Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 2 New Books from JAT Publishing !

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Alexander wrote:
lucio wrote:
Alexander wrote:Yipee, yet another STICKY post concerning COMMERCIAL information. It is becoming a very uggly routine. About the books: I gave up collecting JAT books a long time ago (and later books on Elvis in general, with exception of some FTD books). Design was always dissapointing as was the value for money aspect. About these I will not bother.

I think it's a great idea to have a sticky about new releases. Makes it stand out so that we can properly determine if we want to buy it or not.
Like many of you I've had my bad experiences with Lichter but some of his photo books are really top class. Tunzi amazes with his ability to keep coming up with new photos though I wish prices could be more reasonable.

In general it may sound as a nice idea but you probably have not noticed that Pep is a moderator around here and is always promoting JAT Publications with stickies.
It might be a good idea for you to check out fecc guideline #17 explanation is provided.
"Some people are more equally than others."

The fact of the matter, "All anyone" has ever had to do if they feel something should be a sticky,
is to "ask" the mods and they would comply, just as long as it is Elvis News worthy and shows
Elvis in a positive light. the mods don't mind doing it.

The mention of these two books is Elvis News worthy . Whether you think it is or not.
I by the way didn't write what was in the first post I was only passing on information which was sent to me.
It's called sharing Elvis News' !
Try doing that instead of being negative and suggesting something that is not true at all.

Not even FTD releases get stickies that enthousiastically.
If I for example were sent the information directly, I would be more than happy to put each and
every release as a sticky, Nevertheless, there have been many threads' on FTD titles over the years to present day and
then of course of other Elvis related products' that have been also put up as sticky's after mods found out about them.
You for whatever the reason were not paying enough attention to those sticky's and choose to suggest in a
negative manner JAT gets favoritism. Which is Not true.
I think that if a release is really that interesting we will discuss these and these will stay on top.
Your right that's the idea, However, presenting new Elvis information as a sticky hurts no one here,
So, why complain about it??. Makes No sense to me.

Publications of JAT are rarely on any interest. Probably PEP and the stickies are desparately needed.
Nope, sorry to burst your bubble there of negatively once again, but JAT releases' in my opinion
out side looking in are doing OK in sales', even in this ever changing Elvis market or the fact would be,
they would not be doing their books' anymore or anything for that matter.
Here's the thing, instead of putting something down you haven't seen yet and will not buy your self anyway.
Try looking for something you can appreciate and start your own thread and leave this one alone
if you have nothing else to offer in a positive fashion.
It gets' rather tiresome when members' do what you do in a negative manner.
It helps' No one.

So far, the pictures' I see that are in the latest JAT trailer show a lot of unreleased Elvis pictures'.
This is Fact ! So what's the problem???
There shouldn't be one. Listen, you don't like what JAT has done or even what Licther has done over the years'.
Nice to know, but I for One do not care. Come back when you have done as many books and DVDs as they
have and then lets' talk about what you have done. When it happens' let us know.

In the mean time keep the negatively to yourself.

I have every book these guys have put out, I know neither one of these guys on a personal bases'.
Some of their stuff is super great while some stuff is just nice to have. At the end of the day that's
what Elvis collecting is all about.

You don't want something new on Elvis in picture form, so be it.

I do !

Have a nice day.
phpBB [video]

PEP 8)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is Paul Lichter involved on both titles, or just King Creole?

Anyone know?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 am

Last edited by ekenee on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:15 am

ekenee wrote:You had me, but then lost all credibility when you deleted most of the thread. That speaks volumes.
No favoring huh?
The thing about transparency is..... you can see thru it.

Nothing anyone has posted in this thread has been edited or deleted. Up to this point.

Logs' were checked. So either you want to start something from a Lie you just made with your post
or it was a mistake on your part.

Which is it?

The transparency you speak of, is maybe you looking in the mirror seeing yourself for what you are.

The negative agenda that takes' place with some of you, does get rather boring.

Have a nice day.

PEP 8)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 am

PEP wrote:
ekenee wrote:You had me, but then lost all credibility when you deleted most of the thread. That speaks volumes.
No favoring huh?
The thing about transparency is..... you can see thru it.

Nothing anyone has posted in this thread has been edited or deleted. Up to this point.

Logs' were checked. So either you want to start something from a Lie you just made with your post
or it was a mistake on your part.

Which is it?

The transparency you speak of, is maybe you looking in the mirror seeing yourself for what you are.

The negative agenda that takes' place with some of you, does get rather boring.

Have a nice day.

PEP 8)

I can admit when i make a mistake. Somehow I couldn't find the threads. I must have goofed. I take back what I wrote.
I really thought you deleted it all. I see it all there now. I apologise. I deleted my post.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:06 pm

ekenee wrote:
I can admit when i make a mistake. Somehow I couldn't find the threads. I must have goofed. I take back what I wrote.
I really thought you deleted it all. I see it all there now. I apologise. I deleted my post.

Thank you for your honesty.
PEP 8)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

After vol 6 of hot shots Ill never buy a tunzi product again FACT.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 pm

daz cav wrote:After vol 6 of hot shots Ill never buy a tunzi product again FACT.

yes it was pretty :smt121 wasnt it !!!!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:26 pm

houndog wrote: :smt121

Aww, that's cute.

What is that little feller doing?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Rob wrote:
houndog wrote: :smt121

Aww, that's cute.

What is that little feller doing?

having a good tug Rob come surely you know that were all men on here ..well most of us apart from the ladies of course

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is Paul Lichter involved on both titles, or just King Creole?

From what I've heard through the grapevine, Lichter's name is on the "King Creole"
book project due to contributing a few photos' to the project.

It is however mainly a Tunzi project to my understanding.
With "Flip Flop & Fly" JAT is the main and only name on this Book project.
Hope that helps and is correct info Doc.
phpBB [video]

PEP 8)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:51 am

Yeah i'll certainly be getting the flip,flop and fly book..... :D

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:12 am

Oh who am I kidding I'm still gonna buy the flip, flop and fly book. 8)