Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS ALOHA via SATELLITE” BOOK INFO & TRAILER

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:42 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
Francesc wrote:What "bothers" me, is on the JAT ads, how he pretty much calls people no fans because we dont praise love to Toonces.

I love Toonces. That episode where he drives off a cliff - classic.

Dont change my text :)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Francesc wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
Francesc wrote:What "bothers" me, is on the JAT ads, how he pretty much calls people no fans because we dont praise love to Toonces.

I love Toonces. That episode where he drives off a cliff - classic.

Dont change my text :)

No way I'd do something like that.
But you got to admit, everyone loves
Toonces.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:20 am

iplayastrat wrote:
Toonces.

Not as much as "Tardar Sauce" (aka "Grumpy Cat")........="-"=

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:36 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
Toonces.

That cat's expression looked like me when I opened my A Boy From Tupelo set
to find "glue residue" on all the CD's.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:33 am

Pep wrote
The run on this book is low. Thus the reason
For cost. Which by the way isn't much anyway.
An I doubt for most it would break the bank.
If it does, time to stop collecting and think more
About getting a better job or taking care of yourself
And family if you have one.

I was with you till then.It is a lot of cash for a book.We have the Elvis Files,the Ftd books,Boxcar books etc,all pretty expensive.Not to mention all the FTD, Sony and import Cd's.If you can afford to buy them all then fair play and I do collect the FTD books and the Elvis files and selected others as well as all the FTD Cd's and selected others.As a single purchase it might not "break the bank" but add it to the others it adds up to a hefty sum.Then you makes your choice.No need to get another job or stop collecting just realise you can't buy everything with Elvis' name on it and get what you can afford.

norrie

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 am

And the price of the book is, PEP (yet again) ?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 am

PEP wrote:Ok, I'll make it as clear as I can.
No arrangements have been made for me to get a Free book.
Never asked for One and was Not Offered One.
I plan to BUY the book when available .
I Have NOT been paid in anyway from Boxcar or
anyone else and there is No plan for me to get any
money out of this at all.

Thanks, better late than never I guess. It is helpful to know this.

"Anyway, this looks' like another WINNER from Boxcar!

This is going to be another Quality book which should
be a must for most Elvis Fans' !

Totaly "ESSENTIAL" ! (In my opinion.)

The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !"

Have you seen the book PEP?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 am

Robt wrote:And the price of the book is, PEP (yet again) ?

Not much but get another job or stop collecting.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:30 am

iplayastrat wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
Toonces.

That cat's expression looked like me when I opened my A Boy From Tupelo set
to find "glue residue" on all the CD's.

The glue is put there on purpose to intoxicate the fan prior to listening. It's all about mind control.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:31 am

I posted something here yesterday to draw attention to a negative comment posted on YouTube about the promo trailer and book, but it's been removed. Strange. A friend of a friend tells me that JAT is also very touchy about anyone posting anything on his Wikipedia page so don't any of you dare do that.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

Robt, you must have missed my post on the price: It's $175.00 if ordered directly from Tunzi (but he's not taking anymore orders). if you order overseas, say, from the ElvisCorner shop, it's a little over $100.00 (I know I'm speaking in terms of U.S. dollars but I've forgotten what the rates are overseas - I'm sorry. :( )

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:42 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: $ 175.. **** Pirazda i simply refuse to pay THAT MUCH money~! what a rip off price! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:51 pm

YDKM wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: $ 175.. **** Pirazda i simply refuse to pay THAT MUCH money~! what a rip off price! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

The $175 is not Pirzada's price. It's Tunzi's.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:11 pm

hm80ep wrote:
YDKM wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: $ 175.. **** Pirazda i simply refuse to pay THAT MUCH money~! what a rip off price! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Did they not collaborate on this project?

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS – ALOHA via SATELLITE” TRAILER

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Alexander wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:Be interested to know the price...

I've been offered the book for €96 (incl. shipping). Had to decline though as it's out of my budget. Anyway, in my case that's still €19 less than the latest volume in the "Elvis Files" series (which would cost me €115). Wish I had money to buy one, being able to buy both of them would be a (little) dream come true... Why are these books so expensive?

Small market so very limited print run, high production costs and expensive shipment. I have been through collecting books almost a decade ago. For the price of a book nowadays one can buy 4 FTDs or up to several stonemint copies of first pressings of Elvis' lifetime vinyl albums. Saving on buying 4 or 5 books will you provide with enough budget to buy a nice copy of a Sun single. So my priorities are not with expensive books!

