Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha From Hawaii Legacy -- BUMMER!!!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Joe Car wrote:All I know is one of the greatest performers in the world, (Sammy Davis jr.) rated the Aloha an 11 out of 10. That's good enough for me and the fans and music lovers who made this the no. 1 album that it was and the phenomenal viewing audience it garnered. I'm tired of the Aloha getting ripped apart on this forum. I know there is obviously a bias when people even criticize his physical appearance for this show as well, given he looked phenomenal. This is why I don't post as often as I used to, for this very reason. It gets monotonous!

It's expected here Joe... everyone has an opinion... fortunately that's all it is. Aloha was a great show and Elvis looked phenomenal... it had it's shortcomings but overall it was a standout among his live performances. Just keep on rockin' Joe!!

Luckily that's really all it is - opinion!! Don't let them get you down. I love the Aloha shows and enjoy listening to them on a regular basis.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:40 pm

I've been listening to the rehearsal show from the Legacy Edition the last few days. I can't believe how terrible this mix is... I don't understand why Sony uses engineers/producers who (I assume) aren't familiar with Elvis' music. Although it's far from Elvis' best performance, it's such a disappointment to not have a good mix of this show. Why do they feel it's necessary to have the drums be the only instrument you can hear?? It's sounds like a garage band. Depending on the song, many of the other instruments are way down in the mix.

I don't know who mixed the 1981 release of Steamroller Blues and I can't recall who mixed American Trilogy on the Platinum set, but why couldn't they have used these mixes at least as a guideline. When the news came out that this show was FINALLY getting a remix after the Rick Rowe disaster, it was something to look forward to. What a wasted opportunity. You can't even go to the DVD to find a decent mix because Elvis' weak vocals are so out front, the mix sounds horrible. It's probably not realistic to think we'll ever have a good mix of this show... it's so disappointing to me as Aloha (the main show anyway) is one of my favorites.

They should leave the live performance mixes to Vic Anesini... if that guy ever leaves Sony, we're all doomed.

Sorry...rant over.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 am

I listened to the Main show today and was dissapointed in the mix, the band was really upfront but Elvis sounded in the background a little bit.

Thought the 1998 release sounded better and no, it does not mean poor performance by Elvis, it sounds like just bad mixing unless Elvis just stood with a towel over the mic which we know he didn't.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 am

What do you think a FTD-release of Aloha looks and sounds like?

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:28 pm

memphisound wrote:I listened to the Main show today and was dissapointed in the mix, the band was really upfront but Elvis sounded in the background a little bit.

It's the original mixing from 1973.

Winston wrote:What do you think a FTD-release of Aloha looks and sounds like?

smt196

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:16 am

Winston wrote:What do you think a FTD-release of Aloha looks and sounds like?

I'm sorry... I don't have that one... shopelvis.com must be out of stock... :smt017

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:31 am

elvis-fan wrote:I've been listening to the rehearsal show from the Legacy Edition the last few days. I can't believe how terrible this mix is... I don't understand why Sony uses engineers/producers who (I assume) aren't familiar with Elvis' music. Although it's far from Elvis' best performance, it's such a disappointment to not have a good mix of this show. Why do they feel it's necessary to have the drums be the only instrument you can hear?? It's sounds like a garage band. Depending on the song, many of the other instruments are way down in the mix.

I don't know who mixed the 1981 release of Steamroller Blues and I can't recall who mixed American Trilogy on the Platinum set, but why couldn't they have used these mixes at least as a guideline. When the news came out that this show was FINALLY getting a remix after the Rick Rowe disaster, it was something to look forward to. What a wasted opportunity. You can't even go to the DVD to find a decent mix because Elvis' weak vocals are so out front, the mix sounds horrible. It's probably not realistic to think we'll ever have a good mix of this show... it's so disappointing to me as Aloha (the main show anyway) is one of my favorites.

They should leave the live performance mixes to Vic Anesini... if that guy ever leaves Sony, we're all doomed.

Sorry...rant over.

While I don't agree with every aspect of what you wrote here, I enjoyed your outlook on this.

I'm actually going to listen to this with a different set of ears !

Thank You elvis-fan !!!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 am

Blue River wrote: ... smt196 ...

elvis-fan wrote: ... I don't have that one ... :smt017 ...

I mean, if FTD release Aloha some day.