Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: How accurate is Keith Flynn's Elvis Presley pages is?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 pm

A recent example of how fans work together..

While working on Another Saturday and contacting some people who know I found out that most of the songs on the silver box from the 1975 show are in fact from Dallas June 6, 1975 and not taken from Shreveport AS the day after..Keith read the infos somewhere and contacted me whether this was true or not and amended his records right away..the same goes for some take numbers..sometimes it`s just typos....sh*t happens..

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 am

Credit due where it is deserved, Cisco, thanks for pointing this out by this example, and certainly it should be said, rightfully so, that new information doesn't just fall out of the sky, but constantly comes from people like you, Ernst and others.

Rome wasn't built in one day and fitting the giant Elvis puzzle of recordings together is a work from different experts, combining their knowledge. ::rocks

Ciscoking wrote:A recent example of how fans work together..

While working on Another Saturday and contacting some people who know I found out that most of the songs on the silver box from the 1975 show are in fact from Dallas June 6, 1975 and not taken from Shreveport AS the day after..Keith read the infos somewhere and contacted me whether this was true or not and amended his records right away..the same goes for some take numbers..sometimes it`s just typos....sh*t happens..

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 am

robg wrote:Exactly as I asked earlier

You mean as E-1 asked earlier, right? If you're going to be so brazen (aka. stupid) about parading around the forum with multiple login names perhaps you ought to educate yourself with forum policy about that and then start lining up your next (set) of logins just incase!

As for the website in question: a great, invaluable online resource for Presley fans.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 am

Ciscoking wrote:When I have contacted him about errors or whatever he immediately amended the bugs when it was necessary.

SAME HERE.
Great responses and as speedy as one can hope, plus Keith is always willing to share.

An AGENDA is, once again, showing through...

Cheers, Piers

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.” ― Bertrand Russell.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 pm

E-1 is as robg does! Don't worry, if you're not around I'm sure you'll be back with another login to overcome your (next) banning, er, "holiday". Have a blast!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:09 pm

In the meantime, still no additional info from Johnny Crap, whether KF pages are accurate or not.

Tick-tock, tick-tock........................

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 am

Ciscoking wrote:When I have contacted him about errors or whatever he immeditaly amended the bugs when it was necessary.

That's nice. However, this forum has noted some inaccuracies, but they have not been amended. For those who crave details, a simple search will turn up what they are.

Anyway, this was why I quite succinctly replied to the OP with:

drjohncarpenter wrote:In general, the site is accurate on those details. So update your iTunes with impunity.

In other areas, it is not spot-on.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 am

I find it a handy reference site...nicely laid out. :D

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:When I have contacted him about errors or whatever he immeditaly amended the bugs when it was necessary.

That's nice. However, this forum has noted some inaccuracies, but they have not been amended. For those who crave details, a simple search will turn up what they are.

Anyway, this was why I quite succinctly replied to the OP with:

drjohncarpenter wrote:In general, the site is accurate on those details. So update your iTunes with impunity.

In other areas, it is not spot-on.

Well done Doc you have finally come back with a lame answer, as pointed out by everyone else they have contacted Keith direct, which is very easy to do.
You sum up your post so well "this forum has noted inaccuracies", this forum is Keith Flynn this form is you Doc or so you would like everyone to believe, so since you are the supposed king around here and you are so fluent at posting posts from the past, and brining them up, why don’t you dig them all out ad post them here.
As Keith doesn’t come here too often, I wonder why that is again? but I am sure one of us helpful fans can forward your noted mistakes? As you seem to shy!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm not going to wade into this muck, but I'll dip my toe in.

One example of an alleged error on Keith Flynn's site that I can recall someone on this forum posting may as well have been provided in the form of a riddle.

The problem was (deliberately, I'm sure) left unclear.

I don't have time for such foolishness and never did do much to figure out what the point was.

Maybe Keith did and couldn't, or maybe he figured it out and fixed it, or maybe he wrote it all of for what it was -- an attempt to belittle and annoy him.

All I can say is that when I've seen people behave maturely and deliver corrections to Keith directly and coherently, he has dealt with them promptly.

As we can tell from this thread, that seems to be others' experience, too.

I'm sure there may be exceptions; there almost always are in life.

That's all from me.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 pm

It's pretty simple really.

If anyone is aware of an error on Keith's site, or knows of anything not 'spot on', post the details here & they'll get passed on.

Now, there's a challenge !

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 am

elvissessions wrote:I'm sure there may be exceptions; there almost always are in life.

Very astute observation!

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvissessions wrote:I'm sure there may be exceptions; there almost always are in life.

Very astute observation!