Finally someone gets it! Go for the SUN my friend. The book will only decrease in value.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:49 pm

This is Boxcar production Tunzi contributed with the photos, as for the price it will be between 70-80 Euros

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:20 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
hm80ep wrote:

Did they not collaborate on this project?

robbie wrote:This is Boxcar production Tunzi contributed with the photos, as for the price it will be between 70-80 Euros

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Pass...too expensive for me... :cry:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:04 pm

robbie wrote:This is Boxcar production Tunzi contributed with the photos, as for the price it will be between 70-80 Euros

So they did collaborate, thank you. So if Tunzi is charging $175 a copy, that is as a representative of the project.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:03 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Whether or not anyone likes this new release, everyone should support Boxcar and buy this book package, regardless. Boxcar should get the same amount of support as FTD or Venus. Down the road , Boxcar might treat us with a DVD deluxe package of "ON TOUR" with excellent quality & unreleased footage. You just never know.

But you will only support it if there are pictures of Abba inside, surely??!!!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Let me put it another way. You read a review of a film on imdb. Then you find out the review comes from the director of the film. Do you believe it?

Very poor analogy, unless PEP was involved in the editing, layout, images and promotion of this release. Which I doubt.

Here's a slightly better one, although it does not favor your lament.

You're a film aficionado. Guess what percentage of film critics pay admission to the films they review? Likely almost none. But most love film and have a deep knowledge of the art. Since their reviews are "paid for," do we dismiss them?

Food for thought. ;-)

An even worse analogy. Film critics critique a film. There is no critiquing in PEP's posts about these products. Not one negative thing is said about them. In fact it's a bit like reading your comments on A Boy From Tupelo - but you wouldn't have been involved in that product, of course...

:lol:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:12 am

This has already been discussed or you could check with your regular Elvis dealer or other well known websites.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

So they did collaborate, thank you. So if Tunzi is charging $175 a copy, that is as a representative of the project.

Doc, you are committing an association fallacy, which is for one illogical, two immoral and consequently even illegal!!!
The fact that Party A (J. Pirzada) gives LIMITED production credits (watch how the boxcar swallows the JAT logo in the trailer) to Party B (J. Tunzi) does NOT make Party A responsible, or even guilty for the selling practice of Party B.
This is a typical red herring fallacy you are committing.

Having said this, let me now show to the entire world how illogical your points concerning this particular issue are.
Steve Barile wrote the Text for the Aloha book, so he collaborated with Tunzi and Pirzada, NOW according to your logic, it is also Steve Barile's fault/responsibility that Tunzi rips off Elvis fans by selling a 90-100 USD book (70-80 Euro) for 175 USD, correct?

Now if you want to insist that is the case, than Steve Barile is responsible for the lay out, the packaging and the audio mix of any FTD release in which he participated by contributing photos i.e. collaborated!

Now, you see Doc, you are wrong and once again you got caught being wrong!

For those who don’t know the term “Association Fallacy”, “Guilt by Association” and “Red Herring”, here are the Wikipedia definition:

„An association fallacy is an inductive informal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association. The two types are sometimes referred to as guilt by association and honor by association. Association fallacies are a special case of red herring, and can be based on an appeal to emotion.“ (Source: wikipedia.com)

... everyone feel free to to refute me, but it wont work!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 am

Tony Trout wrote:

Robt, you must have missed my post on the price: It's $175.00 if ordered directly from Tunzi (but he's not taking anymore orders). if you order overseas, say, from the ElvisCorner shop, it's a little over $100.00 (I know I'm speaking in terms of U.S. dollars but I've forgotten what the rates are overseas - I'm sorry. :( )

Why on earth would anyone pay $175 for this when it's available elsewhere much cheaper??!! :?

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS – ALOHA via SATELLITE” TRAILER

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 am

r&b wrote:
Alexander wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:Be interested to know the price...

I've been offered the book for €96 (incl. shipping). Had to decline though as it's out of my budget. Anyway, in my case that's still €19 less than the latest volume in the "Elvis Files" series (which would cost me €115). Wish I had money to buy one, being able to buy both of them would be a (little) dream come true... Why are these books so expensive?

Small market so very limited print run, high production costs and expensive shipment. I have been through collecting books almost a decade ago. For the price of a book nowadays one can buy 4 FTDs or up to several stonemint copies of first pressings of Elvis' lifetime vinyl albums. Saving on buying 4 or 5 books will you provide with enough budget to buy a nice copy of a Sun single. So my priorities are not with expensive books!

Finally someone gets it! Go for the SUN my friend. The book will only decrease in value.

That certainly is not the case with "The final Curtain" or the first volume of his Sun book.