Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 am

C'mon Justin, you're not "thinking outside the box"!

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:09 am

Justin wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:What butchering? We're not talking about a 'Viva Elvis' type of remix or remake. We're talking about a slight overdub that matches the original sound as it sounded live in front of a live audience. There's a lot that could be done with the 68 material that could draw new interest. But, that would be thinking outside the box. They do not do that at Sony. Too cheap.


Too cheap? Try, too "respectful." Sony is smart enough not to disturb the Comeback special by permanently marring it with cheap overdubs just to satisfy the few fans out there that are to dense to appreciate these wonderful performances exactly as they are. In the millions of words written, praising the Comeback special, no one has ever complained that drums were too low in the mix or that it was in need of overdubs to "enhance" the experience. It's kind of mind-boggling to think that any fan would suggest this.


Some fans are too sensitive and overreact before knowing the facts. This is NOT a remix like we're accustomed to. But, never mind. It's over some heads.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 am

Matthew wrote:C'mon Justin, you're not "thinking outside the box"!


Neither are you.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 am

I'm all for upgrades in sound when it can be done but adding anything to these historic recordings would be an act of sheer folly.The boxset,the DVD special edition along with Venus' Singer Presents Elvis will do for me.

norrie

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Matthew wrote:C'mon Justin, you're not "thinking outside the box"!


Neither are you.

One of these images represents the 68 Special material. The other represents the 68 Special material painted over with overdubs.

Ecce_Homo_(Elías_García_Martínez).jpg

Can you guess which is which?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 am

They should just go the whole hog. Take If I can Dream and turn it into something akin to this:

phpBB [video]



What more could you possibly want!

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 am

Matthew wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Matthew wrote:C'mon Justin, you're not "thinking outside the box"!


Neither are you.

One of these images represents the 68 Special material. The other represents the 68 Special material painted over with overdubs.

Ecce_Homo_(Elías_García_Martínez).jpg

Can you guess which is which?


Please just be quiet. You have no idea what was being proposed. All you did like most, was jump to conclusions.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Please just be quiet. You have no idea what was being proposed. All you did like most, was jump to conclusions.

You proposed overdubbing some of the 68 Special material. My analogy is right on. Please answer the question, which image is which?

:smt006

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 am

Some of you need to get over it and realize that any street release is NOT targeted towards the fanbase. Prince From Another Planet was a commercial release. Those types of releases are targeted at the general public in hopes of drawing in new interest. The classic albums, original albums, concerts and outtakes are for the collectors and die hard fans like on this forum. That's the whole purpose for FTD existing to begin with. So whatever may or may not be done to a "classic" is not meant for you to like or dislike. You will always have the originals.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:47 am

You need to play ball if you're gonna be a team player SuspiciousMind - please answer the question, which image is which?

By the way, Prince From Another Planet was not just targeted at the general public. In either case, preserving the historical integrity of important recordings is more important here than tarnishing the quality of some of Elvis' greatest recordings. You may need to get over that.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 am

Matthew wrote:You need to play ball if you're gonna be a team player SuspiciousMind - please answer the question, which image is which?

By the way, Prince From Another Planet was not just targeted at the general public. In either case, preserving the historical integrity of important recordings is more important here than tarnishing the quality of some of Elvis' greatest recordings. You may need to get over that.


I couldn't care less about some picture or which is which. FYI, Prince From... was remixed. So there.

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am

Was it overdubbed though ?

norrie

Re: Could the 68' Special be the next legacy release?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:FYI, Prince From... was remixed. So there.

What's your point?