Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS ALOHA via SATELLITE” BOOK INFO & TRAILER

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:01 am

Francesc wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:For what it's worth, my two cents:

- Price is a bit much for me, especially not knowing the all the details
- PEP is a super-fan and huge collector of Elvis-related items -- if he is getting a promo copy, it is almost superfluous, as I'm sure he would buy it in any case

That's not the point - the point is whether he is getting the free copy as payment for the big advert on FECC

How about if he does? As long as the owners of the forum don't have any problems with it. I don't like the Tunzi ads but I know what they are and I don't buy them.

of course it matters. PEP said the following:

"Anyway, this looks' like another WINNER from Boxcar!

This is going to be another Quality book which should
be a must for most Elvis Fans' !

Totaly "ESSENTIAL" ! (In my opinion.)

The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !

"Boxcar did a Awesome job on the video too !

If there was an Award that could be handed
out for bringing back excitement to the Elvis World
or for Best Elvis Trailor
"Boxcar" would be One of the Top Nominees
if not THE Winner hands' down!

Great stuff !

Now he is giving his opinion of the book, giving it a huge endorsement. But how do we know if he means it if he is essentially getting paid for that endorsement?

Blimey, this really isn't rocket science, folks!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am

PMP, I think the question has been answered with silence, and the answer is obvious.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:16 am

Whether or not anyone likes this new release, everyone should support Boxcar and buy this book package, regardless. Boxcar should get the same amount of support as FTD or Venus. Down the road , Boxcar might treat us with a DVD deluxe package of "ON TOUR" with excellent quality & unreleased footage. You just never know.

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS – ALOHA via SATELLITE” TRAILER

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:32 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:The moon landing was a milestone groundbreaking achievement by all mankind. While the Aloha concert was a groundbreaking event by one individual that made way for international television programming today. It's quite possible that without that historical milestone in 1973 that we would not have live television being seen simultaneously worldwide today. Since Aloha aired, the Super Bowl, Presidential debates, funerals, the Olympics among other world events have been broadcasted live and not videotaped. Give Elvis his rightful dues.

Hey, you wanted an example of you over-inflating facts? There's one right there.

"Aloha From Hawaii" was not the first program transmitted live on television via satellite. It's even properly stated on its page on Wikipedia.

"Aloha from Hawaii Via Satellite"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_from ... _Satellite

(This was not a true statement for the Our World broadcast was the first live, international, satellite television production, which was broadcast worldwide on June 25, 1967 which included entertainment artists such as Maria Callas and headlined by The Beatles).

Here, take a look:

Our World (TV special)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_World_(TV_special)

Our World was the first live, international, satellite television production, which was broadcast on 25 June 1967.

See? You learn something everyday.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:47 am

Justin wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:The moon landing was a milestone groundbreaking achievement by all mankind. While the Aloha concert was a groundbreaking event by one individual that made way for international television programming today. It's quite possible that without that historical milestone in 1973 that we would not have live television being seen simultaneously worldwide today. Since Aloha aired, the Super Bowl, Presidential debates, funerals, the Olympics among other world events have been broadcasted live and not videotaped. Give Elvis his rightful dues.

Hey, you wanted an example of you over-inflating facts? There's one right there.

"Aloha From Hawaii" was not the first program transmitted live on television via satellite. It's even properly stated on its page on Wikipedia.

(This was not a true statement for the Our World broadcast was the first live, international, satellite television production, which was broadcast worldwide on June 25, 1967 which included entertainment artists such as Maria Callas and headlined by The Beatles).

Here, take a look:

Our World (TV special)

Our World was the first live, international, satellite television production, which was broadcast on 25 June 1967.

Plus, of course, even that weren't the case, no Aloha would mean another show around the same time would have done it instead. I don't think we would be without such broadcasts today if weren't for Aloha!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 am

Justin wrote:

Here, take a look:

Our World (TV special)

Although not accurate, that particular event was NOT broadcasted simultaneously around the globe. Only parts received a delayed feed. Also, it was a variety event. Aloha was a single entertainer who was the focus. But like I said in the other thread, send that info to all the news media outlets who say otherwise. Aloha made history.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 am

Could you define for us what exactly "Aloha From Hawaii" made possible that "One World" did not accomplish for us to enjoy programs being presented live on TV today?

You claimed that we are able to enjoy broadcasts such as the SuperBowl and the Olympics today thanks in great part by the technology that was used on "Aloha From Hawaii." But the exact same technology was used 6 years earlier. The fact that "Our World" was a variety show is absolutely irrelevant.

So you're saying we are able to enjoy the Presidential debates live on TV today thanks to Elvis' "Aloha From Hawaii" because it was a single entertainer as a focus and NOT the "Our World" program because that was a variety show?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 am

poormadpeter wrote:

- PEP is a super-fan and huge collector of Elvis-related items -- if he is getting a promo copy, it is almost superfluous, as I'm sure he would buy it in any case

That's not the point - the point is whether he is getting the free copy as payment for the big advert on FECC

I fully understand what is being lamented, my purpose is to add some greys to the blacks and whites.

I suppose, for you, I failed. Bummer.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

I fully understand what is being lamented, my purpose is to add some greys to the blacks and whites.

I suppose, for you, I failed. Bummer.

Let me put it another way. You read a review of a film on imdb. Then you find out the review comes from the director of the film. Do you believe it?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:57 am

poormadpeter wrote:Let me put it another way. You read a review of a film on imdb. Then you find out the review comes from the director of the film. Do you believe it?

Very poor analogy, unless PEP was involved in the editing, layout, images and promotion of this release. Which I doubt.

Here's a slightly better one, although it does not favor your lament.

You're a film aficionado. Guess what percentage of film critics pay admission to the films they review? Likely almost none. But most love film and have a deep knowledge of the art. Since their reviews are "paid for," do we dismiss them?

