Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New FTD's

Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Just found another typo on the back cover
20)True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - Take (2:37)
Bloody Hell we've got another 10 cds of this song to come at £20 :lol:

Thu May 09, 2013 11:28 pm

wonder why ftd did edits on going home look.
Goin' Home

WPA1 1001
January 16 1968 (1.00am - 5.00am)

Take 12 FS 1:05 "I'm gonna start playing with my peter" this was edited Stay Away, Joe (FTD)°°

Take 17 FS 1:16 "Don't know what to do to improve it" Stay Away, Joe (FTD)°° (After Take 12) see heres where they started putting it where it dont belong
Take 19 LFS 1:57 "**** the fever, man..." but they left this in? Stay Away, Joe (FTD)°° (Talk only - Not listed) should have used the complete take
Take 23 (In)Comp 0:40+ "Talking in unknown tongues" Stay Away, Joe (FTD)°°~Collectors Gold 2°° (Talk only - Not listed)
Take 24 FS 0:50 "I Got A Woman - Heartbreak Hotel" Stay Away, Joe (FTD)°°
Take 26/28 FS 1:25 (Announced as Take 26 then 28)
"Ma ma mao mao mao" Collectors Gold 2°° (Talk only - Not listed)+Stay Away, Joe (FTD)°° (Talk)
Was the orignal tape cut on these takes?

Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 am

rollinson1 wrote:The booklet and back cover of From Elvis In Memphis is just one big disappointment for me, as others have said
1) The misspelling of song titles

Not really misspellings, but altered spellings.

Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 am

Blue River wrote:
rollinson1 wrote:The booklet and back cover of From Elvis In Memphis is just one big disappointment for me, as others have said
1) The misspelling of song titles

Not really misspellings, but altered spellings.

Is there anyway we can notify the authorities (Interpol) about this injustice ? After all, we should be able to get what we paid for. FTD discs are not exactly cheap.

Fri May 10, 2013 3:19 am

I don't give a tinker's damn about the booklet, back cover or rearranged dialogue. What I want to know is, how is the sound on the music? I buy FTD releases for the music.

Fri May 10, 2013 10:57 am

JerryNodak wrote:I don't give a tinker's damn about the booklet, back cover or rearranged dialogue. What I want to know is, how is the sound on the music? I buy FTD releases for the music.

Love the first takes on this release CD 1. WTLOL - sounds fab! Disc one is a cracker...love the loose feeling on I'm Moving On . Every first take has interest here. Sound is superb.

Haven't played CD 2 yet.

Fri May 10, 2013 11:15 am

The ending of The Us Male take 5 makes me smile every time I hear it....very funny.

edit: was take 5 not 6 as I first wrote (thanks Keith F)
Last edited by KingElvis on Fri May 10, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 10, 2013 2:34 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I don't give a tinker's damn about the booklet, back cover or rearranged dialogue. What I want to know is, how is the sound on the music? I buy FTD releases for the music.

Love the first takes on this release CD 1. WTLOL - sounds fab! Disc one is a cracker...love the loose feeling on I'm Moving On . Every first take has interest here. Sound is superb.

Haven't played CD 2 yet.

Thank you for answering my question concerning sound quilty.

Fri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Actually, the "Stay away Joe" is an excellent fun album.
It has all kinds of music.
Many has been heard before on import or elswhere, but the soundquality is really great here.

The (to me) beautiful "Stay away", in two tempo's.
The utterly cool "US Male".
The fascinating "Too much monkey business"
The fun takes of "Stay away Joe".. (even humming the opening bars of "Adam en Evil" twice over the beginning!)
The bluesey "All i needed was the rain".
"I'm comin' home" has a nice easy going flow...
Even "Dominic" is not as bad as before..

The in between dialogue is fun, cool, very entertaining!!
Even the false starts are fun, it's no doubt that EP is enjoying himsef a lot during these recordings.
A very good and cool FTD i enjoy a lot!!

Fri May 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

JohanD wrote:Actually, the "Stay away Joe" is an excellent fun album.
Many has been heard before on import or elswhere, but the soundquality is really great here.

The fun takes of "Stay away Joe".. (even humming the opening bars of "Adam en Evil" twice over the beginning!)

Even the false starts are fun, it's no doubt that EP is enjoying himsef a lot during these recordings.

My FEIM and Stay Away Joe are still on the way to me, but the one that I will pay first without a doubt will be "Stay Away Joe" :smt007. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri May 10, 2013 7:32 pm

The sound on the masters is different to the legacy edition, just as it happened with back in Memphis. Maybe Sebastian redid them, because they sound a bit warmer and (for me) wider, more open. Love them!

The rest of from elvis is Memphis is GREAt. Sound is SUPERB.

Stay away joe is a revelation, the classic January 68 material and the soundtrack songs kind of work together. More important: there is fun and commitment, a feel of looseness but not in an unprofessional manner. And I agree, the outtake of Dominic is ok. The song doesn't sound that bad!! The sound is again top notch. This release really works.

