Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Catalogue remixed ?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Now we have the definitive [in our lifetimes] CM SET, can u see a smaller project where some of the catalogue gets an overdue remixing, im thinking movies, some 70s releases, a few concerts [EIC perhaps] ?

Re: Catalogue remixed ?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Many releases already out there feature the material remixed. EG, "The Memphis record", "30 no.1 hits", "Double features" and others. Albums like "Promised Land" have seen remix cd releases.
And I don't think there's any need for any further remixing; many songs are sounding different from release to release these days. An example would be take 1 of "Little cabin on the hill" and take 4 of "Love me, love the life I lead". These were totally 'remixed' (ruined) when re-released on FTD releases.
Agreed, "Elvis in concert" needs some kind of remix as it was awful sound quality the first time round.
Also, the CM box set is hardly definitive; many of the tracks sound better on earlier releases.
Last edited by Tony.. on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Not even the TODAY album, or the MEMPHIS 74 ?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Not even the TODAY album, or the MEMPHIS 74 ?

Memphis 74 was ruined on FTD because of the dreaded overloaded reverb, but you have "5th time around" which sounds better, or the original LP. "Today" sounds ok to me.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Tony.. wrote:
dennyelvis wrote:Not even the TODAY album, or the MEMPHIS 74 ?

Memphis 74 was ruined on FTD because of the dreaded overloaded reverb, but you have "5th time around" which sounds better, or the original LP. "Today" sounds ok to me.

It wasn't Lene Riedel 's doing was it ?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 pm

I think everything is a matter of taste. I personally like the FTD Live on Stage in Memphis. I think Sony should put the market maybe 10 or 15 original titles remixed, would be something interesting to the new generation of fans. I do not think Fifth Time Around has sound better than the Live On Stage In Memphis FTD, this last one FTD worked directly with the multitrack tapes, I doubt Audionics has the multitrack tapes.