Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

r&b

Re: 2 new ftd books

Post by r&b »

ekenee wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
ekenee wrote:We also have "This is Elvis" his whole story, told from the beginning to the end.
My favorite 'til now :smt007
This is Elvis was good back in the 80's but it is dated now.
And it barely scratched the surface.
Maybe they could do a sequel, "That was Elvis".

I thought This Is Elvis was very bad, sorry. While it was nice to see some unseen footage at the tme, the whole thing left me feeling unsatisfied, the phony voice overs, the actors portraying Elvis at differeent times, the staged interviews. Ugh. Real bad. In 1981, this was a major movie release. Shows you how much times have changed. Elvis is not in demand like before. This could never happen today.

Dixieland Rocks
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by Dixieland Rocks »

Isn't there going to be any CD releases without a book?

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Tony.. wrote:If they were going to do an anthology on Elvis, then, of course, the musical performances would be 'cut into' with talking heads. So the complete performances need to be included in their entirety on a 'bonus' disc as 'extras'.
And getting back to the 1961 book with NO DVD, it seems odd that Ernst would say the footage is now left off due to not good enough quality; this is the same label that have released such things as "Moonlight Sonata", out-takes of "Datin'", "America" (a poor quality naff concert performance from 1976) and bad sounding Hayride recordings!?!
Where does Ernst Jorgensen say this?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

I think "This Is Elvis" is a good movie...but that's from memory. I haven't watched it for a couple of years. Ral Donner did a good job with the voice.

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:If they were going to do an anthology on Elvis, then, of course, the musical performances would be 'cut into' with talking heads. So the complete performances need to be included in their entirety on a 'bonus' disc as 'extras'.
And getting back to the 1961 book with NO DVD, it seems odd that Ernst would say the footage is now left off due to not good enough quality; this is the same label that have released such things as "Moonlight Sonata", out-takes of "Datin'", "America" (a poor quality naff concert performance from 1976) and bad sounding Hayride recordings!?!
In a posting on page 7 of this topic. Try and keep up!
Quote; There is no DVD – it was considered, but the material wasn’t good enough
Ernst

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
In a posting on page 7 of this topic. Try and keep up!
Quote; There is no DVD – it was considered, but the material wasn’t good enough
Ernst

Okay but, where did he say this, to you or whoever?

drjohncarpenter

Tony.. wrote:In a posting on page 7 of this topic.
The post is not by Ernst, and is not an official announcement, but written by someone who claims email contact with Ernst.

Ernst is a member here, I'll more readily believe comments made from HIS account.

Thanks, Tony dot-dot.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Tony..

Post by Tony.. »

This is a message from 'the Doc' that I recieved from him;

"I am very sorry to all on this board for my bullish and silly behaviour. I have just bought the MRS release "Such a night in Pearl Harbour" and I really love it. It really IS so much better sound quality".
:smt003

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:No it’s not a post from Ernst, and no it’s not an official announcement ...
Exactly as I wrote.

Thank you!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:You also said: "Ernst is a member here, I'll more readily believe comments made from HIS account".
Yup.

Ernst Jørgensen
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=926
Last visited: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:54 pm
Total posts: 21

:lol:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:Although I do hope that Ernst isn’t bugged now with a mountain of PM’s because of you plastering a direct link to PM him here like that, I would go as far to say that it was a very irresponsible thing to do.
Profile links are available to any member of this forum. One simply clicks on the username in a post.

If you try real hard, even you will probably be able to do it.

Hope this helps, "tcb1," er, "E-1," er, "robg."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

robg wrote: Yes we all know that Doc, but how many posts has Ernst made in past 10 years?? Oh yes 21 an average of 0.01 posts per day (so clicking on one of his posted is not so easy to do, until you plastered it here "Well Done".
You click on the "members" heading, and then look under "E" for Ernst. It takes all of 30 seconds to find his details.

drjohncarpenter

The Pirate wrote:
robg wrote:Yes we all know that Doc, but how many posts has Ernst made in past 10 years?? Oh yes 21 an average of 0.01 posts per day (so clicking on one of his posted is not so easy to do, until you plastered it here "Well Done".
You click on the "members" heading, and then look under "E" for Ernst. It takes all of 30 seconds to find his details.
Maybe this is just too difficult for some members to figure out. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:No Doc its not it the fact you made a fool of yourself ...
Did I? The evidence says otherwise, "tcb1," er, "E-1," er, "robg." ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

robg wrote:No Doc its not it the fact you made a fool of yourself, its that simple like yourself you spin it anyway you want. :facep: :facep: :oops: :facep:
I think what the doctor is saying is, without proof, it's a lie.
This site shows pre-cover mock ups, and all kinds of rumors spread by Ernst's competition and bootleggers and so forth.

Hey I believe you, but sometimes in this day and age, its hard to know what is real and what isnt'. Especially on the internet.

Even mainstream releases offer hype that doesn't materialize in the end.

