Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:56 pm

I was making a fictional soundtrack from COH and wondered about Rubberneckin and Let's Be Friends (which should be before the other etc) later I wanted to add original single promoting the movie Don't Cry Daddy/Rubberneckin and so it came:
1st version
1. Change of Habit
2. Have A Happy
3. Let Us Pray
4. Let's Be Friend (could change place with Rubberneckin, as it was recorded along with 3 other song, but not featured in movie as did Rubberneckin but recorded in Memphis)
5. Rubberneckin
Bonus
6. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub from Today, Tomorrow And Forever)

2nd version had Don't Cry Daddy between Rubberneckin and alternate Let's Be Friends

but the 3rd version would be very nice if made by FTD
''Original'' EP (thar was never released)
1. Change of Habit
2. Have A Happy
3. Let Us Pray
4. Let's Be Friends
Original Single
5. Rubberneckin
6. Don't Cry Daddy
Bonus Tracks (order may be changed)
7.I'll Be There
8.Hey Jude
9.If I'm A Fool
10. Who Am I?
11. Kentucky Rain
12. My Little Friend
Bonus Sessions Outtakes (So far only the ones released by Sony/BMG. Order may be changed)
13. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub)
14. Poor Man's Gold
15. Hey Jude (Takes 5, 1)
16. It's My Way/This Time/I Can't Stop Loving You
17. Kentucky Rain (Take 3)
18. Kentucky Rain (Take 8)
19. Kentucky Rain (Take 9)
20.If I'm A Fool (Take 3)

by now running time is 59:35

plus many more yet officially unpublished outtakes

Here's a mock up cover that I made.

What's Your thought's on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am

Not Good Enough. It would only work if you combine it with THE TROUBLE WITH GIRLS and CHARRO and even then with outtakes featured. Under the present circumstance, Ernst is wise not to release this one on FTD.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am

Steamstan wrote:I was making a fictional soundtrack from COH and wondered about Rubberneckin and Let's Be Friends (which should be before the other etc) later I wanted to add original single promoting the movie Don't Cry Daddy/Rubberneckin and so it came:
1st version
1. Change of Habit
2. Have A Happy
3. Let Us Pray
4. Let's Be Friend (could change place with Rubberneckin, as it was recorded along with 3 other song, but not featured in movie as did Rubberneckin but recorded in Memphis)
5. Rubberneckin
Bonus
6. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub from Today, Tomorrow And Forever)

2nd version had Don't Cry Daddy between Rubberneckin and alternate Let's Be Friends

but the 3rd version would be very nice if made by FTD
''Original'' EP (thar was never released)
1. Change of Habit
2. Have A Happy
3. Let Us Pray
4. Let's Be Friends
Original Single
5. Rubberneckin
6. Don't Cry Daddy
Bonus Tracks (order may be changed)
7.I'll Be There
8.Hey Jude
9.If I'm A Fool
10. Who Am I?
11. Kentucky Rain
12. My Little Friend
Bonus Sessions Outtakes (So far only the ones released by Sony/BMG. Order may be changed)
13. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub)
14. Poor Man's Gold
15. Hey Jude (Takes 5, 1)
16. It's My Way/This Time/I Can't Stop Loving You
17. Kentucky Rain (Take 3)
18. Kentucky Rain (Take 8)
19. Kentucky Rain (Take 9)
20.If I'm A Fool (Take 3)

by now running time is 59:35

plus many more yet officially unpublished outtakes

Here's a mock up cover that I made.

What's Your thought's on this?

ep_1969-1.jpg


There's just not enough material for a full LP, and I would hate to see the March 1969 material littered with nondescript masters. Perhaps an EP would be just about perfect.

