Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

new to me..Elvis on Capt. Noah show?/

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 am

Anyone who lives in the Philadelphia/Delaware valley area remembers "Capt.Noah and his magical ark" which aired on WFIL-TV then WPVI-TV when call letters were changed in 1971. Mrs.Noah passed away a few years ago and it was written in the newspapers of the many guests they had on their show which began in 1967. Elvis Presley was mentioned as being a guest ! does anyone know if this is true? Did he stop by the studio to visit the show? I'm sure this would be well known if it happened. I stopped watching the show about 1973. My husband remembers watching the show too but does not recall Elvis ever being a guest on the show. Is there anyone out there who might know the mystery to this one? I've searched the web and found out The Captain and Mrs. Noah had an autographed picture from Elvis, but that's all I could find.

Re: new to me..Elvis on Capt. Noah show?/

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 am

sgoodyear62 wrote:Anyone who lives in the Philadelphia/Delaware valley area remembers "Capt.Noah and his magical ark" which aired on WFIL-TV then WPVI-TV when call letters were changed in 1971. Mrs.Noah passed away a few years ago and it was written in the newspapers of the many guests they had on their show which began in 1967. Elvis Presley was mentioned as being a guest ! does anyone know if this is true? Did he stop by the studio to visit the show? I'm sure this would be well known if it happened. I stopped watching the show about 1973. My husband remembers watching the show too but does not recall Elvis ever being a guest on the show. Is there anyone out there who might know the mystery to this one? I've searched the web and found out The Captain and Mrs. Noah had an autographed picture from Elvis, but that's all I could find.

Absolutely no way was Elvis ever on the Capt. Noah or anybody else s tv show after his appearance on the Sinatra show in 1960.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:37 am

sgoodyear62 wrote:Anyone who lives in the Philadelphia/Delaware valley area remembers "Capt.Noah and his magical ark" which aired on WFIL-TV then WPVI-TV when call letters were changed in 1971. Mrs.Noah passed away a few years ago and it was written in the newspapers of the many guests they had on their show which began in 1967. Elvis Presley was mentioned as being a guest ! does anyone know if this is true? Did he stop by the studio to visit the show? I'm sure this would be well known if it happened. I stopped watching the show about 1973. My husband remembers watching the show too but does not recall Elvis ever being a guest on the show. Is there anyone out there who might know the mystery to this one? I've searched the web and found out The Captain and Mrs. Noah had an autographed picture from Elvis, but that's all I could find.

Try as he might, Elvis did not make a guest appearance on "Capt. Noah and His Magical Ark," which began its run in 1967. He would have done well with the show's theme song, though:

Red and yellow and pink and green
Orange and purple and blue
You can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow too

Here's a clip from the 1980s:

phpBB [video]

Captain Noah | Air date: April 6, 1986

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 am

This reminds me of the Joe Franklin craziness. The guy was weird! He was still on in the early '80s when I came up to New York. He was on TV at like 5 AM, and recall him saying this stuff about Elvis. "Shmelvis?" What?

But that urban legend still gets around. I imagine there are a bunch of 'em, but some have more staying power.

phpBB [video]

rjm

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 am

It actually looks like a scene from "Easy come easy go".

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 am

ekenee wrote:It actually looks like a scene from "Easy come easy go".

My thoughts exactly!

WHAT A CHARACTER, Frank McHugh in EASY COME, EASY GO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks for your responses! I didn't think this was possible and it missed my radar! LOL but it's noted in all the news write ups on Mrs. Noah's death. And "The Joe Franklin Show" I HATED that guy! What a pompus a**! I tuned in one show where a Beatle collector was scheduled to be on showing off his collection and Franklin held him off until the last couple minutes and then said 'we've run out of time" and acted like he hated anything to do with pop culture. And I'm sure he didn't like Elvis I've heard that "Schmelvis" crack for years. Thanks everyone! ::rocks