Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New FTD's

Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I loved that cover -- the greatest FTD cover in years -- and now you're telling me they've messed it up with some cheap digitial editing in Paint Brush? :facep:

Well, at least the world now won't find out that Elvis drank beer, which of course is a great sin...

Seriously -- they haven't changed the cover, right?

sadley they did, no can on the cover.

Aesthetically, the cover looks far better without the incongruity of the beer can in the foreground.

Kudos to whoever put it right. :wink:

not for me it's a classic album not a photoshop album :smt003

Note what is missing from the [alternate] cover shot of the sleeve in which the FTD is based upon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 05, 2013 12:10 am

Garfield wrote:Don't worry, Keith. Here's the real cover:

Elvis Is A Geordie - small.jpg

Who knew Elvis had such great taste! That is one fine beer, a true classic. :D

I do not like edited photos, and I now hope the damn beer can was never part of the photo in the first place.

Sun May 05, 2013 12:16 am

The tracking list has been slightly modified since the CD was announced. Gone are "Too Much Monkey Business" T-6; "U.S. Male" T-6; and "Goin' Home" T-28. Added are "U.S. Male" T-2, 3.

MT

Sun May 05, 2013 3:20 am

I can't wait to add these FTD's to my collection. Really looking forward to them (all of them).

Sun May 05, 2013 3:31 am

Garfield wrote:Don't worry, Keith. Here's the real cover:

Elvis Is A Geordie - small.jpg

Perfect. "Are you lonesome Tyneite?"

Sun May 05, 2013 9:33 am

How's FEIM FTD sound? Any surprises?

Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

Johnny2523 wrote:Here is the alternate mastering of All I needed Was The Rain.
phpBB [video]

Thanks! So it's a typo and it should read "alternate master"?

Sun May 05, 2013 11:43 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:How's FEIM FTD sound? Any surprises?

Not any real surprises.....at least for me.
I actually I enjoyed BIM-FTD more than this one.
Hight expectations ruined this release a little bit.
But it is cool to have all masters in undubbed/unfixed format.

Sun May 05, 2013 12:44 pm

wow i will enjoy that tAKE Then!!!! :shock: :wink: 8)

Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm

KingElvis wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:How's FEIM FTD sound? Any surprises?

Not any real surprises.....at least for me.
I actually I enjoyed BIM-FTD more than this one.
Hight expectations ruined this release a little bit.
But it is cool to have all masters in undubbed/unfixed format.

Thanks

Have you got some of the material on other releases?

Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 pm

davie2001 wrote:Track14 – All I Needed Was The Rain – Alternate Mastering.
Starts off with - track “All I Needed Was The Rain Take 2” Elvis sings in the Style of All You Need Is Love – “All You Need Is Rain da, da darara”...

An interesting little curio for sure, but I don't believe it's Elvis who actually sings it.

Sun May 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

davie2001 wrote:Track 8 – Stay Away - Jam – take 2

This one really plays with moving things around, starts off with the Jam, and then we get “OK here we go this is evergreen take 1, swiftly followed by nothing it cuts straight to the dialogue before take 2?
So we appear to get:
Jam (from in-between takes 2 & 3)
Announcement of take 1
Take 2

Makes a load of sense, nothing like confusing everybody, and you can no way on earth say that this is to add to the listening pleasure, or making if flow better having, the announcement of take 1 in the middle of all this? And have on the track listing take 2? “which is what it is” just pure mockery of Elvis music and fans intelligence.

Thank you for the info! ::rocks. So I understand that take 1 is not included only the announcement. Am I wrong? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun May 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Which Take is the "slow Version" from "Stay Away"? Is this Version on this CD?

Unfortunately that "All I Needed Was The Rain" sounds no different to me.

Sun May 05, 2013 3:37 pm

davie2001 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

davie2001 wrote:Track 8 – Stay Away - Jam – take 2

This one really plays with moving things around, starts off with the Jam, and then we get “OK here we go this is evergreen take 1, swiftly followed by nothing it cuts straight to the dialogue before take 2?
So we appear to get:
Jam (from in-between takes 2 & 3)
Announcement of take 1
Take 2

Makes a load of sense, nothing like confusing everybody, and you can no way on earth say that this is to add to the listening pleasure, or making if flow better having, the announcement of take 1 in the middle of all this? And have on the track listing take 2? “which is what it is” just pure mockery of Elvis music and fans intelligence.

