Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD DVD?????

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:33 am

SUMMER OF '61 APRIL FTD RELEASE WITH TEST SCREEN!

Earlier this week, FTD anounced the release of the book 'Elvis Presley, Summer of '61' next April. There are some more details about this release: for the first time ever, FTD will bring out video footage with one of their releases. The complete tracklist has still to come, but we can give away these teasers of the CD/DVD: - Thee 'Follow That Dream' soundtrack recordings - Unreleased outtakes from the Nashville recording sessions that formed the LP 'Pot Luck' - Songwriters demo recording of 'It's A Wonderful Life' - Unseen 35mm test screen footage of Elvis shot on location in Florida.

Source:
Elvis Matters
http://www.elvis.com.ar/03/new/ingles/princip.htm

Re: FTD DVD?????

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:08 am

This Will be expensive for sure! But Well... after 14 years!!!!

:mrgreen:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 am

Looking forward to it!!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 am

I have to admit the books are budget busters for many of us, but they are undoubtedly premium releases, not unlike the vinyl releases that many also sit out. (To their loss, but I totally understand why folks have to draw a line somewhere).

I have nearly all of the FTD books save the two most recent ones and hope to catch up, to say nothing of these new projects. In all candor, I don't have the time to pour over photos of our hero like I once did, but
I admire the great effort to document his career and such books (and yes, coupled with some audio, usually as a bonus) help add another dimension to re-living the era.

Moreover, if FTD ever embraced DVDs (video/ film footage), it might provide yet another way to keep this great enterprise (a Godsend to long-time fans) going and
along the way, take advantage of all the great film out there.

It's unlikely to happen but I'm all for it. FTD remains a great and totally unexpected blessing for those who remember the long and mostly lean years of RCA after Elvis' death.