Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: ELVIS:THE VOICE....Available Now! New Links!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm

:D now it works
Thanks trouble_jw
great Album

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Cheers guys, great work from all .......... only admission i can see is with all the talk of LYG 68 version, being the next remix, would have been nice to see something special done with it and added, perhaps a job for our Jimmy ?

Watch this space.
Glad u like it man

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

HAWEF wrote::D now it works
Thanks trouble_jw
great Album

Thank u! And of course u r welcome.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:30 am

:D

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

Hope everyone is enjoying the album.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Sure do! I spend about 18 hours a week in my car, and this cd-set is my absolute favorite for listening while on the road. The sound is superb. Crisp, clear, full, well balanced, a treat to my ears.

I don't have the cover printed or anything, but it sure looks better than most of the regular releases. Fantastic work on that one as well.

After listening the cd's several times, I started noticing a few "Voices" of Elvis are missing. At times I was expecting them - for all songs are in chronicle order - but they didn't come. "Voices" I started to miss after a while:

- the vulnerable, inexperienced voice that can be heard on I Love You Because and Harbor Lights
- the uptempo style of Baby, Let's Play House (with the 'hick-ups') or Good Rockin' Tonight
- the fast and rather high rock song voice of My Baby Left Me
- the fast tempo rock numbers ('voices') of Blue Suede Shoes, or Shake, Rattle and Roll etc.
- the rough voice of songs like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, Long Tall Sally, One Night (With You) etc.
- the softened popsong kinda voice of Teddy Bear and Lover Doll
- the 1963 rock voice of Memphis Tennessee
- I also started to miss an uptempo Gospel with interaction between front voice and the group, like Bossom Of Abraham, I John or even If The Lord Wasn't Walking By My Side
- the somewhat restricted voice (or a voice that's hold back, don't know if you know what I mean) of Burning Love
- the "Sammy Davis Jr kinda voice" (don't know how else to explain) of Talk In Your Sleep, I Got A Feelin' In My Body or Promised Land

No complain. It would have made the set into a 3-cd one if all of Elvis' 'voices' would have been covered. He just had so many!

Thanks again for the listening pleasure! I'm sure it will stay my favorite for a lot more kilometers...

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:

Sure do! I spend about 18 hours a week in my car, and this cd-set is my absolute favorite for listening while on the road. The sound is superb. Crisp, clear, full, well balanced, a treat to my ears.

I don't have the cover printed or anything, but it sure looks better than most of the regular releases. Fantastic work on that one as well.

After listening the cd's several times, I started noticing a few "Voices" of Elvis are missing. At times I was expecting them - for all songs are in chronicle order - but they didn't come. "Voices" I started to miss after a while:

- the vulnerable, inexperienced voice that can be heard on I Love You Because and Harbor Lights
- the uptempo style of Baby, Let's Play House (with the 'hick-ups') or Good Rockin' Tonight
- the fast and rather high rock song voice of My Baby Left Me
- the fast tempo rock numbers ('voices') of Blue Suede Shoes, or Shake, Rattle and Roll etc.
- the rough voice of songs like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, Long Tall Sally, One Night (With You) etc.
- the softened popsong kinda voice of Teddy Bear and Lover Doll
- the 1963 rock voice of Memphis Tennessee
- I also started to miss an uptempo Gospel with interaction between front voice and the group, like Bossom Of Abraham, I John or even If The Lord Wasn't Walking By My Side
- the somewhat restricted voice (or a voice that's hold back, don't know if you know what I mean) of Burning Love
- the "Sammy Davis Jr kinda voice" (don't know how else to explain) of Talk In Your Sleep, I Got A Feelin' In My Body or Promised Land

No complain. It would have made the set into a 3-cd one if all of Elvis' 'voices' would have been covered. He just had so many!

Thanks again for the listening pleasure! I'm sure it will stay my favorite for a lot more kilometers...

Wow, thats great to read. Honestly. Thanks for the kins words and also feedback.
I took the decision to leave off up tempo songs and focus on the ballads/meaningful songs for a couple of reasons. Firstly to keep the feeling of the album consistant with each track complimenting the next. Also I have in mind a follow up this for future release, focusing on the rock/uptempo voice of Elvis......Which will be awesome!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:32 pm

I took the decision to leave off up tempo songs and focus on the ballads/meaningful songs for a couple of reasons

I understand. And it works for me :-). Looking forward to anything that's coming up from you guys. Makes my life on the road a lot more pleasant!

Cheers!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
I took the decision to leave off up tempo songs and focus on the ballads/meaningful songs for a couple of reasons

I understand. And it works for me :-). Looking forward to anything that's coming up from you guys. Makes my life on the road a lot more pleasant!

Cheers!

Happy to help!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Anymore thoughts on this album?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Great Job Trouble_JW ::rocks

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Great Job Trouble_JW ::rocks

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Agreed, but asking for a KEY today and download not working.

Was ok last night but of all things my ISP failed half way through!

Cheers, Piers

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 pm

PiersEIN wrote:

Agreed, but asking for a KEY today and download not working.

Was ok last night but of all things my ISP failed half way through!

Cheers, Piers

On both links?

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 am

I also can't download the 2nd part - it is asking for a decryption key :(

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 am

How strange. Anyone who wants the album please PM me

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 am

trouble_jw wrote: Anyone who wants the album please PM me

Is this in flac or mp3?
Links would be cool :)

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 pm

I predominately use high quality mp3 but also have WAVE files. Have replied to PM.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:18 pm

trouble_jw wrote:I predominately use high quality mp3 but also have WAVE files. Have replied to PM.

Wave would be best....PM sendt. :)

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Done! :D

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:18 pm

hi hard working people of RetroAudio,i've heard the VERY GOOD recordings of the Elvis lp's.i've a tube amp.and i hear more on these albums than on lp or cd.i've the albums resampled to 32bit--192000hz and it is more clearer.Keep up the good work and let many albums sound BETTER.Regards,hein from the Netherlands. 10 years younger than the king,bye.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:12 am

This was a great album, it cries for a second volume... 8)

Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

Just Pretend ...... ttwii
Tomorrow Never Comes
My Babe
( 2 already posted ) Just agreeing

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:36 pm

JimmyCool wrote:This was a great album, it cries for a second volume... 8)

In the pipeline Jimmy! ;) Been thinking of a good follow on for some time now.

hein wrote:hi hard working people of RetroAudio,i've heard the VERY GOOD recordings of the Elvis lp's.i've a tube amp.and i hear more on these albums than on lp or cd.i've the albums resampled to 32bit--192000hz and it is more clearer.Keep up the good work and let many albums sound BETTER.Regards,hein from the Netherlands. 10 years younger than the king,bye.

Glad you enjoyed!

memphismemories wrote:Just Pretend ...... ttwii
Tomorrow Never Comes
My Babe
( 2 already posted ) Just agreeing

One is already on the album..... Vol 2 may be something a bit different.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:11 pm

trouble-jw,
Great compilation. I'm not going to add any alternatives, its pointless. We could be here forever stating what should have been included and what should not be there.
This was your idea and yours alone and a willingness to share with us as a bonus. A well balanced and thoughtful process carried out by your good self is fine by me.
Playing this comp in the ol' camper van as I buzz around Europe early 2015.
Thank You for taking the time and effort to put together a very lovely 2 disc selection. :D