Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Super rare USA LPC 123 for sale!.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Paul Dowling (Worldwide Elvis) is selling another super rare EP, this time it is: LPC-123 8). There is original RCA paperwork around the net showing that this EP was ultimately cancelled. It looks like this cover survived but no record excist. What do you know about this release?.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271184222366?ss ... 1436.l2648

Recently a bootleg EP was released in Europe with the same code in a very limited edition. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-B ... 2a2b85b740
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Super rare USA LPC 123 for sale!.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Just reading the liner notes and I must confess I don't believe it's a real planned 1959-60 release.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm

frus75 wrote:Just reading the liner notes and I must confess I don't believe it's a real planned 1959-60 release.

Dice 1961 atrás :)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

It wasn't planned in 1959-1960. 1961 was the year.

As I mention in my listing, when I first saw this I was skeptical because it's so clean (well, there are flaws but they can't be seen in the scans that well!). Anyway, the guy who owns this and LOADS of other really rare unheard of things, has no connection with the world we live in and is a retired former RCA / BMG guy who hoarded all kinds of things but not just on Elvis. This was a goldmine of rarities that RCA never issued but planned to. Some even have copies of the label designs as well. After this auction is over I'm going to list other things that no one's ever heard of. As most collectors who are reading this I only deal in ORIGINAL items and not fakes or anything like that and, as I say in the ad, if the buyer doesn't like it for any reason, I will refund his money 100%.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, it doesn't matter if it says 1961, or maybe is more dubious then, as I can't see RCA using 1959-58 pictures on a 1961 release....

But my point is that there is something on the liner notes that I don't know why, but they don't seem from 1961, they sound like when they fake a period release, like for the asking ....

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Very nice and RARE item. :smt023
Never saw this one.
Also very nice cover!! 8)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Waiting to see the rest of the rare items, they could be very interesting!!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 am

Trust me there are some weird ones that they planned but never came out. Hang in there as I plan to put more oddities up soon! Some I may save for a book but who knows!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:23 am

Oddity it is. I'm not convinced yet that it is real - maybe it is but I wouldn't bet my Elvis collection on it.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:41 am

Just curious - what is YOUR reason for being unconvinced? As mentioned in the listing, when I first saw it I was skeptical mainly because it was in the condition it's in but he kept some things like this is a safety deposit box. The listing notices he didn't and therefore appear more aged. Some of the other things he has are also in almost perfect condition. I have totally MINT copies of singles, EP's, and LP's from the 50's and 60's in my own collection so finding an EP cover like this in this condition in my opinion is really not that unusual!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:56 am

I think Paul is just having some fun with us here guys .......

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:14 am

I like the bootleg cover better.

"Love me" however was not a single, but part of an EP which shot to the top of the charts.

So, they were planning yet another EP for this song? Strange. Probably better they didnt issue it.

They instead issued many of Elvis' singles as Gold standard, which was the more logical choice.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 am

First, no I'm not having fun at all. I'm being serious! Get ready for some things you've never heard of!

Second, some idiot at RCA initially thought LOVE ME and the other three 50's songs should be released in 1961 but obviously clearer heads prevailed!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:46 am

wwelvis wrote:First, no I'm not having fun at all. I'm being serious! Get ready for some things you've never heard of!

Second, some idiot at RCA initially thought LOVE ME and the other three 50's songs should be released in 1961 but obviously clearer heads prevailed!

But they did a little later as I pointed out. Gold standard singles.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 am

Looking closely at the borders around the image of Elvis it looks like a Photoshop job. Also the image of Elvis appears too washed out for an official RCA product. Or maybe it's just a poor scan?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:39 pm

wwelvis wrote:Just curious - what is YOUR reason for being unconvinced? As mentioned in the listing, when I first saw it I was skeptical mainly because it was in the condition it's in but he kept some things like this is a safety deposit box. The listing notices he didn't and therefore appear more aged. Some of the other things he has are also in almost perfect condition. I have totally MINT copies of singles, EP's, and LP's from the 50's and 60's in my own collection so finding an EP cover like this in this condition in my opinion is really not that unusual!

A fair question. My intention is not to offend you or your honesty in anyway, but there is something in the colors and in the layout of the cover that just don't look authentic or old enough. The contrast between orange and blue looks like the cover was pulled straight from the printer. As you well understand, I haven't seen the real deal (only your scan of the cover), but still the colors are confusing. In addition, as already pointed out, these particular pictures in the cover seem odd choices.

I don't think that mint condition is really that unusual thing - especially if the cover was never used anywhere - but the colors, the fonts and the pictures do not convince me 100% yet. I sincerely hope that you have the real thing!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 am

I see this up to 317.00 now & not met reserve .I am amazed that Fans could think this is real .
The RCA Victor logo has the modern day look on it exactly the same as the recent issues served up to us lately .
I am really surprised at this to be honest !!!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:40 am

http://www.elvisrecords.us/rca-compact-33-double-record-guide/

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:47 am

frus75 wrote:Well, it doesn't matter if it says 1961, or maybe is more dubious then, as I can't see RCA using 1959-58 pictures on a 1961 release....

The picture is from 1960...

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 am

Attention Shawn and others!! I appreciate the publicity for this cover but....

I think you guys have misunderstood this cover and are trying to compare it to the normal RCA EP covers of that era! What you're obviously not getting is that this was not and was never intended to be the final cover at all. It was ONLY a prototype which means it was simply a quick sample produced by the RCA art department at that time (of which by the way the guy who owns it was the director so that's how come he has it plus thousands of other Elvis and non Elvis mockup covers that obviously never were approved!). You're trying to make more out of it than you should. Not sure I can give examples but think the EPA 747 temp sleeve. Not exactly your normal RCA paper stock. Also, think PERFECT FOR PARTIES EP cover. Not exactly the typical RCA EP cover for that time period. Do not try and compare it with the regular covers especially the final LPC 128 one.

You're trying to read a lot more into this than you should. The paper is different than the normal EP of the era as it was not the regular cardboard stuck. It was done hastily as I understand simply as a sample to whoever would decide if it would be released and obviously it wasn't.

The owner is almost 90 now, has thousands and thousands of discarded covers, labels, listing notices, sample test pressings, and loads of other things on just about every RCA artist from the late 50's to mid 1985 when he retired. I will be offering many, many other things he has soon.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 am

What was the name of this RCA Director please .
It would be great to here more about him .

ElvisFan

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 am

I'll ask him if he wants his name to be made public at this time, ok and if so I'd be glad to. Take care.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi Paul, just a being curious, as a (mega)collector yourself, why don't you keep this for your own collection? - as it is 'one of a kind' ... I would't sell an item unique as this

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Yeah, that´s a good question :wink:. Maybe Paul is selling his collection too :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Good questions Mike & memphis!!

The answer is that I really am not into collecting prototypes, mistakes on labels or covers, misspellings of song writers or unusual items like this. I'm at a stage in life where I really only want commercial or promo US and foreign 78's, singles, EP's and LP's. I used to be heavily into all of those various artist / Elvis LP's (I'm not talking about the SP's or SPS's from the U.S. or Canada) but these got too numerous and honestly I just lost my desire to collect things like this.

Anyway, I hope this answers your question. I'm just into the regular or commercial releases.

By the way I appreciate the publicity on this EP. Thanks.