Of course, I would purchase this the very first day of sale. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20 am

Actually, I thought of Loving You LP where only a half of album was soundtrack and at the same time I wanted to put The Memphis Leftovers somewhere along with their outtakes so I thought that it will be linked together like that sondtrack + single (recorded in Memphis, but featured in movie) + other songs recorded along with single in Memphis. The outtakes are presesnted in chronological order.
Running time for 'LP' only is 35 min (more than Back In Memphis, 32min)

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am

Here's what you could credibly issue from Universal's "Change of Habit" right now:

Released 1970 masters
01. Change of Habit
02. Have A Happy
03. Let Us Pray
04. Let's Be Friends

Released single B-side
05. Rubberneckin'

Outtakes
06. Change of Habit (movie master, from acetate)
07. Let Us Pray (alternate take, from acetate)
08. Let Us Pray (original 3-06-1969 master)
09. Rubberneckin' (live, 8-26-1969 MS)

The 1969 tapes from Elvis' March 6 (Los Angeles) and September 26 (Nashville) vocal sessions, with potentially interesting session alternates or chatter, are yet to be heard by fans.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 am

by now running time is 59:35

plus many more yet officially unpublished outtakes


I hope there's more outtakes from COH and Memphis so they could make 2cd album that will 'close' 1969 studio masters subject

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 am

Steamstan wrote:I hope there's more outtakes from COH and Memphis so they could make 2cd album that will 'close' 1969 studio masters subject


Unless the March 6 and September 26 reels are brimming with usable material, that is doubtful.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 am

I'd personally tag the COH masters plus any stray alternates, as a bonus to a third Memphis '69 Classic Album FTD, rather than the other way around.

You could possibly also include the short jam of Lawdy Miss Clawdy [lifted from the film print], too.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:37 am

elvisalisellers wrote:I'd personally tag the COH masters plus any stray alternates, as a bonus to a third Memphis '69 Classic Album FTD, rather than the other way around.


That would be another poor idea for an official collection. Sonically the sessions are world's apart, and each would distract from the other. It would be like throwing "G.I. Blues" outtakes on a bonus third CD to Elvis is Back!

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:I'd personally tag the COH masters plus any stray alternates, as a bonus to a third Memphis '69 Classic Album FTD, rather than the other way around.


That would be another poor idea for an official collection. Sonically the sessions are world's apart, and each would distract from the other. It would be like throwing "G.I. Blues" outtakes on a bonus third CD to Elvis is Back!

Actually, tagging the COH tracks to the tail end of a third Memphis album is an excellent idea.

Rubberneckin' would act as the perfect link between sessions; and save for the lightweight Have A Happy, the remaining COH soundtrack recordings have nothing to be remotely embarrassed about being paired up with the extant American Sound recordings, sonically or otherwise.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:05 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:I'd personally tag the COH masters plus any stray alternates, as a bonus to a third Memphis '69 Classic Album FTD, rather than the other way around.


That would be another poor idea for an official collection. Sonically the sessions are world's apart, and each would distract from the other. It would be like throwing "G.I. Blues" outtakes on a bonus third CD to Elvis is Back!

Actually, tagging the COH tracks to the tail end of a third Memphis album is an excellent idea.


Not for an official collection.

In addition to the reasons already cited, the material is also a step below the Memphis recordings.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:I'd personally tag the COH masters plus any stray alternates, as a bonus to a third Memphis '69 Classic Album FTD, rather than the other way around.


That would be another poor idea for an official collection. Sonically the sessions are world's apart, and each would distract from the other. It would be like throwing "G.I. Blues" outtakes on a bonus third CD to Elvis is Back!

Actually, tagging the COH tracks to the tail end of a third Memphis album is an excellent idea.


Not for an official collection.

In addition to the reasons already cited, the material is also a step below the Memphis recordings.

Change Of Habit, Let Us Pray and Let's Be Friends are not a step below the likes of Hey Jude, If I'm A Fool (For Loving You) and My Little Friend - all of which would feature on any potential third '69 Memphis album.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:05 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Change Of Habit, Let Us Pray and Let's Be Friends are not a step below the likes of Hey Jude, If I'm A Fool (For Loving You) and My Little Friend - all of which would feature on any potential third '69 Memphis album.


Wow, I underestimated your retail savvy.

That set will just fly out the door at retail, and bust the server at iTunes. ;-)

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Change Of Habit, Let Us Pray and Let's Be Friends are not a step below the likes of Hey Jude, If I'm A Fool (For Loving You) and My Little Friend - all of which would feature on any potential third '69 Memphis album.


Wow, I underestimated your retail savvy.

