Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

August 28th Midnight Show 1969

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 am

Hi guys,

I'v got a recording of either the dinner show or the midnite show

from what i can hear the following people are in the audience Elvis introduces them before In The Ghetto

Nancy Sinatra-

Tom Jones-my close friend one of the most fantastic entertainers in the world

Shelley Fabares-Id like to introduce a young lady that i'v done 3 pictures with she's one of the loveliest people i'v ever met man id like you to say hello to Shelley Fabarest(anyone asked her about watching Elvis live ? )

Buddy Haggert -When i was in the Army he wrote me a letter in Germany i was up in the snow in the Russian boarder man... guy wrote me a letter he was looking after my best friend in chicago...

does anyone know if this would be dinner show or midnight ?

Set List from what was on the tape

Love me tender
Jailhouse rock
Don't be cruel
Heartbreak hotel
Elvis talks
Hound Dog
I can't stop loving you
my babe
Elvis talks
Mystery Train/Tiger man
Elvis talks-for ages
baby what you want me to do
runaway
are you lonesome tonight
Words
yesterday/Hey Jude
band Intro
In the ghetto
suspious minds
what id say
cant help falling in love
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OnTourCam on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: August 28th Midnight Show 1969

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 am

Buddy Haggert or Buddy Hackett the comedian?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:40 am

im not sure but who ever it was the crowd went nuts for

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 am

OnTourCam wrote:im not sure but who ever it was the crowd went nuts for

Im sure it was Buddy Hackett, the raunchy stand-up comic. He was huge in Vegas.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 pm

OnTourCam wrote:Hi guys,

from what i can hear the following people are in the audience Elvis introduces them before In The Ghetto

Nancy Sinatra-

Shelley Fabares-Id like to introduce a young lady that i'v done 3 pictures with she's one of the loveliest people i'v ever met man id like you to say hello to Shelley Fabarest(anyone asked her about watching Elvis live ? )

Buddy Haggert -When i was in the Army he wrote me a letter in Germany i was up in the snow in the Russian boarder man... guy wrote me a letter he was looking after my best friend in chicago...

Love me tender
Jailhouse rock
Don't be cruel
Heartbreak hotel
Elvis talks
Hound Dog
I can't stop loving you
my babe
Elvis talks
Mystery Train/Tiger man
Elvis talks-for ages
runaway
are you lonesome tonight
Words
yesterday/Hey Jude
band Intro
In the ghetto
suspious minds
what id say

Seems to me you have a copy of the audience tape of the 8-25-1969 MS.

No recordings of the closing show are known to exist.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks for the info John

How did you know that ?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm

OnTourCam wrote:Thanks for the info John

How did you know that ?

Google?? :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Most set lists were the same..we need audio to compare..all other is speculation..

You can send me the piece as cdr and I will check..or send me a sample of the intros..
or put one online..

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:59 pm

august 25 1969 midnight show

Blue Suede Shoes-I Got A Woman-All Shook Up-Love Me Tender-Jailhouse Rock/Don't Be Cruel-Heartbreak Hotel-Hound Dog-I Can't Stop Loving You-My Babe-Mystery Train/Tiger Man- Monoloque About His Life And Career-Baby,What You Want Me To Do-Runaway-Are You Lonesome Tonight-Words (Incomplete, Intro Is Missing)-Yesterday/Hey Jude-Introductions-Introduction Nancy Sinatra,Mac Davis,Buddy Haggard,Tom Jones, Shelley Fabares-In The Ghetto-Suspicious Minds-What'd I Say-Polk Salad Annie (1 Line)-Can't Help Falling In Love.

Released On: Blue Suede Shoes-All Shook Up-Hound Dog-I Can’t Stop loving You-My Babe-Mystery Train/Tiger man-Words (Elvis In Person).
I Got A Woman (Bootleg CD Good Times Never Seemed So Good) –undubbed version-.Blue Suede Shoes (Bootleg CD Winner Back In Vegas). Blue Suede Shoes (Bootleg CD Vegas Memories).

