Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:10 am

Blue River wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Blue River wrote:There's nothing wrong with the song. It's fantastic! 8)

Fantastic? Really? Suspicious Minds is fantastic. In The Ghetto is fantastic. Change Of Habit? It's ok, I guess. At least the song is trying to be good, even if it isn't great.
You're a bit grouchy these last few days, maybe a change of habit would help?

:lol:

Suspicious Minds = Great
In The Ghetto = Great
Change Of Habit = Fantastic

:D

Suspicious Minds = Great
In The Ghetto = Great
Change Of Habit = Top Notch, Excellent, Extraordinary, The Sh*t,.. All That And A Bag Of Chips!
Not to mention... Fantastic!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 am

You're right, I see the light. Before Change Of Habit, Elvis was nothing.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:48 am

I'm saying Change Of Habit is only OK, that Have A Happy and Let's Be Friends are songs that he couldn't have believed in and I doubt he was that proud of Let Us Pray either. I would say this soundtrack is 1 1/2 of 5.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:09 am

I remember once playing "Rubberneckin'" for a friend of mine, very well-versed in all kinds of popular music, and he said, "It sounds like 'Multiplication Rock.'"

phpBB [video]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schoolhouse_Rock!#Multiplication_Rock

It's all a matter of taste!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 am

stevelecher wrote:... I doubt he was that proud of Let Us Pray either.

You have no basis for your doubt on that.

Elvis and the musicians/singers put plenty of effort into that song. He sounded like he really cared.

phpBB [video]

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:16 am

stevelecher wrote:I'm saying Change Of Habit is only OK, that Have A Happy and Let's Be Friends are songs that he couldn't have believed in and I doubt he was that proud of Let Us Pray either. I would say this soundtrack is 1 1/2 of 5.

His vocals tell us a different story.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 am

Elvis did good vocals on a lot of bad songs. With the religious nature of Let Us Pray, he could have liked it.

I would still prefer this on an FTD with another soundtrack rather than Memphis 1969 material.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 am

stevelecher wrote:I would still prefer this on an FTD with another soundtrack...

Maybe even with three other soundtracks. :wink:

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Having just read through this whole topic, it has been like watching a tennis match - from the side.

I like Change Of Habit, the movie and the songs. It was like a re-awakening in the Elvis world.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Steve Morse wrote:Having just read through this whole topic, it has been like watching a tennis match - from the side.

I like Change Of Habit, the movie and the songs. It was like a re-awakening in the Elvis world.

I like Change Of Habit as a song, it is certainly better than other movie title songs of the 60's, but its lyrics were too obvious for the times and it seems dated now and has not aged well. Have A Happy is pleasant but it reminds of Elvis singing for children once again and this is the kind of stuff that turned off many fans to Elvis in the 60's. Rubberneckin is the best of the bunch and the most commercial, probably why it was picked for a remix. A nice lost gem of a song.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:41 pm

r&b wrote:
Steve Morse wrote:Having just read through this whole topic, it has been like watching a tennis match - from the side.

I like Change Of Habit as a song, it is certainly better than other movie title songs of the 60's, but its lyrics were too obvious for the times and it seems dated now and has not aged well.

I wonder how it would sound if someone rewrote the lyrics, made it into another story? ;-)

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
r&b wrote:

I like Change Of Habit as a song, it is certainly better than other movie title songs of the 60's, but its lyrics were too obvious for the times and it seems dated now and has not aged well.

I wonder how it would sound if someone rewrote the lyrics, made it into another story? ;-)

Now that would be very funny... :D

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:51 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
r&b wrote:

Now that would be very funny... :D

Totally!

But seriously, normal people have better things to do than fiddle with a 40 year-old Elvis movie song. ;-)

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:But seriously, normal people have better things to do than fiddle with a 40 year-old Elvis movie song.

44 year-old Elvis movie song, "Liberace".

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:But seriously, normal people have better things to do than fiddle with a 40 year-old Elvis movie song.

I know exactly when the track was cut, I was speaking in general terms, which is acceptable to the typical reader.

If you want to leave the firehouse and be an English teacher, quit bothering people on this board with your bold print, off-topic crap and go to school.

Thanks.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I know exactly when the track was cut, I was speaking in general terms, which is acceptable to the typical reader.
...quit bothering people on this board with your bold print

You mean like your "general terms" bold print? :D

Remember - Don't worry too much about me. I do the best I can. :wink:

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 am

Just ordered and received this CD from amazon.com last week. I listened through it yesterday and have to say I really enjoyed it. Sure some of the songs are a little off the wall but I've always enjoyed Change of Habit, I'll Be There, Let Us Pray, Clean Up Your Own Backyard, the '68 version of Swing Down Sweet Chariot and the original A Little Less Conversation. I think it's a fine CD and in great sound quality and I'll be giving it another spin this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 am

Set, match, point.