Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sitting On Top Of The World??

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:30 pm

After reading the topic about "You've lost that loving feeling", i decided to give a listen to a few of the August 70 shows. Then i got to the Aug 12th M/S, which is on both TTWII Special Edition 3 disc set and Gravel Roads "Sitting On Top Of The World.
GR have it listened as the complete performance but the reprise is not there and GR have some dialog (Elvis asking for a glass of water) at the end of "YLTLF" that is not on the BMG release??

So which one is correct and did BMG edit out the dialog or did GR edit in the dialog??

Thanks in advance. ::rocks

Re: Sitting On Top Of The World??

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm

BMG did some judicious editing to fit everything on the single disc. I'ld much rather have the reprise than Elvis asking for a drink of water.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:58 pm

And Gravelroads said it wasn't recorded? Yet its there, and yet another bootlegger has the complete version, you just have to add it to the catalogue of cock-ups, but Gravelroads may do a re-issue en-titled “Standing On Top Of The World”

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 pm

So, basically Gravel Road released this set, saying that it was the complete concert transferred directly from the complete one and half hour stereo reels. Any reason why the reprise was not on the GR release??

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:03 pm

memfisking wrote:So, basically Gravel Road released this set, saying that it was the complete concert transferred directly from the complete one and half hour stereo reels. Any reason why the reprise was not on the GR release??

Because they didn't have access to the BMG tapes with this reprise.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Mike C wrote:
memfisking wrote:So, basically Gravel Road released this set, saying that it was the complete concert transferred directly from the complete one and half hour stereo reels. Any reason why the reprise was not on the GR release??

Because they didn't have access to the BMG tapes with this reprise.

But they had access to everything but the reprise??

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Not much of an Elvis fan if he didn’t have the “TTWII box Set” in his collection?
TTWII.jpg

It was there all the time!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm

E-1 wrote:Not much of an Elvis fan if he didn’t have the “TTWII box Set” in his collection?
TTWII.jpg

It was there all the time!!

That is what i can't understand. They obviously knew that the reprise was not on their release but they still advertised it as the complete show.

And now they are ripping songs from FTD! :wtf:

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Is there footage which proves the real ending..?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

memfisking wrote:And now they are ripping songs from FTD! :wtf:

Which songs?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Tracks 19, 20 & 21 on their new "Snowbird" release.
Last edited by memfisking on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Is there footage which proves the real ending..?

let me check my TTWII outtakes.

yes we do goin to upload it..

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Here you go.
phpBB [video]

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Can you also post the whole song..I`d like to see the whole context..thanks a lot..

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Can you also post the whole song..I`d like to see the whole context..thanks a lot..

sorry this part only is on the set i have, i used all angles to make it as complete as possible. the only thing thats on there is the reprise

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Can you also post the whole song..I`d like to see the whole context..thanks a lot..

sorry this part only is on the set i have, i used all angles to make it as complete as possible. the only thing thats on there is the reprise

Which set did you use? Complete Works?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Mike C wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Which set did you use? Complete Works?

no, a release that came out a few years before that called the complete that's the way it is outtakes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks!

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Did anyone think BMG edited in that reprise? I never did. It's a great highlight from a show filled with highlights. Since the BMG release was out before the Gravel Roads CD, I'm surprised they allowed that to happen.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 am

It seems when they filmed the August 12 show, they turned the camera on as YLTLF was ending to film Polk Salad. Instead, they got the impromptu reprise and I'm so glad they did. It's too bad this cool item sat in the vaults all those years. It deserved to be seen and I'm glad the bootleggers got it out to us.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 am

Has anybody got the complete footage..of the song,..please..?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 am

All indications are it wasn't filmed and you can tell by the bright lights on the raw footage we got sometime ago, that cameras were activated just as the song ended to catch the next song, but he did the reprise, which was a surprise. They may have felt they caught a perfect performance of YLTLF the night before.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

I believe the reprise was tagged at the end of the song later.. we have no footage of the complete song which makes me suspicious...food for thoughts..

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I believe the reprise was tagged at the end of the song later.. we have no footage of the complete song which makes me suspicious...food for thoughts..

I think someone's just listing what's on the tape. As you listen to the BMG release, there's no reason to think it didn't happen just the way it is on this release. On the DVD's, although there is no footage of the main part of the song, the fact that the August 12 MS version of Polk Salad follows the reprise kind of seals the deal for me. Those bright light signals prove to me they weren't interested in filming YLTLF that night. This caught them by surprise and I'm glad it did.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I believe the reprise was tagged at the end of the song later.. we have no footage of the complete song which makes me suspicious...food for thoughts..

Might explain GR's release not having it. It never sounded edited to me. Why would they have acess to everything in the show, except the reprise. Could be wrong tho.