Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha From Hawaii Legacy -- BUMMER!!!

Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm

:| i bought this double CD and for the alternate Aloha it certainly IS WELL WORTH IT¬! great new sounds! as for disc 1 well as everyone noticed a MAJOR dissapointment. :?

Tue May 07, 2013 11:38 pm

YDKM wrote:... as for disc 1 well as everyone noticed a MAJOR dissapointment. :?

If disc 1 sounds just like the original album, why should that be considered a major disappointment?

Wed May 08, 2013 12:15 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:
YDKM wrote:... as for disc 1 well as everyone noticed a MAJOR dissapointment. :?

If disc 1 sounds just like the original album, why should that be considered a major disappointment?

Exactly, to me it sounds as the original lp mix but the 2nd cd sound great, love it 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Wed May 08, 2013 12:39 am

I'm still not sure what everyone is expecting from this material. Perhaps people should be disappointed with Elvis, rather than all the producers and engineers that have attempted to present this material over the years. Ferrente had a chance to do a complete overhaul through a remix and remaster and the recordings still sounded like crap. One has to start pointing the finger at the artist when the end result is still a mundane, muddy sonic presentation. Once one removes the visuals from the equation, the listener is left with an average Elvis concert from 1973.

Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 am

midnightx wrote:I'm still not sure what everyone is expecting from this material. Perhaps people should be disappointed with Elvis, rather than all the producers and engineers that have attempted to present this material over the years. Ferrente had a chance to do a complete overhaul through a remix and remaster and the recordings still sounded like crap. One has to start pointing the finger at the artist when the end result is still a mundane, muddy sonic presentation. Once one removes the visuals from the equation, the listener is left with an average Elvis concert from 1973.

Could you point me to a post of yours that has something positive about Elvis? I grew tired of looking. Thanks! Oh ya. Another quick question....why are you here anyway?

Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am

YDKM wrote::| i bought this double CD and for the alternate Aloha it certainly IS WELL WORTH IT¬! great new sounds! as for disc 1 well as everyone noticed a MAJOR dissapointment. :?

Solution : Keep Disc 2, toss away Disc 1 and Replace it with the 25th Anniversary Disc. Problem Solved. :smt001

Wed May 08, 2013 2:42 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
YDKM wrote::| i bought this double CD and for the alternate Aloha it certainly IS WELL WORTH IT¬! great new sounds! as for disc 1 well as everyone noticed a MAJOR dissapointment. :?

Solution : Keep Disc 2, toss away Disc 1 and Replace it with the 25th Anniversary Disc. Problem Solved. :smt001

How is the problem solved? You are still left with a cow patty for disc one.

Wed May 08, 2013 5:13 am

I'm glad you bought it, YDKM! The Alternate is definitely an upgrade!

Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm

yes again listened to disc 2 last night. beautiful clear intruments heard and makes the performance even sound better than it is! 8)
read the booklet also and its certainly well written -even mentioning Elvis's drug taking and is frankly written.yes my complaint about disc 1 is because it has certainly NOT had the up-grade the 2nd disc has had! 8)

Wed May 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Bought the Legacy release for the new great rehearsal mix.
The main show, in original sound, sounds bad even for 1973 standards.

Wed May 08, 2013 3:40 pm

I bought the new Legacy "Aloha." I've never cared for the "alternate" Aloha concert and the new mix hasn't heightened my appreciation. Thank you, SONY for sticking with the "vintage" mix on the main show.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Thu May 09, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I still haven't bought this release.

Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 pm

I love disc2. For a rehearsal it is not bad. In fact......
And the remix done is a treat.

Thu May 09, 2013 12:23 am

epf wrote:I love disc2. For a rehearsal it is not bad. In fact......

It's not a rehearsal, it is a concert.
Rehearsals don't have an arena filled with fans.
It's an alternate show to broadcast just in case something went wrong during the planned show.

Thu May 09, 2013 4:18 am

ekenee wrote:

It's an alternate show to broadcast just in case something went wrong during the planned show.

