“Elvis Presley in King Creole”
has over 140 rare and unpublished photographs,
Includes rare docs which may help solve
the mystery of the missing outtakes
BOTH TITLES ARE RELEASED
JUNE 3RD 2013
See YOUTUBE Trailer:

phpBB [video]

Also Check out these great releases' by JAK !

PEP 8)

Re: 2 New Books from JAT Publishing !

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 am

Is Paul Lichter involved on both titles, or just King Creole?

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 am

:? Not bad in 73-75, but fat St Louis photos from 1976!~ :|

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

YDKM wrote::? Not bad in 73-75, but fat St Louis photos from 1976!~ :|

From a documentation point of view, those 76 St. Louis photos are the most important photos in this book, as virtually the only photos we've had from this show before are those by Sean Shaver, and I for one welcome more variety. :)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 pm

“Elvis Presley in King Creole”

Does this mean, buy this book it’s not going to tell you anything but the thought was there.

Either the information solves this mystery on the missing out-takes or it doesn’t, typical Tunzi hype, but where is the news of “Hot Shots And Cool Clips Vol. 7unreleased film of Elvis on stage in Vegas filmed from a 16mm camera, unfortunately the lens cap was still on, and as we can’t play actual Elvis music, we will over dub it with some crappy instrumental sh*t to drive you crazy. But as a bonus there will be a multi-angle bonus section so you can enjoy the darkness in up to 3 different camera angles.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 pm

JAT Publishing and Memphis Recording Services are announcing the release of two new books on June 3rd. 'Flip, Flop & Fly - From St Louis to Atlanta 1973 - 1976' which has rare photos with over 120 unpublished colour and black& white images filling this 208 page production.

“Elvis Presley in King Creole” has over 140 rare and unpublished photographs, Includes rare docs which may help solve the mystery of the missing outtakes. The first book was already announced to be released in August 2012. Because of the fact that the last book releases are always postponed, we are carefull to pin the release date of June 3rd. We also wonder if fans are waiting for another 'King Creole' book release, after the FTD and Lorentzen books that came out recently, writing about the same movie. A first glimpse of the 'Flip, Flop & Fly' book can be found on the link below.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I will never buy anything with P.L.'s name attached to it. To give that guy one more cent of my money is not a goal of mine.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:08 pm

JAT + PL = CRAP

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:15 pm

E-1 wrote:“Elvis Presley in King Creole”

Does this mean, buy this book it’s not going to tell you anything but the thought was there.

Either the information solves this mystery on the missing out-takes or it doesn’t, typical Tunzi hype, but where is the news of “Hot Shots And Cool Clips Vol. 7unreleased film of Elvis on stage in Vegas filmed from a 16mm camera, unfortunately the lens cap was still on, and as we can’t play actual Elvis music, we will over dub it with some crappy instrumental sh*t to drive you crazy. But as a bonus there will be a multi-angle bonus section so you can enjoy the darkness in up to 3 different camera angles.

You're wrong; this is going to be volume 8!!! :smt003

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Yipee, yet another STICKY post concerning COMMERCIAL information. It is becoming a very uggly routine. About the books: I gave up collecting JAT books a long time ago (and later books on Elvis in general, with exception of some FTD books). Design was always dissapointing as was the value for money aspect. About these I will not bother.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Alexander wrote:Yipee, yet another STICKY post concerning COMMERCIAL information. It is becoming a very uggly routine. About the books: I gave up collecting JAT books a long time ago (and later books on Elvis in general, with exception of some FTD books). Design was always dissapointing as was the value for money aspect. About these I will not bother.

I think it's a great idea to have a sticky about new releases. Makes it stand out so that we can properly determine if we want to buy it or not.
Like many of you I've had my bad experiences with Lichter but some of his photo books are really top class. Tunzi amazes with his ability to keep coming up with new photos though I wish prices could be more reasonable.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 pm

lucio wrote:
Alexander wrote:Yipee, yet another STICKY post concerning COMMERCIAL information. It is becoming a very uggly routine. About the books: I gave up collecting JAT books a long time ago (and later books on Elvis in general, with exception of some FTD books). Design was always dissapointing as was the value for money aspect. About these I will not bother.

I think it's a great idea to have a sticky about new releases. Makes it stand out so that we can properly determine if we want to buy it or not.
Like many of you I've had my bad experiences with Lichter but some of his photo books are really top class. Tunzi amazes with his ability to keep coming up with new photos though I wish prices could be more reasonable.

In general it may sound as a nice idea but you probably have not noticed that Pep is a moderator around here and is always promoting JAT Publications with stickies. "Some people are more equally than others." Not even FTD releases get stickies that enthousiastically. I think that if a release is really that interesting we will discuss these and these will stay on top. Publications of JAT are rarely on any interest. Probably PEP and the stickies are desparately needed.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Alexander wrote:In general it may sound as a nice idea but you probably have not noticed that Pep is a moderator around here and is always promoting JAT Publications with stickies.

It's not the end of the world.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 pm

I have only interest for the atlanta book

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Alexander wrote:In general it may sound as a nice idea but you probably have not noticed that Pep is a moderator around here and is always promoting JAT Publications with stickies.

It's not the end of the world.

Nope, it is certainly not as most things discussed here are quite irrelevant in the light of daily news and life. :wink:

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:33 pm

My days of buying concert photo books are long behind me.

Somewhere at my parents' house, gathering dust and forgotten until now is Inside King Creole. I might have to go and repatriate that one.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:50 am

Johnny2523 wrote:I have only interest for the atlanta book

same HERE :)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:50 am

Those look like mock up covers.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:11 am

Garfield wrote:JAT + PL = CRAP

[JAT + PL = CRAP]^2

Good post.

N8

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 am

I've got the Elvis Files, all the FTD books, the two Frame by Frame books....
Don't need these.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 am

Couldn't they have done the cover differently on the St. Louis to Atlanta book?

It's very ugly with the tail fin of the plane there. Sorry, but that bright yellow against the dark blue is very very ugly. Why is there no thought process behind the design of the cover to make it appealing?

Otherwise, I'd probably buy it.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:37 am

“Elvis Presley in King Creole” has over 140 rare and unpublished photographs, Includes rare docs which may help solve the mystery of the missing outtakes

And this statement comes from the same clowns who, in Hokey Shite and Crap Cast-Offs Volume 6, promised to deliver rare footage from Elvis' last Las Vegas show which actually turned out to be from 1973. Don't fall for it, guys. And remember that the only people who promote rubbish like this probably do so 'cause they're getting free copies.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm

The STICKY post can also be a WARNING not just a commercial. :oops: :smt005

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:49 pm

BrianTCB wrote:Couldn't they have done the cover differently on the St. Louis to Atlanta book?

It's very ugly with the tail fin of the plane there. Sorry, but that bright yellow against the dark blue is very very ugly. Why is there no thought process behind the design of the cover to make it appealing?

Otherwise, I'd probably buy it.

Can't judge a book by it's cover.

But seriously I think the most interesting show would have been the Atlanta show in Dec. of 1976, but it's not there.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I reseived my the JAT books On Tour & Encore IV (Chicago 1972-1976-1977) today Great books. Atlanta would fit right in.