic has already been covered ...


No, that was a nice topic for about 2 and a half pages, then it turned into a pissing match started by you, under your other login, "chevyford."

This post by Juan Luis sums it up:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64556&start=75#p962409

Either add something of value to this topic, or move on. Thanks!


Whoa!!!!!!!!!!

You done said it!!! (The Cardinals thing was the giveaway to me. I tried real hard to give him the benefit of the doubt at first. But, then . . .)

You got gonads, Doc!!

rjm


I just call 'em as I see 'em. "chevyford"-"R&B player"-"Blue River" is an insecure trouble-maker who often attempts to derail topics. The above is yet another example. Such is the internet.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:21 am

RonBaker2003 wrote:I just got my 45 out and checked it. It does not say stereo on either a or b side labels. "Charro" is in stereo, but "Memories" appears to be fake stereo...rechanneled.


Thanks for your input -- I will try to find my 45 and give it a listen ASAP.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: "Blue River" is an insecure trouble-maker who often attempts to derail topics. The above is yet another example. Such is the internet.

The above is yet another example of how rude and shallow you are, John. Your definition of "trouble-maker" is anyone who proves you wrong, and then you childishly and unfairly accuse them of derailing a topic. Unlike you, I have absolutely no insecurity issues.


drjohncarpenter wrote:
RonBaker2003 wrote:I just got my 45 out and checked it. It does not say stereo on either a or b side labels. "Charro" is in stereo, but "Memories" appears to be fake stereo...rechanneled.

I will try to find my 45 and give it a listen ASAP.

You sure have a short memory when it's convenient for you!... From Page 3 of the "Mono - stereo recordings" topic ~
drjohncarpenter wrote:The original 1969 RCA single release does not state MONO or STEREO on the labels, and my copy of the 45 plays mono on both sides

By all means, please post a pic of "your copy", John. We would all love to see it.
Last edited by Blue River on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:04 am

"chevyford"-"R&B player"-"Blue River" -- give it a rest, quit trying to derail yet another topic.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:"chevyford"-"R&B player"-"Blue River" -- give it a rest, quit trying to derail yet another topic.

Once again when backed into a corner, you resort to your childish ways.
This topic is about the 47-9731 "Charro" single. There's been no derailing attempt on my part, "Johnny Savage"-"sweetangeline".

Bottom line - You've been proven wrong (again) and you don't know how to man-up to it. Now stop your whining and move on.



Blue River ~ Keepin' it real.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am

I'm not digging it out but it seems to me that Charro was in stereo. Anyone else?

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: "Blue River" is an insecure trouble-maker who often attempts to derail topics. The above is yet another example. Such is the internet.

The above is yet another example of how rude and shallow you are, John. Your definition of "trouble-maker" is anyone who proves you wrong, and then you childishly and unfairly accuse them of derailing a topic. Unlike you, I have absolutely no insecurity issues.


drjohncarpenter wrote:
RonBaker2003 wrote:I just got my 45 out and checked it. It does not say stereo on either a or b side labels. "Charro" is in stereo, but "Memories" appears to be fake stereo...rechanneled.

I will try to find my 45 and give it a listen ASAP.

You sure have a short memory when it's convenient for you!... From Page 3 of the "Mono - stereo recordings" topic ~
drjohncarpenter wrote:The original 1969 RCA single release does not state MONO or STEREO on the labels, and my copy of the 45 plays mono on both sides

By all means, please post a pic of "your copy", John. We would all love to see it.


You just totally derailed this thread.

And you got the nerve to call others childish?

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

stevelecher wrote:I'm not digging it out but it seems to me that Charro was in stereo. Anyone else?

drjohncarpenter isn't digging his out, either, because he doesn't really have a copy of RCA 47-9731.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 am

memphisound wrote:You just totally derailed this thread.
And you got the nerve to call others childish?

Yes, and I also have the nerve to call you childish for your meaningless post above. I just call 'em as I see 'em.

If you'll look at Mike Windgren's initial post you'll see where he wrote and asked...
Mike Windgren wrote:Well I was surprised finding out that the single 47-9731 Memories/Charro was the first Stereo release since the Stereo single release of 47-7850 Surrender/Lonely Man....
...anyone knew this?

My replies have in no way "derailed this thread".

memphisound, go find some business elsewhere.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Good morning to all, please guys peace on earth, it is just a topic :wink:.

Doc, I´m aware of those Living Stereo releases but I was talking about the regular Stereo releases.

I can confirm now that Charro is in beautiful Stereo sound :smt020. Why?, because I have pulled out my copy of my collection and listened to it by headphones as requested by Blue River to prove it :smt023.

Image

As I don´t know how to rip a vinyl to mp3 I have just posted a video on youtube for all of you to enjoy!.

I can confirm as well that Memories is in Mono sound 8). Bye for now :smt006.

phpBB [video]

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:00 pm

x
Last edited by rjm on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Sorry to bring you the bad news Mike but both records you listed here are BOOTLEGS! :smt006

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

promiseland wrote:Sorry to bring you the bad news Mike but both records you listed here are BOOTLEGS! :smt006


That´s a good one!. smt174. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

promiseland wrote:Sorry to bring you the bad news Mike but both records you listed here are BOOTLEGS! :smt006


That´s a good one!. smt174. Bye for now :smt006.

:lol: :smt006 :lol:

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm

I don't have a copy of the original single (47-9731) but I have it listed as "Charro (Stereo) / Memories (Mono)" in my Discography.

The Listing Notice for the single clearly has the Matrix Number for "Charro" showing to be in Stereo (WPKS 8091) and for "Memories showing to be in Mono (WPKM 8044)

ln_9731.JPG


W = 1968
P = Popular
K = 7 inch 45rpm
S = Stereo
M = Mono

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Keith wrote:I don't have a copy of the original single (47-9731) but I have it listed as "Charro (Stereo) / Memories (Mono)" in my Discography.
The Listing Notice for the single clearly has the Matrix Number for "Charro" showing to be in Stereo (WPKS 8091) and for "Memories showing to be in Mono (WPKM 8044)

W = 1968
P = Popular
K = 7 inch 45rpm
S = Stereo
M = Mono

Thank you, sir.

Respectfully - Blue River

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 pm

I still have my original that I bought in 1969. I'll give it a spin later and will let you know what I've got.

Re: 47-9731

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Lately I have been marking my Elvis vinyl collection on the latest Presleyana book to find out the different releases I have. Well I was surprised finding out that the single 47-9731 Memories/Charro was the first Stereo release since the Stereo single release of 47-7850 Surrender/Lonely Man ... From 1961 to 1968 only Mono singles?. I still have to check it on my own, but anyone knew this?.


Well, maybe.

There is some debate as to whether the 1969 B-side of "Charro" is MONO or STEREO.

I have a copy at home, I'll try to dig it out and listen.


Dear old Doc, I was able to finally rip my original US single of Charro/Memories, so you don´t have to dig out your copy :wink:. We can now close an old legend..... Here it is in beautiful stereo sound for all of you to enjoy! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Charro-Stereo
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/17558880/file.html

Memories-Mono
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/89404734/file.html