Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:56 pm

I bought "Recorded live on stage in Memphis" when it came out in 1974. After 39 years, I STILL do not know what Elvis is saying to someone at around the 33 second mark (on the FTD version) during "Love me". It sounds like he is saying something to 'Joe' (Esposito), 'don't cover your eyes up Joe, you and Pat, you know, just stay there' perhaps???? Anyone got any idea?
:?:

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:00 pm

That's pretty much what he says.

And then he asks, "Is there any way for him to get up here?"

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:07 pm

But it don't make sense!

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:08 pm

To Joe and Pat it probably did.

You more than likely would have had to see what was going on instead of just listening to it.

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:15 pm

What a bounder our Elvis was!! No post concert vocal repairs for that lad!!

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 am

Tony.. wrote:What a bounder our Elvis was!! No post concert vocal repairs for that lad!!


He did them in 1969.

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 am

Tony.. wrote:I bought "Recorded live on stage in Memphis" when it came out in 1974. After 39 years, I STILL do not know what Elvis is saying to someone at around the 33 second mark (on the FTD version) during "Love me". It sounds like he is saying something to 'Joe' (Esposito), 'don't cover your eyes up Joe, you and Pat, you know, just stay there' perhaps???? Anyone got any idea?
:?:



I think you got it right. Joe Esposito.

Since the show was in Memphis he might be referring to his cousin Patsy.

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:31 am

Could also be referring to Jo Smith and Pat West.

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 am

Rob wrote:That's pretty much what he says.

And then he asks, "Is there any way for him to get up here?"

Just stop it...

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 am

Then, when the girl asks him to turn around, he says "honey, give me a cinccinattti. That's cin, er, chin, er, aw, to heck with ya. You gotta have the belt in the right place..."!

I think you have nailed what he says, and as others said, just one of those "you had to be there" moments to see what was going on!

Re: What's Elvis saying during "Love me" in Memphis??

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 am

Rob wrote:That's pretty much what he says.

And then he asks, "Is there any way for him to get up here?"


Right after he says "pull the cord fool!"