Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FTD

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 am

I was just ripping the two volumes of The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard CD's to my hard drive tonight.
I realize there have been several bootlegs and Sony issued product containing rehearsal tracks from the
July 14-15 / July 24 / July 29 / Aug 4 / Aug 7 rehearsal dates... I believe including all of these tracks together
would make an outstanding FTD release. Now that we have all but one of the live shows released, it would
be nice to have an official go-to set for all of the rehearsal numbers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TTWII - The Complete Rehearsals... would make a great FT

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 pm

100 agree with you on this.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm

elvis-fan wrote: I believe including all of these tracks together
would make an outstanding FTD release. Now that we have all but one of the live shows released, it would

2 are still unreleased by BMG but available on boots.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:09 pm

KingElvis wrote:
elvis-fan wrote: I believe including all of these tracks together

2 are still unreleased by BMG but available on boots.

Oh I thought we had the two August 12th shows for some reason...

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

100% yes.
But it would be too much for a boxset. They could release them rehearsal wise as single projects. I think some smart editing could skip the silent spaces on the tapes. Same goes for the On Tour 30/31 march mock sesions and 5 april Buffalo rehearsal. Madison took a good try with these sessions but sometimes Elvis is not audible.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Agree with ya 100/00 - Its surely a great era for Elvis - Love ta see these as FTD Cds - Elvis voice during this era was great and the songs were good too - He put his heart an soul into evry song he had a challenge with and he surely achieved them -Love his voice n song delivery in all he did and achieved - He surely is The King 4 Ever - Amen -to me and many others -
Love the era and thread -

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 am

Great era in the King's career for sure but it's this duplication of previously released bootlegs and previously released BMG tracks that will kill the FTD label. I used to buy every release but even a diehard like me is getting disappointed with FTD duplications and as a result I've become more selective in my purchases as have a lot of other fans I know.
I don't believe that a box set of TTWII recordings will sell if most of us collectors already own the majority of it on one release or another. A single cd of what has never been out on boot or official will definitely work for me.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 am

lucio wrote:Great era in the King's career for sure but it's this duplication of previously released bootlegs and previously released BMG tracks that will kill the FTD label. I used to buy every release but even a diehard like me is getting disappointed with FTD duplications and as a result I've become more selective in my purchases as have a lot of other fans I know.
I don't believe that a box set of TTWII recordings will sell if most of us collectors already own the majority of it on one release or another. A single cd of what has never been out on boot or official will definitely work for me.

As I stated in my original post, there has never been an official release of all of these rehearsals for TTWII by RCA/BMG/Sony... so your point about duplication is off the mark... and if you think a collection of RCA stereo rehearsal recordings from the summer of 1970 on FTD wouldn't sell, I would have to strongly disagree with you.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

I've said for years that I don't understand why FTD never released "The Brightest Star" rehearsal.

Ken Jensen previously mentioned on the forum that FTD is not going to release any more TTWII rehearsal audio. But he never mentioned the reason that Ernst gave.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm not sure if FTD would release "Stranger In My Own Home Town" uncut. I would imagine they would use the edited version from the "70's Masters" box if the rehearsal was ever issued.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Ftd label is for the fans i thought we get what we want on the ftd label?Im like u guys release the ttwii sessions on ftd Ernst thats what we want so give it to us please.no more compilations like Elvis hits of the 70s which could have been done on the Sony mainstream not wasting a ftd release on it.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Sorry, guys.

I can't make myself do it.