Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 am

I can't recall the show, but elvis recounts a story shortly after C C Rider about a fan he met at a football game. The fan was surprised that Elvis actually used the bathroom, " I thought you didn't do that", she said.

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 am

hmm its not a stage moment but from a interview during a football game in august '75: the guy keeps annoyingly pushing by saying to elvis ''so you would give me a cadillac to elvis, Hey elvis u goin to get me a cadillac too??? and elvis simply answers ''That wasnt me that was a other guy'' hahaha great way to deal with that situation

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 1:19 am

"I can't throw it that far, honey... unless I put a rock in it."

March 20, 1974
Memphis, Tennessee
Last edited by elvis-fan on Sat May 25, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 2:59 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:The April Fool's Day show where after the opening show Elvis goes straight into Can't help falling in love, the audience making sounds of disappointment for a real short show and then Elvis laughing saying "Fooled ya!".



What is the exact date of this show and is it on CD?

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 3:06 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:The April Fool's Day show where after the opening show Elvis goes straight into Can't help falling in love, the audience making sounds of disappointment for a real short show and then Elvis laughing saying "Fooled ya!".

Actually, that happened in December 1975 and not April.

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 3:32 am

Johnny2523 wrote:hmm its not a stage moment but from a interview during a football game in august '75: the guy keeps annoyingly pushing by saying to elvis ''so you would give me a cadillac to elvis, Hey elvis u goin to get me a cadillac too??? and elvis simply answers ''That wasnt me that was a other guy'' hahaha great way to deal with that situation


I seem to recall a show where Elvs was late to arrive, and so after C C Rider, he explains the reason for his tardiness as having to make a quick visit to the bathroom. He then recites the story of the lady he met at a football game.

I know the interview you are referring to and I may be getting it confused with that. It wouldn't be the first time I've remembered something incorrectly. As I get older, it's an hourly occurrence.

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sat May 25, 2013 3:56 am

mick967 wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:hmm its not a stage moment but from a interview during a football game in august '75: the guy keeps annoyingly pushing by saying to elvis ''so you would give me a cadillac to elvis, Hey elvis u goin to get me a cadillac too??? and elvis simply answers ''That wasnt me that was a other guy'' hahaha great way to deal with that situation


I seem to recall a show where Elvs was late to arrive, and so after C C Rider, he explains the reason for his tardiness as having to make a quick visit to the bathroom. He then recites the story of the lady he met at a football game.

I know the interview you are referring to and I may be getting it confused with that. It wouldn't be the first time I've remembered something incorrectly. As I get older, it's an hourly occurrence.


August 19, 1975 MS
Las Vegas, NA

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 1:11 pm

from one of the Shaver books.

Elvis had leaned over to kiss some girls at the edge of the stage and in the mad scramble to touch and kiss him, a few strands of the girl's hair got wrapped around one of the buttons on his sleeve. But it was not her real hair, it was a wig. It would have been better for her had it been her real hair, cause when he stood up and moved away he pulled the wig completely off her head. There he stood for a moment with this heary thing hanging off his sleeve. Well, you know how Elvis reacted to something like this. First he looked down at his arm as if to say, "What is this ?" Then in mock horror he screamed, "What in the hell is attacking my arm ?" He than began beating at the wig with his other hand. He brought his left hand up towards his face, acting as if the "heary beast" was trying to bite him ; all the while using his right hand to fight off the "monster." After a battle that lasted several seconds, he stopped and looked out at the audience with a serious look on his face. "I think I killed it," he said. Than he lifted it up and let it fall back down, lifeless. Laughing, Elvis unwound the hair from his button and handed it back to the embarrassed girl. But he was so amused over the incident that he couldn't sing. Every time he looked over towards where the girl sat, he began laughing uncontrollably. Finally he collapsed in laughter and fell down flat on his back where he finished the song. After getting back to his feet he walked over and handed the girl a scarf and said to her, "Here, tie the damn thing down with this." With that remark Elvis broke up again.

If this is a true story I think it was pretty funny.

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 1:30 pm

One thing that cracked me up was when during the opening vamp JD Sumner, instead of going "aahhhhhhhhh", gives a giant burp!

Wasn't there another episode in which Elvis hears this thundeous "Eeeellviiiis" from somebody in the audience and he says something like "It's the voice of the Lord calling!"?

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Lohmax wrote:One thing that cracked me up was when during the opening vamp JD Sumner, instead of going "aahhhhhhhhh", gives a giant burp!

Wasn't there another episode in which Elvis hears this thundeous "Eeeellviiiis" from somebody in the audience and he says something like "It's the voice of the Lord calling!"?


the last quote comes from the omaha june 19 1977 show

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 2:35 pm

The explosion of the loudspeaker in Chicago on June 17, 1972 during the AS where Elvis then says.."who shot me ?.. :lol:

Some times in February 1970 ...."I like to introduce the members of my band.."James this is John".. :lol:

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Elvis after a kick ass Ronnie Tutt drumsolo in 1975:

"Ronnie thinks it's his wife!"

8)

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm

elvis-fan wrote:"I can't throw it that far, honey... unless I put a rock in it."

March 20, 1974
Memphis, Tennessee


Always tickles me to. I've always enjoyed the `tutt, shieff ` gag. And can't remember the gig but someone shouts don't be cruel and Elvis responds quick as a flash with I ain't gonna be!

:-)

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Wasn`t it Lake Tahoe, May 1, 1976 when an impersonator entered the stage and sang a line of Hound Dog..?

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Look what is he doing 3:01 and 3:12
phpBB [video]

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 pm

.... perhaps seeing if he had torn his suit????

rlj

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 pm

rlj4ep wrote:.... perhaps seeing if he had torn his suit????

rlj

No smelling his armpits and then looking at the band members

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Tue May 28, 2013 5:43 pm

4-6-75 - One more (feedback) and this (microphone) goes up your friend

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Erhan wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:.... perhaps seeing if he had torn his suit????

rlj

No smelling his armpits and then looking at the band members



I could have gone all day without reading that after just finishing my lunch.... :wtf: :roll:



The actual answer to that is: "He's simply (and sadly) saying goodbye to the fans.....for the last time.

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 pm

tcb4 wrote:hi

i dont really remember what was the Funniest thing that happened on stage for you know who .....

could you refresh my memory ? 8)


Yes. VOICE left J.D's Upholstry shop in Nashville and went to Vegas with Elvis and went on tour with the show also.

The whole situation was truly hilarious.