Very tipical answer! going nowhere fast. great just cut paste and add a touch of colour. :smt007 :smt007

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 am

As far as content, I don't know personally if Keith's opinion/research is near a 100 percent accurate but I can just only trust you guys opinions that keith's website is accurate. As far as track listings, I notice he skipped a few songs in some areas. I think I noticed it in Frankie And Johnny soundtrack or Girl Happy. I am not sure but I seen a few flaws in that area.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm

The GRM titles (reissues) of two August 1972 shows are not mentioned, Summer Festival Continues at Full Blast, and Hilton's All Shook Up. These:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/cd/at_f ... _cds.shtml

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Justintoelvis wrote:As far as content, I don't know personally if Keith's opinion/research is near a 100 percent accurate but I can just only trust you guys opinions that keith's website is accurate. As far as track listings, I notice he skipped a few songs in some areas. I think I noticed it in Frankie And Johnny soundtrack or Girl Happy. I am not sure but I seen a few flaws in that area.

Name the missing songs so we can check.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:57 pm

E-1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Very astute observation!

Very tipical answer! going nowhere fast. great just cut paste and add a touch of colour. :smt007 :smt007

I think the monkeys are missing you...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:07 pm

James27 wrote:The GRM titles (reissues) of two August 1972 shows are not mentioned, Summer Festival Continues at Full Blast, and Hilton's All Shook Up. These:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/cd/at_f ... _cds.shtml

He often only lists the best sounding sources in his opionion ..no need to list the same recordings over and over again..same goes for studio.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
E-1 wrote:Very tipical answer! going nowhere fast. great just cut paste and add a touch of colour. :smt007 :smt007

I think the monkeys are missing you...

Sadly, no one is missing him. But he does have robg to talk to. Wait, no, that's a party of one :-(

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Poor Mathew and I thought you loved me. But no you’re just happy with your agenda/Propaganda and paranoia, and woof, woof syndrome, you better hurry I hear the Doc call you.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 am

ColinB wrote:
Justintoelvis wrote:As far as content, I don't know personally if Keith's opinion/research is near a 100 percent accurate but I can just only trust you guys opinions that keith's website is accurate. As far as track listings, I notice he skipped a few songs in some areas. I think I noticed it in Frankie And Johnny soundtrack or Girl Happy. I am not sure but I seen a few flaws in that area.

Name the missing songs so we can check.

One of the albums that I notice that they are missing songs is the FTD Frankie and Johnny. These songs that are in red are missing on Keith Flynn's website.

Frankie and Johnny
Come Along
Petunia the Gardener's Daughter
Chesay
What Every Woman Lives For
Look out Broadway
Beginner's Luck
Down by the Riverside and When the Saints Go Marchin' In
Shout It Out
Hard Luck
Please Don't Stop Loving Me
Everybody Come Aboard
Frankie and Johnny (take 1)
Please Don't Stop Loving Me (take 10)
Everybody Come Aboard (takes 1 & 2)

Chesay (take 1)
Petunia the Gardener's Daughter (take 2)
Look out Broadway (takes 3,4,5)
Please Don't Stop Loving Me (takes 1,2,3)
Shout It Out (takes 1,2,3)
Everybody Come Aboard (takes 9,10)
Chesay (takes 3 & 6)
Look out Broadway (takes 6,7,8)
Petunia the Gardener's Daughter (take 5)
Please Don't Stop Loving Me (take 7)
Frankie and Johnny (takes 3,4)
Frankie and Johnny (movie version, mono acetate source)

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:17 am

Maybe I'm confused as to what you mean, but I believe I see these there clearly:

Take 10 Complete 2:21 Frankie & Johnny (FTD)°°~Frankie & Johnny Sessions 1°°~Celluloid Rock 1-3°° (Count-in)~Today, Tomorrow & Forever 2°°

Everybody Come on Board
Take 1 FS 0:38 Frankie & Johnny (FTD)°°~Frankie & Johnny Sessions 1°°~Celluloid Rock 1-3°°~With A Song In My Heart°°
Take 2 LFS 2:23 Frankie & Johnny (FTD)°°~Frankie & Johnny Sessions 1°°~Celluloid Rock 1-3°°~With A Song In My Heart°°

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 am

elvissessions wrote:Maybe I'm confused as to what you mean, but I believe I see these there clearly:

Take 10 Complete 2:21 Frankie & Johnny (FTD)°°~Frankie & Johnny Sessions 1°°~Celluloid Rock 1-3°° (Count-in)~Today, Tomorrow & Forever 2°°

Everybody Come on Board
Take 1 FS 0:38 Frankie & Johnny (FTD)°°~Frankie & Johnny Sessions 1°°~Celluloid Rock 1-3°°~With A Song In My Heart°°
Take 2 LFS 2:23 Frankie & Johnny (FTD)°°~Frankie & Johnny Sessions 1°°~Celluloid Rock 1-3°°~With A Song In My Heart°°

I clicked on the FTD section on website and I noticed it on that part of the website.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Oh, well ...

That section of the web site is purely sideshow, and a recent addition.

Sure, let's hope everything gets up to date and just right, but I hardly need a website to "read" me the track listings off the back of my CDs.

The real meat of the site is the sessionography and, as I say, the tracks you mention are in place there, as we need them to be.

Still, I'd suggest sending what you've found to Keith; I'm sure he'll want to update that newer section of his website, too.