Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Nashville 1970/'71: A question for the experts...

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 am

Thank you for the additional information, John, excellent stuff.

Carol has a great recollection and she has worked with several of my favorite artists, so I look forward to hearing her stories on the tour.

And yes, I will definitely ask her about ‘Wish I Didn’t Love Him’!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:03 am

Rock Legend,
I really appreciate all the interesting information that this thread inspired. It was clear to me based on your original photo that it could not be Jeanie Greene, but when I watched those YouTube videos of her for the first time, I thought that her Elvis stories were well worth sharing.

The YouTube clips of your band were very entertaining.

As for Carol Montgomery, wow what a history.

I hope you will post some video of your upcoming show for those of us who cannot be there.

Thanks again.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 am

mjsantafe wrote:Rock Legend,
I really appreciate all the interesting information that this thread inspired. It was clear to me based on your original photo that it could not be Jeanie Greene, but when I watched those YouTube videos of her for the first time, I thought that her Elvis stories were well worth sharing.

The YouTube clips of your band were very entertaining.

As for Carol Montgomery, wow what a history.

I hope you will post some video of your upcoming show for those of us who cannot be there.

Thanks again.

I agree, mjsantafe, those videos are a fascinating watch. By all accounts, Elvis connected really well with Jeannie and it’s easy to see why – her passion for music is inspirational.

Thank you for your kind words about the ‘Original Elvis Tribute’. I will definitely be posting videos of the tour.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 am

Rock Legend wrote:Time’s up, and we have a winner. londonflash, send me your name and address and there’ll be some ‘Hot Love’ coming your way![/i]

Thanks, RL, but all I did was whack in a guess based on Google and a very spurious search.

To be honest, I don't think I'll derive much enjoyment from a '77 audience recording, so please send the CD to someone who will have more fun listening than me.

I'm off now to celebrate a good month's commission with a dose of Glen Campbell, hic. hic.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:59 am

londonflash wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:Time’s up, and we have a winner. londonflash, send me your name and address and there’ll be some ‘Hot Love’ coming your way![/i]

Thanks, RL, but all I did was whack in a guess based on Google and a very spurious search.

To be honest, I don't think I'll derive much enjoyment from a '77 audience recording, so please send the CD to someone who will have more fun listening than me.

I'm off now to celebrate a good month's commission with a dose of Glen Campbell, hic. hic.

FWIW, the February shows were about the best of the year, and Straight Arrow the finest audience-recorded "import" label.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:07 am

londonflash wrote:

No problem. I asked the same question simultaneously on FB, and over there Kari Paju from Finland was the first one to answer correctly. So I will send it to him.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am

Rock Legend wrote:
londonflash wrote:

No problem. I asked the same question simultaneously on FB, and over there Kari Paju from Finland was the first one to answer correctly. So I will send it to him.

Nice one :D

Wed May 08, 2013 7:05 pm

A short update. This photo was taken a few hours ago in my backgarden here in Denmark.

All musicians arrived safely today.

On the attached photo you can see, from left to right:
Mary & Ginger Holladay, me, Carol Montgomery, Robert Washington, J.J. Louis & Carl Bradychok.
In the front:
Jerome ‘Stump’ Monroe, Duke Bardwell.

Tomorrow and Friday rehearsals, first show in my hometown Naestved on Saturday.
After that we will go to Finland, France and Holland. Exciting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Rock Legend wrote:A short update. This photo was taken a few hours ago in my backgarden here in Denmark.

All musicians arrived safely today.

On the attached photo you can see, from left to right:
Mary & Ginger Holladay, me, Carol Montgomery, Robert Washington, J.J. Louis & Carl Bradychok.
In the front:
Jerome ‘Stump’ Monroe, Duke Bardwell.

Tomorrow and Friday rehearsals, first show in my hometown Naestved on Saturday.
After that we will go to Finland, France and Holland. Exciting!

Have.jpg

Wow! This sounds really cool. I hope all goes well.

Please update with a set list or two later on. I'm curious to read what the group plays at their shows.

I wish this was coming to California!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks, DJC!

Will update in a few dates, with more pix, details about the setlist, and hopefully a few clips.

Despite the jetlag there was a real buzz in the air. They all want to do a killer show. The setlist is very promising.

They already did two interviews today before taking a well-deserved rest. The next few days are going to be very busy, with more interviews and rehearsals.

Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Dear Rock Legend,

Are there any plans that this show would be touring across USA and else where too? I'm sure that there is a high demand for Elvis fans in the World to see this unique show!

Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 pm

In Europe it's doing well, and in fact, I am already booking now for next spring.