That set will just fly out the door at retail, and bust the server at iTunes. ;-)

My sagacious comments are in relation to a potential FTD release. :wink:

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 am

elvisalisellers wrote:My sagacious comments are in relation to a potential FTD release. :wink:


Have fun with your sagacity. ;-)

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:06 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Rubberneckin' would act as the perfect link between sessions; and save for the lightweight Have A Happy, the remaining COH soundtrack recordings have nothing to be remotely embarrassed about being paired up with the extant American Sound recordings, sonically or otherwise.

"Rubberneckin' " is indeed the song that links the Memphis sessions with the movie Change Of Habit... plus the sessions were only about 2 weeks apart from one another in the winter of '69.

drjohncarpenter wrote: Sonically the sessions are world's apart, and each would distract from the other.

World's apart? That's not necessarily true.
The original Let's Be Friends album contained 2 songs from the Memphis sessions and 3 songs from the Change Of Habit sessions without a "sonic" problem issue.

drjohncarpenter wrote:It would be like throwing "G.I. Blues" outtakes on a bonus third CD to Elvis is Back!

Well, RCA did once have the two linked together on an 8-track release >> http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/e ... s-elvis-is
I'm just sayin'.

With all that said, I personally prefer that Ernst will release the Change Of Habit session recordings
with the Charro! / The Trouble With Girls / Live A Little, Love A Little sessions.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:52 am

A standalone COH album is simply not feasable. Not for FTD, nor Legacy. There's just not enough material to warrant that...unless that is Sony can come up with a 50 different takes of "Have A Happy".

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Personally I like what they've done in the DCR-series with Change of Habit material. See pic...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:59 pm

robg wrote:Have no fear the Doc’s going to have egg on his face again ...


It's almost admirable how you keep your dreams alive no matter what life throws your way. ;-)

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:50 pm

by Steamstan »

6. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub from Today, Tomorrow And Forever)



I can't find Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub) on my CD set of Today, Tomorrow And Forever is this the release you mean? if so your set is rare :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Blue River wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Rubberneckin' would act as the perfect link between sessions; and save for the lightweight Have A Happy, the remaining COH soundtrack recordings have nothing to be remotely embarrassed about being paired up with the extant American Sound recordings, sonically or otherwise.

"Rubberneckin' " is indeed the song that links the Memphis sessions with the movie Change Of Habit... plus the sessions were only about 2 weeks apart from one another in the winter of '69.

Spot-on, Blue River.

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Sonically the sessions are world's apart, and each would distract from the other.

World's apart? That's not necessarily true.
The original Let's Be Friends album contained 2 songs from the Memphis sessions and 3 songs from the Change Of Habit sessions without a "sonic" problem issue.

Correct. Perhaps Let's Be Friends is the one missing album from drjohncarpenter's collection? smt179

Blue River wrote:With all that said, I personally prefer that Ernst will release the Change Of Habit session recordings
with the Charro! / The Trouble With Girls / Live A Little, Love A Little sessions.

I wouldn't be opposed to FTD following the same pattern as to the similarly titled Double Features entry - especially if it can be expanded to include some previously unreleased material.
But I'd personally go with a triple 1968 feature of Charro! / The Trouble With Girls / Live A Little, Love A Little, thereby freeing up the COH material to add some extra punch and variety to the remaining '69 Memphis tracks - as well [as noted] providing a bridge between respective sessions with the key track, Rubberneckin'.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 pm

garry100 wrote:by Steamstan »

6. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub from Today, Tomorrow And Forever)



I can't find Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub) on my CD set of Today, Tomorrow And Forever is this the release you mean? if so your set is rare :)

I'm guessing "Steamstan" meant to say Let Us Pray.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 pm

HI there!! :D :D :D.

garry100 wrote:by Steamstan »

6. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub from Today, Tomorrow And Forever)



I can't find Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub) on my CD set of Today, Tomorrow And Forever is this the release you mean? if so your set is rare :)


I was wondering if I had a different release as well :facep:. Mine does not contain this version :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
garry100 wrote:by Steamstan »

6. Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub from Today, Tomorrow And Forever)



I can't find Let's Be Friends (Alternate Overdub) on my CD set of Today, Tomorrow And Forever is this the release you mean? if so your set is rare :)

I'm guessing "Steamstan" meant to say Let Us Pray.


Good guess!

Re: How about a 1969 Change of Habit album?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Ouch, I'm so sorry for this :oops: Of course it was Let Us Pray