Food for thought. ;-)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:06 am

I have no idea what this $175 price lark is about. That's probably Tunzi prices which means you are getting ripped off and you can probably get it for around 100% less.
I just ordered mine for UK 65 pounds from CG :smt002 . Now that's not $175. :facep:

Other dealers in Europe appear to be around the same at around the 70 euro mark.

Just because 1 person sells it for $175 does not mean everyone else will. :roll:
::rocks

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:16 am

memphisking wrote:Just because 1 person sells it for $175 does not mean everyone else will.

Definitely wouldn't be paying that kind of money for it...

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Let me put it another way. You read a review of a film on imdb. Then you find out the review comes from the director of the film. Do you believe it?

Very poor analogy, unless PEP was involved in the editing, layout, images and promotion of this release. Which I doubt.

You're a film aficionado. Guess what percentage of film critics pay admission to the films they review? Likely almost none. But most love film and have a deep knowledge of the art. Since their reviews are "paid for," do we dismiss them?

Food for thought. ;-)

An even worse analogy. Film critics critique a film. There is no critiquing in PEP's posts about these products. Not one negative thing is said about them. In fact it's a bit like reading your comments on A Boy From Tupelo - but you wouldn't have been involved in that product, of course...

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:19 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Justin wrote:

Here, take a look:

Our World (TV special)

Although not accurate, that particular event was NOT broadcasted simultaneously around the globe. Only parts received a delayed feed. Also, it was a variety event. Aloha was a single entertainer who was the focus. But like I said in the other thread, send that info to all the news media outlets who say otherwise. Aloha made history.

There was also delay in some of the countries and in some took months like in the US or years like in UK.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:01 am

Re. PEP -

GET AWAY FROM HIM!!! LEAVE HIM ALOOOOONE !!!!

If he got his copy for nothing then so what ?! Good luck to him I say.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:13 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Francesc wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

How about if he does? As long as the owners of the forum don't have any problems with it. I don't like the Tunzi ads but I know what they are and I don't buy them.

of course it matters. PEP said the following:

"Anyway, this looks' like another WINNER from Boxcar!

This is going to be another Quality book which should
be a must for most Elvis Fans' !

Totaly "ESSENTIAL" ! (In my opinion.)

The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !

"Boxcar did a Awesome job on the video too !

If there was an Award that could be handed
out for bringing back excitement to the Elvis World
or for Best Elvis Trailor
"Boxcar" would be One of the Top Nominees
if not THE Winner hands' down!

Great stuff !

Now he is giving his opinion of the book, giving it a huge endorsement. But how do we know if he means it if he is essentially getting paid for that endorsement?

Blimey, this really isn't rocket science, folks!

WEll I'm sorry i should have said, it doesnt matter to me since I know he is advertising. What "bothers" me, is on the JAT ads, how he pretty much calls people no fans because we dont praise love to Tunzi.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 am

Francesc wrote:What "bothers" me, is on the JAT ads, how he pretty much calls people no fans because we dont praise love to Toonces.

I love Toonces. That episode where he drives off a cliff - classic.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 am

iplayastrat wrote:
Francesc wrote:What "bothers" me, is on the JAT ads, how he pretty much calls people no fans because we dont praise love to Toonces.

I love Toonces. That episode where he drives off a cliff - classic.

Toonces drives off a cliff in every episode. :smt003 :smt003

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Ok, I'll make it as clear as I can.
No arrangements have been made for me to get a Free book.
Never asked for One and was Not Offered One.
I plan to BUY the book when available .
I Have NOT been paid in anyway from Boxcar or
anyone else and there is No plan for me to get any
money out of this at all.

This Elvis Book project will stand on its own.
I'm confident this is Essential.

I passed on information, nothing more.

Buy It or Don't . It will be your loss.

The run on this book is low. Thus the reason
For cost. Which by the way isn't much anyway.
An I doubt for most it would break the bank.
If it does, time to stop collecting and think more
About getting a better job or taking care of yourself
And family if you have one.

Move on people....

PEP 8)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 pm

No book is 'essential'. Just the music.

( Especially an overpriced book on one specific topic only.)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Food for thought. ;-)

To take it a step further, film reviewers receive screener copies in advance. So do book reviewers. That's The Way It Is.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:47 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Be interested to know the price...

If you get it from Tunzi, which I did, it's $175.00 & free S&H. The ElvisCorner site is selling it for a little over $100.00.

I would have gone with them but I can't get any kind of responses from them on ANYTHING so...I decided to go with Tunzi even if it was higher-priced.

Unfortunately, Tunzi no longer was taking orders after April 1, 2013 so I got my order in just in time.

londonflash wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:I'm buying 2 copies. Sign me up ! ::rocks

Tony Trout will be extremely grateful to you.

Just STOP it....NOW! I've been trying my damndest to be good around here and you just have to go and make a remark like that. I've ALREADY ORDERED my OWN copy.
Last edited by Tony Trout on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:31 pm

elvisjock wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Food for thought. ;-)

To take it a step further, film reviewers receive screener copies in advance. So do book reviewers. That's The Way It Is.

Yes, but you do know whether you are reading a review or an advert.

Quite why PEP couldn't answer the question in the first place and solve the debate, I have no idea.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 pm

elvisjock wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Food for thought. ;-)

Exactly. And if a said review gushes over a film, one imagines some here would say it was because he or she was "paid."

That's why my analogy is far superior, although it does not support the now-moot lament of some here.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:02 pm

I have bought all the Tunzi books in the past , now we get them all AGAIN plus a few known Bonja shots combined..... in a heavy book with slipcase. The trailer looks great until they show the pages, haven't seen any unknown one.....