Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 2 new ftd books

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 am

It's probably out-takes of "Rip it up" you are referring to. These have already been released.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:34 am

Tony.. wrote:It's probably out-takes of "Rip it up" you are referring to. These have already been released.

Most likely, but I would like to be proven wrong and robg be correct about more alternates on the way from 1956. That would be a great thing.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 am

L Ray wrote:
Tony.. wrote:It's probably out-takes of "Rip it up" you are referring to. These have already been released.

Most likely, but I would like to be proven wrong and robg be correct about more alternates on the way from 1956. That would be a great thing.

Just imagine an outtake of Love Me ... That would be a thing. :)

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am

A careful reader of the past few pages will note which members here are actually interested in the forthcoming books being published by FTD, and those inclined to stir up trouble and dissuade potential buyers with bogus stories and tall tales.

Food for thought.

::rocks

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:A careful reader of the past few pages will note which members here are actually interested in the forthcoming books being published by FTD, and those inclined to stir up trouble and dissuade potential buyers with bogus stories and tall tales.

Food for thought.

And the even more careful reader will notice that nearly everyone was going buy the book, but when a DVD bonus was cancelled, half of us decided not to buy.

Food for thought and lesson learned.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:01 am

robg wrote:If you would like to carefully go read the posts, get your facts right, them come back try spinning it another way perhaps you may not look so foolish either.

Oh, any discerning reader may clearly note who is the fool here. ;-)

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

robg wrote:Yes Doc what ever discern your heart away, but get over it and move on and perhaps if you got out your pram and stopped throwing the dummy out ever 5 minutes you may begin to feel a little better. Your floor must be littered with them.

We all know what your floor is littered with. ;-)

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:12 am

robg wrote:If you got nothing to give, give up, move on.

The majority of my posts kindly and thoroughly answer difficult questions other members have, so that is impossible. ;-)

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 pm

robg wrote:Sorry Doc I forgot you were a camedian too.. :smt005 :smt005 :smt003 :smt003 :smt005 :smt003

How could you forget I was from Camedia? :smt005 :smt005 :smt003 :smt003 :smt005 :smt003

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:I am looking forward to the '61 book.

I am curious as to what will be included on the CD. If they include only songs recorded in the summer of '61 (as is the title of the book), from the "Pot Luck" sessions, the only songs recorded we're in June, 1961 which we're:

Kiss Me Quick - still several outtakes unreleased

That's Someone You Never Forget - only a few false starts unreleased.

I'm Yours - only a few false starts unreleased

(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame - not on "Pot Luck" and most outtakes we're released on "Something For Everybody" FTD

Little Sister - same as above

The remainder of the tracks on "Pot Luck" come from October 1961 and March 1962 with "Steppin' Out of Line" coming from the Blue Hawaii sessions of March 1961.

The "Pot Luck" album was released in the summer of 1962.

Of course, the "Follow That Dream" - the movie sessions, we're recorded in July, 1961, and most outtakes have been released on the FTD version.

The stereo masters have been lost (as mentioned in previous posts by others), but would be a true highlight to this set if they have been located.

Again, it will be interesting what the track list looks like for this FTD book/CD/DVD.

RKS

If the Keith Flynn logs are accurate

There would be officially left

7 outtakes of Kiss Me Quick
4 outtakes of For The Millionth And The Last Time
1 Anything That's Part Of You
4 I Met Her Today
1 Something Blue
2 I'm Gonna Get Back Home Somehow
1 Foutain Of Love
1 I Feel I've Known You Forever
1 Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello
... maybe one complete take of She's not You, used for spliced on the master take

At first I was very enthusiast for Summer of 61. Only I live in Canada and we're in for the shipping category of "rest of the World" and the cost of it is more than half the item itself. And so after a moment, I decided not to buy it hoping the outtakes will find their way on a future FTD release on it's own one day. These left over outtakes are probably very similar to the released ones anyway. So I can wait and save my money for new "Classics" this 2013 year. I can understand that a cd as a bonus with this book is very appealing, but we shouldn't be forced into it just to get the cd. I only hope an option will be offered for those who don't dig - at that price - books of that sort. The recreated stereo of "A Whistling Tune" seems very tempting, but I'll whistle the tune myself in the meantime.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

We have these takes on bootlegs..?..

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 am

robg wrote:Sorry it was meant to be Chlamydia .. :smt006 :smt005 :smt005 :smt007

I'll bet you say that to all the girls. ;-)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm

robg wrote:so your admitting to being a girl now ...

Don't get your hopes up. ;-)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robg wrote:so your admitting to being a girl now ...

Don't get your hopes up. ;-)

it's all getting a bit wierd now.Funny though. :)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 am

robg wrote:Or we can change the thread to suit you more if you like:

Put on your high-heel sneakers,
Wear your wig-hat on your head
Put on your high-heel sneakers, child
Wear your wig-hat on your head
Ya know you're looking mighty fine, baby
I'm pretty sure you're gonna knock 'em dead Mrs Doc.

Did you do that all by yourself? ;-)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 am

robg wrote:... but as you know I have better things to do with my time ...

Oh, that is clear to one and all. ;-)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 am

robg wrote:any more sick comments Mrs Doc on Elvis??

Does anyone know what language this is? ;-)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

robg wrote:Short memory: see below Mrs Doc:
Very sick mentality you have!
Or as you have proven once more you just like to be a Doc. :facep: :oops:
I think its English enough even for you!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75308
Re: Cancelled shows
by drjohncarpenter ยป Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 am

I didn't know you were such a fan! ;-)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:42 am

You're insufferable. Page after page, thread after thread of useless trolling. Go away once and for all - no more multiple login names, no more returning after more banning, just do us a favour and stay away. The forum doesn't need the likes of your ilk bringing down the quality of the place over and over again.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 pm

You're relentless. Go spend some time with your family, you obviously need a reality check.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 pm

No, you are a forum troll going on and on and on with your tired doc-hunt, post after post, thread after thread. You've done the same on Cisco's thread, ruining that one too. You're boring, and repetitive, and you're bringing down the enjoyment factor of the forum. Please, do us a favour and leave.