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:11 pm

OnTourCam wrote:Hi guys,

Nancy Sinatra-

Love me tender
Jailhouse rock
Don't be cruel
Heartbreak hotel
Elvis talks
Hound Dog
I can't stop loving you
my babe
Elvis talks
Mystery Train/Tiger man
Elvis talks-for ages
runaway
are you lonesome tonight
Words
yesterday/Hey Jude
band Intro
In the ghetto
suspious minds
what id say

If that is an original tape and they dated it accurately, then I too, would assume it to be the midnight show from the 28th, since the person wrote on the tape the 29th.
But the 1969 shows are tough to date unless you have the audio to hear.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 pm

OnTourCam wrote:Thanks for the info John

How did you know that ?

I'm a fan.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:03 am

Iwonder how many shows from 69 exist but never been released on any format?
What about more soundboards exist unreleased?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Here is the tracklist for the 28-08-69 dinner show; the circulating tape is with a very poor sound.

Blue suede shoes - I got a woman - All shook up - Love me tender - Jailhouse rock/Don't be cruel - Heartbreak hotel - Hound dog - I can't stop lovin' you - Mystery train/ Tiger man – Elvis talks - Baby what you want me to do – Loving you – One night – Love me - Yesterday/Hey Jude - Introductions - In the ghetto - Suspicious minds – Can't help fallin' in love

colonel snow

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am

colonel snow wrote:Here is the tracklist for the 28-08-69 dinner show; the circulating tape is with a very poor sound.

Blue suede shoes - I got a woman - All shook up - Love me tender - Jailhouse rock/Don't be cruel - Heartbreak hotel - Hound dog - I can't stop lovin' you - Mystery train/ Tiger man – Elvis talks - Baby what you want me to do – Loving you – One night – Love me - Yesterday/Hey Jude - Introductions - In the ghetto - Suspicious minds – Can't help fallin' in love

colonel snow

What "circulating tape"?

The known track list is apparently taken from a review, not a recording.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 am

This is interesting and indeed i would love to hear ANY listenable tape from 28th August 1969~! :D

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
colonel snow wrote:Here is the tracklist for the 28-08-69 dinner show; the circulating tape is with a very poor sound.

colonel snow

What "circulating tape"?

The known track list is apparently taken from a review, not a recording.

I also have my doubts, John..

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 pm

I do have one night & Love Me from 1969 on the pa label thou? which indeed sucks in sound

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:39 pm

I don't believe that only Loving you - One night - Love me were recorded because they were "rare " in aug. 1969, Besides I once had this concert in the 80's but it was terrible poor so I errased it.

colonel snow

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:57 pm

The last recordings i have from this season are from the 27th date.. unknown if it ds or ms is...guess it could be the ds, as the first part is dated that way.

It's now or never(part)-Loving you(part)-One night-Love me-Baby what you want me to do(incomplete)-Runaway-I can't stop loving you(incomplete)-Johnny B Goode-Suspicious minds-What d'i say.

Sound is pretty poor, but better this then nothing.

I had no clue about an exsisting 28th recording, would like to hear it, regardless the quality.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:49 pm

JohanD wrote:The last recordings i have from this season are from the 27th date.. unknown if it ds or ms is...guess it could be the ds, as the first part is dated that way.

It's now or never(part)-Loving you(part)-One night-Love me-Baby what you want me to do(incomplete)-Runaway-I can't stop loving you(incomplete)-Johnny B Goode-Suspicious minds-What d'i say.

Sound is pretty poor, but better this then nothing.

I had no clue about an exsisting 28th recording, would like to hear it, regardless the quality.

Johan..I have these recordings, too..you have more from this show..?

Henk,..I am not aware of a complete AR from August 28, 1969..can you organise a copy for me..regardless sound..?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 pm

This is all what i have Cisco....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm

I see..it`s a patchwork..including the 6 songs that I also have as undated..I doubt that all other songs besides these and the released ones are from the show in question..we`d have to compare..

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:04 pm

I traded this 28-08-69 D concert with a Canadian fan in the early 80's; as the concert was very poor of sound I decided to errase the tape and recorded it over with other music. I notice the tracklist in case I come across a better copy but this never happened.

It's now or never is from 27-08-69 (dinner or midnight)

colonel snow

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:39 pm

colonel snow wrote:I traded this 28-08-69 D concert with a Canadian fan in the early 80's; as the concert was very poor of sound I decided to errase the tape and recorded it over with other music. I notice the tracklist in case I come across a better copy but this never happened.

It seems very likely that what you had was not a tape from the 8-28-1969 DS.

Sadly, since you erased it, we'll never be able to confirm this for certain. ;-)