Thank you for the info! ::rocks. So I understand that take 1 is not included only the announcement. Am I wrong? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

yes announement only

Thanks!. How is take 1 of Too Much Monkey Bussiness? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun May 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Strange that two titles on the back of the From Elvis In Memphis album have now been slightly altered on the FTD.
>> http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-4155-fro ... n-memphis/

Original Album = I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
*New 2013 FTD = I'll Hold You In My Heart

Original Album = I'm Movin' On
*New 2013 FTD = I'm Moving On

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the back of the original Bonus Photo... http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-4155-fro ... n-memphis/

ELVIS' COMPLETE CATALOG OF LONG PLAYING ALBUMS
They had Pot Luck listed as a "Motion Picture Soundtrack Album"... and Loving You as a "Standard Catalog Album"
Last edited by Blue River on Sun May 05, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Anyone has a photo of the booklets?

Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Starts off with - track “All I Needed Was The Rain Take 2” Elvis sings in the Style of All You Need Is Love – “All You Need Is Rain da, da darara”– then Felton says this is 3 after saying let’s do another, the song ends with Elvis saying “Shut your God damn mouth you fuu…”

Is it just me or does it sound like Elvis is ad-libbing a bit of the Beatles' 1967 classic, "All You Need Is Love" by singing "All You Need Is Rain da, da darara"?

Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Blue River wrote:Strange that two titles on the back of the From Elvis In Memphis album have now been slightly altered on the FTD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the back of the original Bonus Photo... http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-4155-fro ... n-memphis/

They had Pot Luck listed as a "Motion Picture Soundtrack Album"... and Loving You as a "Standard Catalog Album"

Not just the track list. The back sleeve photo shows a lot more of Elvis than the cropped version on the original.

It's surprising, as I thought FTD tried to make the artwork as accurate as possible, subject to copyright and trademark limitations. I can't imagine why they did it.

Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm

NumberEight wrote:
Blue River wrote:Strange that two titles on the back of the From Elvis In Memphis album have now been slightly altered on the FTD.

Not just the track list. The back sleeve photo shows a lot more of Elvis than the cropped version on the original.
It's surprising, as I thought FTD tried to make the artwork as accurate as possible, subject to copyright and trademark limitations. I can't imagine why they did it.

Yes, I noticed that, too. I suppose they wanted to reveal what the entire photo looked like before it was cropped for the '69 album.

There are other subtle differences, also.

Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Daryl wrote:
Starts off with - track “All I Needed Was The Rain Take 2” Elvis sings in the Style of All You Need Is Love – “All You Need Is Rain da, da darara”– then Felton says this is 3 after saying let’s do another, the song ends with Elvis saying “Shut your God damn mouth you fuu…”

Is it just me or does it sound like Elvis is ad-libbing a bit of the Beatles' 1967 classic, "All You Need Is Love" by singing "All You Need Is Rain da, da darara"?

As already pointed out, this ad-lib is almost certainly not sung by Elvis.

If you listen closely, the voice that sings it is panned to the left [this from a track that Elvis overdubbed his vocal to].

My guess is that it's ace musician Charlie McCoy who wittily delivers the line.

Sun May 05, 2013 11:55 pm

davie2001 wrote:Too Much Monkey Business – takes 1,3,9
Take one is fairly just trying to get to grips with the track, but after that the whole lot goes to hell as Felton says this will be 4 then take 4, and as per the CD “So High” it matches up to “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling” which isn’t here on the FTD “Stay Away Joe” this is a nightmare of a release for trying to match up what it supposed to be where!
The subject was talked about on another tread about dialogue being shifted around, well this CD is going to have us asking more questions as to what belongs where and where is take 3?
I think Ernst needs to take a bit more control and put a bit more continuity into these releases, instead of turning them into a CD of its Elvis that’s all that matters. Who cares what take number it is or what bit of dialogue belongs where!

Thanks!. So it looks like it's a bit confusing how the recording goes on this song and after all these years the So High cd has audio that's only there :shock:. I noticed with the change on the final tracklisting as revealed here we have almost the entire session for U.S. Male 8). Would have loved they had included more from the song Too Much Monkey Bussiness :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 am

Blue River wrote:
NumberEight wrote:

Yes, I noticed that, too. I suppose they wanted to reveal what the entire photo looked like before it was cropped for the '69 album.

Just goes to show that noone's perfect. Not even Ernst. He does most things right, but why does he mess with the original album art? It's not a good idea at all.

Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 am

Or when They put the dialogue in the wrong places that's annoying.Quit screwing with it leave as recorded would be better.

Mon May 06, 2013 3:53 am

Olli0972 wrote:

Unfortunately that "All I Needed Was The Rain" sounds no different to me.

I was thinking the same thing.

frus75 wrote:
So it's a typo and it should read "alternate master"?

Maybe "alternate mix" is more acurate

Can someone point out the difference in the two?

RKS

Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Blue River wrote:
NumberEight wrote:

Just goes to show that noone's perfect. Not even Ernst. He does most things right, but why does he mess with the original album art? It's not a good idea at all.

Btw, why did they chose a 1963 picture? They could have used one from other recent photo sessions, like the ones on suspicious minds single, let's be friend album, etc