Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Jimmy Osmond threw up in front of Elvis

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Don't know if this is old news. Heck it hardly even amounts for news I suppose but some of us like these anecodtes so here's the post. Was listening to Radio 4 in the UK whilst driving this morning and Jimmy Osmond was a guest on the morning show. Recklessly swerving the car all over the road in a desperate bid to change stations for fear he might start singing I stopped myself when he mentioned meeting Elvis. He said he had met him quite a few times over the years along with his brothers and that Elvis was extremely helpful and supportive of their careers. Sometimes the Osmonds would go to Elvis' show at the Hilton and occasionally Elvis would return the favour. Apparently food was free to all performers at the Hilton Hotel and just before his show was due to begin Jimmy wolfed down a huge cheese sandwich and pretty much bounded straight on stage. He was wearing the Elvis style jumpsuit which The Osmonds were also wearing around this time. He started singing I Got A Woman and promptly threw up all over the stage before carrying on with the song. The audience gave him a huge round of applause for continuing (are you sure that's what it was for Jimmy?? :D) but when he looked up he could see Elvis standing in the lighting booth laughing his head off. There, that's the story, hope some of you guys like it. :)

Re: Jimmy Osmond threw up in front of Elvis

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Later on, Jimmy scaled a wall and peeped through the window of Elvis' room at the Hilton. He laughed his little head off as he watched Elvis drowning in his soup.

Boys will be boys....

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 pm

elmonstro wrote:Don't know if this is old news. Heck it hardly even amounts for news I suppose but some of us like these anecodtes so here's the post. Was listening to Radio 4 in the UK whilst driving this morning and Jimmy Osmond was a guest on the morning show. Recklessly swerving the car all over the road in a desperate bid to change stations for fear he might start singing I stopped myself when he mentioned meeting Elvis. He said he had met him quite a few times over the years along with his brothers and that Elvis was extremely helpful and supportive of their careers. Sometimes the Osmonds would go to Elvis' show at the Hilton and occasionally Elvis would return the favour. Apparently food was free to all performers at the Hilton Hotel and just before his show was due to begin Jimmy wolfed down a huge cheese sandwich and pretty much bounded straight on stage. He was wearing the Elvis style jumpsuit which The Osmonds were also wearing around this time. He started singing I Got A Woman and promptly threw up all over the stage before carrying on with the song. The audience gave him a huge round of applause for continuing (are you sure that's what it was for Jimmy?? :D) but when he looked up he could see Elvis standing in the lighting booth laughing his head off. There, that's the story, hope some of you guys like it. :)

That's a heartwarming story, but it's likely the entire thing is made up.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 am

elmonstro wrote:Don't know if this is old news. Heck it hardly even amounts for news I suppose but some of us like these anecodtes so here's the post. Was listening to Radio 4 in the UK whilst driving this morning and Jimmy Osmond was a guest on the morning show. Recklessly swerving the car all over the road in a desperate bid to change stations for fear he might start singing I stopped myself when he mentioned meeting Elvis. He said he had met him quite a few times over the years along with his brothers and that Elvis was extremely helpful and supportive of their careers. Sometimes the Osmonds would go to Elvis' show at the Hilton and occasionally Elvis would return the favour. Apparently food was free to all performers at the Hilton Hotel and just before his show was due to begin Jimmy wolfed down a huge cheese sandwich and pretty much bounded straight on stage. He was wearing the Elvis style jumpsuit which The Osmonds were also wearing around this time. He started singing I Got A Woman and promptly threw up all over the stage before carrying on with the song. The audience gave him a huge round of applause for continuing (are you sure that's what it was for Jimmy?? :D) but when he looked up he could see Elvis standing in the lighting booth laughing his head off. There, that's the story, hope some of you guys like it. :)

Yes, I heard that on Radio 4, too. It's a story he's been encouraged to re-tell by many interviewers. Sometimes he would descibe it, and at other times, one of the brothers talked about it.

Guardian article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/ma ... st-mistake

This reminds me - two weeks ago, Donny Osmond was on Radio 2 speaking postively about Elvis. He said that the fantastic Elvis stage show he witnessed was so different to what he felt when Elvis came to the dressing that the two musical acts were sharing when they were performing there. He stated that Elvis could come off stage and then switch off his stage persona. Elvis came into the room, introduced himself, and was down-to-earth and humble. Donny admired that about Elvis and it would influence how he separated his own the stage life from his life outside it.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 am

If it's not true, I don't know why he would choose that particular fabrication. Doesn't exactly make him look good. Marginally better than claiming he shat his pants in front of Debbie Harry I guess.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am

And then there's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YEBM8Z56Nk