Fri May 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Is the slow tempo version of "Stay away" in proper stereo this time or still in substandard sounding mono ala "Long lonely highway" (the title of a CD released by FTD featuring out-takes recorded in Nashville between 1960 and 1968)?

Fri May 10, 2013 9:01 pm

JerryNodak wrote:
I don't give a tinker's damn about the booklet, back cover or rearranged dialogue. What I want to know is, how is the sound on the music? I buy FTD releases for the music

I also buy these cds for the music but I do like to read the booklets while listening to the music. We pay top money for these and to be honest on most they are more than value for money but recently I think the attention to detail has dropped. They are going into overkill, this week alone 2 cds, 1 vinyl album and 1 book totalling £125. The Colonel would be proud of Sony & Ernst for even he never pushed for that much to be released in 1 day.
Ps The MUSIC is still great, though why anyone would want to listen to the Stay Away, Joe album before the double From Elvis In Memphis album is beyond me. Just my opinion.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Tony.. wrote:Is the slow tempo version of "Stay away" in proper stereo this time or still in substandard sounding mono ala "Long lonely highway" (the title of a CD released by FTD featuring out-takes recorded in Nashville between 1960 and 1968)?

Yes Tony, it's clear stereo.
In fact, dialogue and all is the same as on the Ranwood Import cd, but the sound there was muffled.
Take two.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... ayaway.htm

Now it's in glorious stereo,and what a treat!!

Funny, you mention that "Long lonely highway" FTD, it's one of my favorites!!

Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Tony.. wrote:Is the slow tempo version of "Stay away" in proper stereo this time or still in substandard sounding mono ala "Long lonely highway" (the title of a CD released by FTD featuring out-takes recorded in Nashville between 1960 and 1968)?

Real gorgeous stereo :)

Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm

JohanD wrote:

Yes Tony, it's clear stereo.
In fact, dialogue and all is the same as on the Ranwood Import cd, but the sound there was muffled.
Take two.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... ayaway.htm

Now it's in glorious stereo,and what a treat!!

frus75 wrote:

Real gorgeous stereo :)

What are we gonna do now, Tony? I'll try to find something else to complain about if you will.

Let me know.

Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Tony rules. I wish he'd join me and start complaining about the missing beer can. I can't believe they altered what looked like a classic cover. Ernst, what happened?

And how come memphis flash (Peter) hasn't complained about this? Is he too busy enjoying the music?

Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I couldn't agree more. Played it through this evening after work and enjoyed it immensely.
Superb FTD release...

Fri May 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Should have left prisoners song unedited we already have it and know it exists since this is not meant for the average public who only wants hits anyways.
Idon;t think balls of a big hairy coon is not talking bout a black person.You see racoons in the mountains.Thats what Southern people call racoons anyways.
Even edited out the last part of the song where he says sh*t. :facep:

Sat May 11, 2013 12:26 am

Great to see a positive review of an FTD for a change from someone who enjoys listening to Elvis... glad you are enjoying the CD Johan... I look forward to receiving my copy in the coming months. CHEERS!

Sat May 11, 2013 1:31 am

Okay, I'm convinced, will order first thing tomorrow (actually that would be today, as it is WAY past my bedtime) :D night y'all

Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 am

rollinson1 wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:
I don't give a tinker's damn about the booklet, back cover or rearranged dialogue. What I want to know is, how is the sound on the music? I buy FTD releases for the music

I also buy these cds for the music but I do like to read the booklets while listening to the music. We pay top money for these and to be honest on most they are more than value for money but recently I think the attention to detail has dropped. They are going into overkill, this week alone 2 cds, 1 vinyl album and 1 book totalling £125. The Colonel would be proud of Sony & Ernst for even he never pushed for that much to be released in 1 day.
Ps The MUSIC is still great, though why anyone would want to listen to the Stay Away, Joe album before the double From Elvis In Memphis album is beyond me. Just my opinion.

I don't even try to read the booklets anymore. Small print, wrong font syle, bad color selection (wrong color print on wrong color background, etc).

I turn 63 in less than a month. I need Sony/FTD to get as much product out as quickly as they can. Bring it on!

Why would would I listen to Stay Away, Joe before From Elvis In Memphis? Simple. For the fun of it.

Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 am

Shopelvis finally fixed the 10% :facep:

Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

JerryNodak wrote:
rollinson1 wrote:
Why would would I listen to Stay Away, Joe before From Elvis In Memphis? Simple. For the fun of it.

Spot on! ::rocks. I have already almost all the outtakes for the 1969 recording session under the "Southern Comfort" bootleg label so I will enjoy more Stay Away Joe! :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 pm

elvis-fan wrote:

Great to see a positive review of an FTD for a change from someone who enjoys listening to Elvis... glad you are enjoying the CD Johan... I look forward to receiving my copy in the coming months. CHEERS!

Thanks Brad, i know you will enjoy this FTD too once you get it, it's really a fun upbeat release!!