Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Huge Turquoise Bracelet In EOT?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Ever since watching EOT for the first time SEVERAL years ago (during the VHS years), I was always struck by the enormous size of that turquoise bracelet that Elvis seemed to wear for most of that April, 1972 tour and the late March "mock" and actual recording sessions in 1972 and I have always wanted to find one like it.

Does anybody know what happened to that huge bracelet? I know that a-person-that-shouldn't-be-named claims that he has it, but, I don't believe him.

I've been wanting a bracelet like that for years...am I crazy for wanting one?

Re: The Huge Turquoise Bracelet In EOT?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Didn't EP briefly refer to that thing as a "watch" in the movie?
He complained that it cut his wrist.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

FVH wrote:Didn't EP briefly refer to that thing as a "watch" in the movie?
He complained that it cut his wrist.

I don't think I remember the word, "watch", being used. Joe asked him if he had taken it off (after the afternoon show in Jacksonville, FL on April 16, 1972) and he said, "Yeah, I took if off." and then something unintelligible and then "put band-aids on both sides!".

Still, he wore it in San Antonio, TX on April 18, 1972 and Albuquerque, NM on the final night of the tour on April 19, 1972.

Whatever it was, I think it was a nice addition to the wardrobe both on-stage and off-stage.

Ok....you can now refer to me as one weird Elvis fan....LOL!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:52 pm

During one of the EOT shows, he adlibs during a song, "It's a watch, not a bracelet."

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm

elvisjock wrote:During one of the EOT shows, he adlibs during a song, "It's a watch, not a bracelet."

I thought that was during the Memphis show in '74?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Hey Tony... is this the bracelet you mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
elvisjock wrote:During one of the EOT shows, he adlibs during a song, "It's a watch, not a bracelet."

I thought that was during the Memphis show in '74?

You know what, you're right. My bad.

Thirty lashes with a sweaty scarf...

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Hey Tony... is this the bracelet you mean?

YES, THAT'S IT!! He also wears it during the EOT outtakes footage where he's receiving the gold record for the MSG album.