Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
ep2
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Elvis and Queen

Post by ep2 »

just watching an doc. about Queen and see they were touring in the USA in the seventies....did elvis ever said anything about Queen...................???

brian
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Elvis and Queen

Post by brian »

No.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

ep2 wrote:just watching an doc. about Queen and see they were touring in the USA in the seventies....did elvis ever said anything about Queen...................???
Some say Elvis enjoyed blasting "Bohemian Rhapsody" while riding around Memphis in his Stutz.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

flamingstar81
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Mood:

Post by flamingstar81 »

I'm not aware of any reference to queen from Elvis but a one-liner of BoRap from Elvis would be an amazing find for me!

Elvis and Queen are my two ultimate favourites in music, I never tire of hearing either. The vocal range and stage presence both Elvis and Freddie Mercury had were amazing, I have great respect for both men.

Freddie sang Jailhouse rock live as early as 1974 and here's a nice version from Montreal in 1981:
- Note the unique Freddie-crowd interaction towards the end :D

"The image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image, I'll put it that way"

Elvis at the New York Madison Square Garden press conference, June 9th, 1972.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

What about E.L.O. Did Elvis dig ELO ?

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

I seem to recall after Elvis passed away... Queen rented out his airplane the Lisa Marie to tour in!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

If that it's true, Elvis could have rent his planes in 1976 and 1977 to make a lot of money because he needed more cash.

dreambear
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by dreambear »

flamingstar81 wrote:I'm not aware of any reference to queen from Elvis but a one-liner of BoRap from Elvis would be an amazing find for me!

Elvis and Queen are my two ultimate favourites in music, I never tire of hearing either. The vocal range and stage presence both Elvis and Freddie Mercury had were amazing, I have great respect for both men.

Freddie sang Jailhouse rock live as early as 1974 and here's a nice version from Montreal in 1981:
- Note the unique Freddie-crowd interaction towards the end :D
Freddie was an amazing vocalist. What we sometimes forget, is that their drummer, Roger Taylor, had/has a brutal vocal range. Lot´s of the highest notes on different Queen recordings, are from Roger. Brian May also had a nice voice. "39" from "A night at the opera" is a good example. Important to know that vocal range isn´t always the same as good singing.

By the way: Paul McCartney has wider vocal range than any of the above mentioned.

Queen are almost the only group that all four member wrote world wide hits/classics:

Freddie Mercury: Bohemian Rahpsody, We are the champions, Crazy little thing called love etc.
Brian May: We will rock you, Now I´m here, The show must go on etc.
John Deacon: You´re my best friend, Another one bites the dust, I wan´t to break free etc.
Roger Taylor: Radio ga ga, A kind of magic, These are the days of our lives etc.

luke1

Post by luke1 »

JEFF d wrote:I seem to recall after Elvis passed away... Queen rented out his airplane the Lisa Marie to tour in!

JEFF d
EP fan

that is right. I think it was late 1977 that they rented the Lisa Marie while touring. It is also mentioned in a Queen biografy.

The song ' Crazy little thing called love ' also has an Elvis link. I think it was written as a tribute to him.

elmonstro
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by elmonstro »

Some say Elvis enjoyed blasting "Bohemian Rhapsody" while riding around Memphis in his Stutz.
THIS has just made my day. :D

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by rocknroller »

flamingstar81 wrote: Elvis and Queen are my two ultimate favourites in music, I never tire of hearing either. The vocal range and stage presence both Elvis and Freddie Mercury had were amazing, I have great respect for both men.

Me too :smt023 freddie was a fan of elvis im sure i read that somewhere and crazy little thing called love & man on the prowl was his go at the elvis sound.

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/VFcWzT-nE8U.

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/pFqh3NauwxE.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

elmonstro

Post by elmonstro »

If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

rocknroller wrote:
elmonstro wrote:If you close your eyes and then your ears...and then drive very very far away...then have a total lobotomy, then then bury yourself at sea, somewhere deep like underneath the Titanic, which I admit could be a challenge after that lobotomy but just saying suppose you did all that - then you could almost think this was Elvis singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Well maybe he goes downhill after the first second and a half cos that's all I was able to endure. Why do people this awful DO these things???

WOW what a knob ! turned it off after 6 seconds thats all i could endure !!! bet he is a member of Tcb-World smt174
Man on the prowl was far far far better

-instagram kenh1964

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

I love both ken but crazy little thing was massive song for them a no 1 in america and top 10 here. Man on the prowl was an album filler that said did queen do album fillers ? probably not !!!

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

I think the more important question is: What the f$#% is he doing with that coat rack???

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

elvis-fan wrote:

I think the more important question is: What the f$#% is he doing with that coat rack???
Its a microphone ! Dooh :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Topic author
ep2
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by ep2 »

I find it so strange......the all had music clips....."Bohemian Rhapsody" etc and Elvis......not 1 !!!!!!!!!!

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by tcb4 »

on elvis funerals, colonel said 'the show must go on' and queen did a song from this story ...

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by tcb4 »

crazy little things was surely inspired of elvis early songs ....

dreambear
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by dreambear »

rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

I love both ken but crazy little thing was massive song for them a no 1 in america and top 10 here. Man on the prowl was an album filler that said did queen do album fillers ? probably not !!!
I love Queen, but they did do their fillers. Depending of taste of course, but "Hot space" from 1982 have quite a few. Even "News of the world", "A kind of magic", "The works" and The miracle" have one or two less inspired tracks on them

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

rocknroller wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

Its a microphone ! Dooh :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

dreambear wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

I love Queen, but they did do their fillers. Depending of taste of course, but "Hot space" from 1982 have quite a few. Even "News of the world", "A kind of magic", "The works" and The miracle" have one or two less inspired tracks on them

your right i forgot about hot space awful album(what was freddie thinking) but the other 4 albums i love all the songs and the works has always been my fav queen album !!!

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

tcb4 wrote:on elvis funerals, colonel said 'the show must go on' and queen did a song from this story ...

Really ? did not know that ! what an amazing song !!!

elmonstro

Post by elmonstro »

Hot Space was a direct result of the success Queen had with Another One Bites The Dust in 1980. Number 1 in the USA and their biggest hit worldwide, bigger than Bohemian Rhapsody if you can believe that. Freddie wanted to go down the black/funk route for a whole album and dragged the rest of the unconvinced band with him. Brian May was certainly not keen! Bugger all guitar on Hot Space! Brian, Roger and Freddie's personal assistant have since stated that Freddie was being influenced in a very bad way at the time by another personal assistant called Paul Prenter. If you want to see how this influence manifested itself just check out the video for Queen's Body Language which came from the Hot Space album. It's basically a solo recording and the video was 100& Freddie. You can imagine how the rest of the band felt about appearing in it.... I think egos were out of control with the band and the band were not getting along throughout the recording of Hot Space and a substandard album was the result. Having said that I don't mind the album and certainly prefer it to The Miracle which IS a bad album full of nasty drum machines, lacklustre song writing and terrible 80's production. Freddie had less input into this album than any other as he was concentrating on Barcelona at the time and had also recently been diagnosed with full blown AIDS. :( His mind was on other things. When he got his focus and commitment to the band back he was able to end his career on a high with the vastly superior Innuendo album. When Freddie really showed up for work Queen's music really shone. I really miss his presence in the world. By the way Peter Freestone recently said in his blog that Freddie Mercury put two singers on a pedestal - John Lennon and Elvis.