Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Proud to announce my first book. Elvis Music FAQ

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Congrats Mike!
I always enjoy reading your posts here so I am sure the book will be a winner.

Lennart
Last edited by Lennart on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I've always enjoyed your articles and postings. The pre-order has been made, so I'm definitely looking forward to your book.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Congrats, Mike!

I've placed my pre-order and look forward to receiving it in late October. :)

Perfect timing on the release date! I'll likely get a couple more for holiday gifts.

Best wishes for great success!

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Happy to see this success of yours Mike. I'm sure I will enjoy reading the book for many years to come.
Lucio

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Thank you all again, I will give more info as I get it.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Maybe this should remain as a sticky for a little longer. One of our own publishing an Elvis book is a pretty cool thing.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 am

Release date has been put back to November 15th, and the price on Amazon UK has gone up to £19.50.
Glad I pre-ordered at £13.68! :D

There is now a picture of the book's cover http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Music-FAQ-Thats-Recorded/dp/1617130494/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365489633&sr=1-1

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 am

Wow that's the first time I've seen the cover! I wonder if that's a dummy or the final version. I like it.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 am

Steelback wrote:Release date has been put back to November 15th, and the price on Amazon UK has gone up to £19.50.
Glad I pre-ordered at £13.68! :D

There is now a picture of the book's cover http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Music-FAQ-Thats-Recorded/dp/1617130494/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365489633&sr=1-1

I am not sure why the date has been put back, maybe to give time to import it from here? Thanks for getting one!

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am

Mike Eder wrote:Wow that's the first time I've seen the cover! I wonder if that's a dummy or the final version. I like it.

It's beautiful, Mike! Heck, forget the Wish List, I'm just gonna pre-order. Won't be in 'till the holidays in any case! :smt114

I had it gift-wrapped, with a card that says "Enjoy your gift, Happy Holidays, Love Dad" He has no idea it exists, of course, but somebody will be surprised! (I paid for it. Or I will, when it's released.)

rjm

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 am

If the new JAT books deserve a sticky, maybe this one, written by a FECC member, does too. It had slipped back to page 3 when I looked for it this morning!!! :D

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am

Steelback wrote:If the new JAT books deserve a sticky, maybe this one, written by a FECC member, does too. It had slipped back to page 3 when I looked for it this morning!!! :D

I agree!

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 am

JimmyCool wrote:
Steelback wrote:If the new JAT books deserve a sticky, maybe this one, written by a FECC member, does too. It had slipped back to page 3 when I looked for it this morning!!! :D

I agree!

I'm sure that that could be arranged if the author slips one of the mods a free copy.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Thank you all so much. I am truly touched by the support on this thread and I hope it lives up to your expectations.

I am doing the final photo placement tonight. Mostly there will be record covers that are obscure and some off beat items. Erik gave me a few live shots he took too.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Mike, I have placed my order as well.

I haven't bought an Elvis book in quite some time, but I know I will enjoy your work.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Here is a cool cover from Amazon:

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 am

I pre-ordered my copy today! Congratulations on completing the book and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:15 am

K.C. wrote:Here is a cool cover from Amazon:

Cool cover shot Mike

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:55 am

Good luck with the book, Mike!

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 pm

karlos wrote:well done Mike Eder - Lookn out for it on Amazon - I'll buy it n treasure it -
The Very Best Of Luck in all ya prospects in future Mike My buddy - God Bles -

Holy cow, can it get any ugglier Karlos? :wtf:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Just a quick note that I did a short interview that gives a good idea of what the book will be like.
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 am

This looks like a must have. I just pre-ordered it, looking forward to receiving it in October.

Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Looks like the release date has slipped slightly. I've had an email from Amazon estimating delivery in the first week of December. Current price is £15.53 for anyone who hasn't pre-ordered yet.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 pm

It should still come out when planned. Amazon doesn't consult with me so I don't know why it would be changed