Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

elvis sunset to las vegas cd

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:51 pm

need help i would like to know where i can hear the dialogue where elvis is talking about the n------- . i bought mine from shop elvis and also bought one from Europe
to me there both the same. i would like to know where i can hear this and compare, is the dialogue the full 1:21 sec ?
thanks

Re: elvis sunset to las vegas cd

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

unfortunately sony ftd released a second print with short version of this dialogue, first print had longer dialogue :cry:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 pm

HI thanks was the short version available in europe also ?or just for the usa version

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:55 pm

elvis65 wrote:HI thanks was the short version available in europe also ?or just for the usa version

The second print was just that - a second print, not specific to one region.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm

do you know where i can here the long version

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 pm

You can buy it here:

http://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/index ... t_id=16917

:mrgreen: :smt006

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:24 pm

elvis65 wrote:do you know where i can here the long version

Check pm's

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 pm

elvis65 wrote:need help i would like to know where i can hear the dialogue where elvis is talking about the n------- . i bought mine from shop elvis and also bought one from Europe
to me there both the same. i would like to know where i can hear this and compare, is the dialogue the full 1:21 sec ?
thanks

"the dialogue where elvis is talking about the n------- . "?

There is no such dialogue where Elvis talks "about the n------- ."

He does attempt to define an racial epithet. But you're not missing anything of importance.

As a wise man once wrote:

Rob wrote:This is not one of Elvis' brighter moments on stage. I cringe each time I hear it. But that was Elvis in the summer and fall of '74.

Unfortunately.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:52 pm

He was doing a Redd Foxx joke actually. [Yep, I have to admit I have heard some of Redd Foxx's comedy earlier in my life.] Why a strung-out Elvis thought he needed to do one during his August tour is beyond me. Elvis was saying a lot of whacked out stuff during the last week of the tour and it came to a head for the Sept 2, 1974 closing show. It didn't get better either. He attempted to start a Karate movie, and then College Park happened. I'm surprised he got somewhat clean again before falling off the wagon for good in August 75.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:21 pm

fg76 wrote:He was doing a Redd Foxx joke actually.

What joke would that be, and where may one hear it?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 pm

fg76 wrote:He was doing a Redd Foxx joke actually. [Yep, I have to admit I have heard some of Redd Foxx's comedy earlier in my life.] Why a strung-out Elvis thought he needed to do one during his August tour is beyond me. Elvis was saying a lot of whacked out stuff during the last week of the tour and it came to a head for the Sept 2, 1974 closing show. It didn't get better either. He attempted to start a Karate movie, and then College Park happened. I'm surprised he got somewhat clean again before falling off the wagon for good in August 75.

You're crazy if you think he was "clean" in early/mid 1975.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 pm

stevelecher wrote:
fg76 wrote:He was doing a Redd Foxx joke actually. [Yep, I have to admit I have heard some of Redd Foxx's comedy earlier in my life.] Why a strung-out Elvis thought he needed to do one during his August tour is beyond me. Elvis was saying a lot of whacked out stuff during the last week of the tour and it came to a head for the Sept 2, 1974 closing show. It didn't get better either. He attempted to start a Karate movie, and then College Park happened. I'm surprised he got somewhat clean again before falling off the wagon for good in August 75.

You're crazy if you think he was "clean" in early/mid 1975.

He wasn't "clean" by any means. He was just more "dry" than he would have been if it wasn't for the hospital stay in Jan. That' s why I said "somewhat clean." He was never fully off the stuff, we all know that.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:He was doing a Redd Foxx joke actually.

What joke would that be, and where may one hear it?

It's on the CD - Redd Foxx - Live and Funny - Vol. 1 - It's pretty raunchy material, but he makes the "lazy and shiftless" joke and compares it to white people on "Hee Haw."