Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question about EIC

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 am

I've reading you guys for a while and I've learnt that some releases cannot be mentioned on this board.
The quality on this video is the best I've seen, does it look to you as taken from one of those releases that cannot be mentioned?
Thanks

phpBB [video]

Re: Question about EIC

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:13 am

best picture quality I have ever seen, to bad the performance isn`t :wink:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:48 am

Here we go again.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 am

Actually it is not that bad of performance if you don't watch.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 am

Yup, seems like it's from "The Final Curtain".

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 am

That footage is totally Elvis In Concert and not CBS tapes. That's why the quality is so good. Thanks for starting a worthless, valueless thread.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:08 pm

fg76 wrote:Actually it is not that bad of performance if you don't watch.

really?

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hUY#t=120s

God bless youtube!

::rocks

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:40 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

really?

I always liked this version of Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel. The problem with Elvis was at his worst - he still could sing. He just never would have been famous if he had started out like that.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks for the clip Ipa.
To me it seems like it contains some alternate camera angles with wide views on the audience and venue.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 am

fg76 wrote:The problem with Elvis was at his worst - he still could sing.

Not in that clip.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am

lpa wrote:I've reading you guys for a while and I've learnt that some releases cannot be mentioned on this board.

I'm not aware of any such thing. Which releases would those be?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 am

fg76 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

really?

I always liked this version of Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel. The problem with Elvis was at his worst - he still could sing. He just never would have been famous if he had started out like that.

No, the problem with any singer or musician at their worst is that their music has little value.

That June 1977 clip is a textbook example: two classic, #1 hits, halfheartedly sung in a 120-second medley. Yet the music matters not; all the fans want are some scarves. What a waste.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:18 am

We have to deal wit that fact. Can't change history.
Still good to have footage for the sake of collecting.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:39 am

Edwin wrote:We have to deal wit that fact. Can't change history.
Still good to have footage for the sake of collecting.

True. I fully embrace that philosophy.

Let's begin by collecting all the great performances on video and film from 1955-1975 first.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:57 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

really?

No, the problem with any singer or musician at their worst is that their music has little value.

That June 1977 clip is a textbook example: two classic, #1 hits, halfheartedly sung in a 120-second medley. Yet the music matters not; all the fans want are some scarves. What a waste.

So your blaming the fans ?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 am

When somebody finds a TV video of Elvis singing from 1975, I will stop loving Elvis In Concert 1977.

He might sound like 90 in Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - but it still sounds good.

And it still isn't as painful as College Park.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:37 am

fg76 wrote:He might sound like 90 in Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - but it still sounds good.

If this is "good", what is bad?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:54 am

Matthew wrote:
fg76 wrote:The problem with Elvis was at his worst - he still could sing.

Not in that clip.

Were you using headphones?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:51 am

stevelecher wrote:That footage is totally Elvis In Concert and not CBS tapes.

what's the difference? I thought EIC was taped by CBS.
stevelecher wrote: why the quality is so good. Thanks for starting a worthless, valueless thread.

Oh, you're perfectly welcome. I'm sorry I can't compete with your million dollar threads.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 am

Matthew wrote:
fg76 wrote:He might sound like 90 in Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - but it still sounds good.

Did Elvis ever give a bad performance? Please.
He was on fire that night in Omaha.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 am

Matthew wrote:

How Great Thou Art from September 28, 1974 - especially when his voice goes out

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:56 am

rocknroller wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

really?

I don't know about him, but *I* believe there is fan culpability. This has happened in the case of other stars who crashed and burned, too. They REFUSE to see it, and the star is under the impression that he is pleasing them. And he is, sadly.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:31 pm

rjm wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

really?

I don't know about him, but *I* believe there is fan culpability. This has happened in the case of other stars who crashed and burned, too. They REFUSE to see it, and the star is under the impression that he is pleasing them. And he is, sadly.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thats why i asked rjm your right if the fans stopped going to elvis's show's then maybe he would have done something about the poor show's and got himself sorted out.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm

rocknroller wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

really?

Indeed! Unbelievable.

What dr. crap don't seem to understand, the people/audience didn't have the knowledge/facts that are known now (present day) about EP's situation as a whole, in 1977.

You can put the man down over and over again, about EIC. It will never change history.