Recall the DVD release of Elvis that's the way it is when they decided to pull outtakes after they announced them.
And of course the Elvis on tour debacle.

I don't see the problem with planning a release, and following thru on it.

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:The Doc is so stuck in his own little world he can’t see outside the box (forum) ...
I was wondering why it was so dark in here. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Still waiting for an email reply from Mr. Ernst Jorgensen that I sent 1 month ago :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
robg wrote:was it an e-mail or PM you could try again?
It was a PM wishing him a Happy New Year, thanking him for the great SUN BOX-A Boy From Tupelo and several questions :wink:. I don´t want to bother him again, maybe he didn´t find my questions interesting :(. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:As you can see there is a whole heap of crap on here ...
Yes, we can all see that. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

robg wrote:But life goes on, but also a busy professional like Ernst is he really going to have a PM box on an Elvis forum high on his agenda for checking on a daily basis. I don’t think so. I think just looking in here from time to time is far more than enough for him. (Unlike yourself, someone that has all the time in the world to reside here, and google and google all day and all night)
Life goes on (and on and on)!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

I found it 'interesting' that ALL this latest FTD 'news' from a post sent to Elvis shops/fan club FTD distributers on 15th Feb of ALL the details of the latest FTD 'news' of cource pretty quickly it came HERE on FECC , but i am interested if this is the WAY all FTD 'news' will be distributed from now on i.e. to DEALERS and then from them!~?
presumable as April is 4 months from December.... i can expect the next 'dealers' news to announce an August 2013 batch of the next FTD's? :?

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

drjohncarpenter

YDKM wrote:I found it 'interesting' that ALL this latest FTD 'news' from a post sent to Elvis shops/fan club FTD distributers on 15th Feb of ALL the details of the latest FTD 'news' of cource pretty quickly it came HERE on FECC , but i am interested if this is the WAY all FTD 'news' will be distributed from now on i.e. to DEALERS and then from them!~?
presumable as April is 4 months from December.... i can expect the next 'dealers' news to announce an August 2013 batch of the next FTD's? :?
?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

robg wrote:
YDKM wrote:I found it 'interesting' that ALL this latest FTD 'news' from a post sent to Elvis shops/fan club FTD distributers on 15th Feb of ALL the details of the latest FTD 'news' of cource pretty quickly it came HERE on FECC , but i am interested if this is the WAY all FTD 'news' will be distributed from now on i.e. to DEALERS and then from them!~?

There is no set plans for releasing information to us, it just happens, as with the 2 new books that’s Flaming Star not FTD, FTD are just helping with distribution for the main part, oh and supplying a few CD’s to bulk them out a bit. (and there is no problem with that, it makes them more desirable)
Its the same with dispatching CD's to clubs and dealers its all random, but I would suspect that FTD have tried staggering shipping so everyone gets the products on the same day or so, but with couriers you can never guarantee that, as here in the UK a week can pass from one of the four major dealers/fan club getting its stock.

The main thing is were getting the material and I am happy to wait a couple days to get it, the longest I have had to wait is 2 weeks after a release, but that was due to my supplier being on holiday when it was released. (but I could still download it and listen to it before hand anyway)
Although I must say I am looking forward to Elvis’ second Album on FTD that will be a nice release, as I hear that is on the cards.

When did you randomly hear that the Elvis album was in the cards? I would like to hear more random information that you have.

Tony..

Post by Tony.. »

Let's see how long it takes MRS to get the aborted (by FTD) "Follow that dream" footage out...... :wink:

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

robg wrote:
L Ray wrote:When did you randomly hear that the Elvis album was in the cards? I would like to hear more random information that you have.

Randomly? I think if you look back on some of the treads regarding what’s coming out on FTD I mentioned the HMV book, before they were mentioned officially or unofficially, also I have mentioned Elvis’ 2nd Album is on the cards as some out-takes have been found or they already had (I don’t know the exact ins and outs) but the tracks I have been told about are most interesting to me anyway, and I am sure to many others too.
But as to random it’s not random, that information as said in earlier threads it’s not for me to say exactly what it is, especially as to what’s going to be on it, as they may not make it out this year, and as noticed here with the Summer of ’61, book when too much is given out before its ready for release, causes upset when things get changed.

As too many things can change as to contents. But I can understand you wanting to know more as to what could be put on it, as over the years I have heard many wonderful things that were coming out, most have, but a few haven’t which makes things frustrating, i.e the latest which we all know is the DVD from the ’61 book?
But its Ernst choice not to give anything away for printing until he wants it known, which you got to respect, but there are things talked about and a lot that could just be brainstorming.

Although it would be cool if we could get the titles of the next 8-10 releases, not contents just titles, and not the order that they were going to be released until we usually get that information, which would give a better discussion topic on here as to what could be and what we would like to be, instead of all the guessing and silly wished for “Elvis Sings For Children & Grown Ups Too” although I probably would buy if it was released.
I have not seen anything about outtakes from Elvis LP being found. New news to me. Too bad you feel you are not allowed to share more info. about these found out-takes.