Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: I'M GOING BACK TO GRACELAND! WOOHOO!!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Rob, I take the headphones off after we go through the gates.

Ditto.

After you have been through a time or two, you know what they are going to say. Also, they really cannot tell us anything that we don't already know. Take the headphones off and soak it up. It's quite a feeling to be in the house where Elvis lived and died.

Keep us posted about your trip.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Rob wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Rob, I take the headphones off after we go through the gates.

Ditto.

After you have been through a time or two, you know what they are going to say. Also, they really cannot tell us anything that we don't already know. Take the headphones off and soak it up. It's quite a feeling to be in the house where Elvis lived and died.

Keep us posted about your trip.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted. I'm still VERY excited! The daughter of one of the ladies that took me the first time is arranging the trip this time because she knows how bad I've wanted to go back - and she's been wanting to go back pretty bad, as well. She sent me a text the other night that said, "Give me a few days to work out the trip. We ARE going to go - I just need to find out when I can get time off where I don't have court that Friday or Monday (she works for the judicial system here where I live and I have known her for years)". I almost had a slight accident when we were leaving the Lisa Marie airplane: When we went through the Lisa Marie (awesome plane!) and we were coming down those steps, I almost slipped because I wasn't able to quite judge the distance between them - but I caught myself before I fell, thank God.

When I first stepped inside the mansion, it didn't feel like a "museum" to me - it felt like the home where Elvis, as you said, lived and, sadly and tragically, died. When I saw the stairs leading to Elvis's quarters and Lisa Marie's room, it was almost like you expected him to walk down the steps to greet you - as the late Todd Morgan said on the "Fit For A King" DVD that I watched a few nights ago, you can definitely still feel "him" there everywhere.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Tony Trout wrote:And, still, as far as going to Tupelo, I really don't know how much $$$ we will have to spend - that's why I've been hesitant to mention a trip to Tupelo.

Aw heck,Tony... Elvis didn't need money so why should you and the ladies need any? smt179
phpBB [video]

Tony Trout wrote:...(she works for the judicial system here where I live and I have known her for years)".

That's good to know, Tony! She'll be able to pull some strings for ya' and make all your speeding tickets disappear! :wink: