Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS ALOHA via SATELLITE” BOOK INFO & TRAILER

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 pm

keninlincs wrote:Looks good but its a bit pricey

yes but it will look stunning just sitting next to the Graceland book, but I am sure if people shop around you'll pick it up for £60.00 or so, Amazon are renowned for dropping the price too.

contents of the book we'll just have to wait until a copy arrives in someone’s hands?

Just need FTD now to release the two shows without edits/fade outs and a DVD of the full November Press Conference in Hawaii.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:46 pm

E-1 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Looks good but its a bit pricey

yes but it will look stunning just sitting next to the Graceland book, but I am sure if people shop around you'll pick it up for £60.00 or so, Amazon are renowned for dropping the price too.

contents of the book we'll just have to wait until a copy arrives in someone’s hands?
true

Just need FTD now to release the two shows without edits/fade outs and a DVD of the full November Press Conference in Hawaii.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:26 pm

I'd rather have a good Blu-ray version of the show. When I want to see Aloha (which isn't very often) Id rather watch the actual show than leaf through a very overpriced JAT book which always somehow leaves me feeling I spent too much for what I received.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

E-1 wrote:Looks like you’re grovelling for one now though :wink:

"The Comprehension is weak with this one."

If I want one, I'll buy one - the only road to impartial critique, promotion, or warning.

:smt006

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

r&b wrote:I'd rather have a good Blu-ray version of the show. When I want to see Aloha (which isn't very often) Id rather watch the actual show than leaf through a very overpriced JAT book which always somehow leaves me feeling I spent too much for what I received.

Thankfully JAT’s only contribution to this project is him supplying some picture, it ends there, otherwise I would be with you 100%
JAT has ruined his reputation over the past few years and especially his last few releases if you can call them that I’d call them more rip-offs. :oops:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Matthew wrote:
E-1 wrote:Looks like you’re grovelling for one now though :wink:

"The Comprehension is weak with this one."

If I want one, I'll buy one - the only road to impartial critique, promotion, or warning.

:smt006

Get out of bed the wrong side again Matthew. :oops:
I am sure you’re more than aware you buying or not buying a copy are not going to bother them one bit, but I am sure they get a kick out of your predictable posts on the products.
:wink:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 pm

PEP wrote:BOXCAR ENTERPRISES-
“ELVIS – ALOHA via SATELLITE”
“Elvis – Aloha via Satellite”
on June 3rd 2013 as part of a
40th Year Anniversary
Special Celebration.

This massive, most comprehensive
450 page Hardback
volume is packaged with hundreds
of photographs
many of which have never
before been seen.

Also collected here exclusively,
are scores of historical memorabilia as
well as the Colonels original
internal documents and
scripts that explores the
making of this historical
event from the early plans
all the way to
the many RCA releases that
followed from around the world.
This, with the informative text
included in this release is
intended to create a
time-travel experience
of sorts documenting the
most groundbreaking
event in the annals of
television history.
Boxcar Enterprises
will finally release its long
anticipated title
RELEASED June 3rd 2013

Click here for a 2 minute YouTube preview trailer

phpBB [video]

Could PEP possibly be reminded that most people on here and adults and, as far as I know, do not have problem with eyesight - and therefore not in need of inch high lettering to understand what we are reading. This isn't a book written for five year olds in order to help them learn to read.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Don't pick on PEP that’s Matthews’s job today. :wink:
Maybe it’s his eyes that are failing, or maybe he just likes being big and bold.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:57 pm

E-1 wrote:I am sure you’re more than aware you buying or not buying a copy are not going to bother them one bit, but I am sure they get a kick out of your predictable posts on the products.

"The Comprehension IS weak with this one."

Perhaps I should have said the product looks like a piece of trash, then maybe you might have something valid to contribute. But wait, I said it looks pretty good. Poor you. The sense of getting things wrong so often most be disorientating. Work on that.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:00 pm

poormadpeter wrote: Could PEP possibly be reminded that most people on here and adults and, as far as I know, do not have problem with eyesight - and therefore not in need of inch high lettering to understand what we are reading. This isn't a book written for five year olds in order to help them learn to read.

He just does not want you to miss the books he is advertising so passionately, poormadpeter!

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:11 pm

It's amazing all this malarky over a straightforward question "Are they sending you one?" A simply yes or no would have avoided much of this nonsense.

Yes = we can take this advert at face value that it is nothing more than an advert, bought and paid for by the publisher. Fair enough, happens everywhere.
No = we can take this news as one fan using his powers to inform many other fans of something he's interested in.

The strange thing is we have a long-time trusted forum member about to publish a book and that is not stickied. Surely Mike's accomplishment is to be celebrated here?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Matthew wrote:
E-1 wrote:I am sure you’re more than aware you buying or not buying a copy are not going to bother them one bit, but I am sure they get a kick out of your predictable posts on the products.

Perhaps I should have said the product looks like a piece of trash, then maybe you might have something valid to contribute. But wait, I said it looks pretty good. Poor you. The sense of getting things wrong so often most be disorientating. Work on that.

sorry Matthew your on your own now, but keep going. :wink:

But on the subject of is PEP getting a FREE copy or is he not? Why are you so concerned if he is or if he's not?
Are you Jealous of PEP in the thought that he may get a FREE copy and if you want one you’re going to have to pay? :cry:
As no one else here seems to care one way or another, but it’s more a case of you sticking your nose into something that really has nothing to do with you. :oops:
But it’s all explained easily, in your head if someone posts anything here advertising a new release it means they will be given a FREE copy. :facep: :smt001
Damn that PEP he beat me to it, that means I’ll have to buy a copy if I want one!! :cry: :smt005

Your logic shines through. :facep: :D :oops:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 pm

E-1 wrote:But on the subject of is PEP getting a FREE copy or is he not? Why are you so concerned if he is or if he's not?

Why are you so concerned about my interest in this novel piece of information? Don't worry, the question's rhetorical. :smt023

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:05 pm

E-1 wrote:
Matthew wrote:

sorry Matthew your on your own now, but keep going. :wink:

But on the subject of is PEP getting a FREE copy or is he not? Why are you so concerned if he is or if he's not?
Are you Jealous of PEP in the thought that he may get a FREE copy and if you want one you’re going to have to pay? :cry:
As no one else here seems to care one way or another, but it’s more a case of you sticking your nose into something that really has nothing to do with you. :oops:
But it’s all explained easily, in your head if someone posts anything here advertising a new release it means they will be given a FREE copy. :facep: :smt001
Damn that PEP he beat me to it, that means I’ll have to buy a copy if I want one!! :cry: :smt005

Your logic shines through. :facep: :D :oops:

The question here is one that is important and recurs a great deal on this board. PEP is advertising a book and it gets stickied. The question here is whether has a vested interest in the book? Is he being paid in some way (with a free book in this case) for the advertising, or is his excitement simply a fan getting excited over a new project. One view is likely to biased, and the other not.

The same issue occurs here when a member of the forum has an input into a project and then defends it to the hilt. Their comments are not giving a balanced view on the CD/Book or whatever because they helped to produce it or had input into it (this argument raged with regards to Boy From Tupelo when people raised things they thought could have been improved).

I've got two books available on Kindle - but if I came here on said they were really great and everyone ought to read them without disclosing I was the author, would that be fair to the people reading my post or unfair because my review was always going to be biased?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:41 pm

you just gotta love those superman credit titles lol

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:I'm buying 2 copies. Sign me up ! ::rocks

Tony Trout will be extremely grateful to you.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Tony has been behaving himself lately.

Please do not make him fall off of the wagon.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm a little devil.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Looks like a beautifully packaged product... just wish I could afford all these great books and CD's that keep coming out...

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Looks like a beautifully packaged product... just wish I could afford all these great books and CD's that keep coming out...

i agree, A Boxcar production a JAT price!

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:27 pm

For what it's worth, my two cents:

- Price is a bit much for me, especially not knowing the all the details
- PEP is a super-fan and huge collector of Elvis-related items -- if he is getting a promo copy, it is almost superfluous, as I'm sure he would buy it in any case

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:For what it's worth, my two cents:

- PEP is a super-fan and huge collector of Elvis-related items -- if he is getting a promo copy, it is almost superfluous, as I'm sure he would buy it in any case

That's not the point - the point is whether he is getting the free copy as payment for the big advert on FECC

Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:08 am

poormadpeter wrote:

That's not the point - the point is whether he is getting the free copy as payment for the big advert on FECC

Why, are you a communist?

And thank you PEP, I was gonna buy it anyway but thanks for all the info.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:14 am

poormadpeter wrote:

How about if he does? As long as the owners of the forum don't have any problems with it. I don't like the Tunzi ads but I know what they are and I don't buy them.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:29 am

trouble_jw wrote:I want it! Looks great!

I take it this is it on Amazon? £80.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Satellite ... +SATELLITE

:smt005 Typical in the Elvis literature world. PEP in future, find out what the actual prices are and tell us before you build up products.