The new mix actually makes it sound like a concert rather than the garage rehearsal sounding mix we previously had.

Thu May 09, 2013 4:54 am

He had good vocals in this show but no energy. And he was pretty lacsidasicle in the rehearsal show. He couldn't remember the words on Burning love and messed up on My Way and Steamroller Blues.. That was the concert that was going to go on if the scheduled show had problems. He was definitely different in 73. An satellite show should have been in 69- early 72.

Thu May 09, 2013 1:36 pm

GuitarKing wrote:He had good vocals in this show but no energy. And he was pretty lacsidasicle in the rehearsal show. He couldn't remember the words on Burning love and messed up on My Way and Steamroller Blues.. That was the concert that was going to go on if the scheduled show had problems. He was definitely different in 73. An satellite show should have been in 69- early 72.

So Elvis really did die in '73 ... (according to EPE)

Thu May 09, 2013 1:39 pm

ekenee wrote:

Get into semantics if you want too. Many artists have a try out concert before big and/or important questions. This time Elvis was no different.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Took me awhile to get it but finally I did from my wife for my birthday. Here's my thought's on the Aloha Legacy Edition. First of all I like the artwork and the booklet that came with it. Second I love hearing the Rehersal Show finally get remixed and now it sounds the way it should have from the very beginning! I don't see why some are complaining that it sounds wrong, to me it don't, at least its a hell of a lot better then the old Alternate Aloha cd and personally I like the sound of the Original Aloha album release as well. In my personal opinion they did a better job sound wise on the Aloha shows then they did with the MSG shows on Prince From Another Planet. Some may disagree with that but like I said that's just my opinion. The only complaint I have is that I think they should have released the Main Show complete as they did on the 1998 Aloha cd. But no big deal I have that as well. Happy with this release in every way.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 pm

How can people like the rehearsal show at all? Elvis sounds out of it on several songs , unprofessional and sloppy. I think its a lousy concert for a star of his magnitude. The only reason to hear the regular show is when you watch it. Just playing the CD induces sleep and is very dangerous while driving.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:17 pm

I rarely watch "Aloha." The spectacle gets in the way of my listening. I've never liked the rehearsal show. Still don't.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am

r&b wrote:How can people like the rehearsal show at all? Elvis sounds out of it on several songs , unprofessional and sloppy. I think its a lousy concert for a star of his magnitude. The only reason to hear the regular show is when you watch it. Just playing the CD induces sleep and is very dangerous while driving.

I like the rehearsal show. He made a couple of early mistakes, but after that he nailed every song fine.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:04 am

I like the energy of the rehearsal show, but Elvis's performance left something to be desired for me. Looked like he just rolled out of be, he was a bit unkempt, sloppy first few songs, etc.

Imagine if that performance was all they had to go with for the satellite broadcast.

Yowza.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:54 am

All I know is one of the greatest performers in the world, (Sammy Davis jr.) rated the Aloha an 11 out of 10. That's good enough for me and the fans and music lovers who made this the no. 1 album that it was and the phenomenal viewing audience it garnered. I'm tired of the Aloha getting ripped apart on this forum. I know there is obviously a bias when people even criticize his physical appearance for this show as well, given he looked phenomenal. This is why I don't post as often as I used to, for this very reason. It gets monotonous!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:01 am

Joe Car wrote:All I know is one of the greatest performers in the world, (Sammy Davis jr.) rated the Aloha an 11 out of 10. That's good enough for me and the fans and music lovers who made this the no. 1 album that it was and the phenomenal viewing audience it garnered. I'm tired of the Aloha getting ripped apart on this forum. I know there is obviously a bias when people even criticize his physical appearance for this show as well, given he looked phenomenal. This is why I don't post as often as I used to, for this very reason. It gets monotonous!

It's expected here Joe... everyone has an opinion... fortunately that's all it is. Aloha was a great show and Elvis looked phenomenal... it had it's shortcomings but overall it was a standout among his live performances. Just keep on rockin' Joe!!