Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: George wanted the Beatles & Elvis to record an LP (1968)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:42 am

Burning Love wrote:George wanting to record Elvis does make a lot of sense. I Seem to remember after Roy Orbison died they were trying to replace him and George suggested an 'Elvis' Wilbury. Specifically getting the Elvis track 'How the Web was Woven' and recording around Elvis vocal with a new arrangement RCA said no and later that same trick went onto recording Real Love with the late John Lennon.

Burning Love

I've never heard this.

Where did you get this information from?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 am

brian wrote:
Burning Love wrote:George wanting to record Elvis does make a lot of sense. I Seem to remember after Roy Orbison died they were trying to replace him and George suggested an 'Elvis' Wilbury. Specifically getting the Elvis track 'How the Web was Woven' and recording around Elvis vocal with a new arrangement RCA said no and later that same trick went onto recording Real Love with the late John Lennon.

Burning Love

I've never heard this.

Where did you get this information from?

I remember reading in a TV Guide Article something about George wanting to record with Elvis and wanting permission but RCA/BMG would not allow it because they did not know what to expect so Harrison began sharing his idea with others (Petty etc) and they came up with Roy Orbison and the Traveling Wilburys. I may be merging a filmed interview with the TV Guide article. I'll see if I can find the TV Guide as I have several that are related to Elvis.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Errol Flynn wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
r&b wrote:Lady Madonna comes to mind in 1968. it could have been written just for him. He should have stayed in touch with the boys.

Indeed. Their mutual affection ran deep.

Don't know if it was mutual. Didn't he say to Nixon that he felt The Beatles were anti-American and were spreading an anti-American message with their music?

Odd you choose to make this comment. You are someone on this forum who claims to have not read much on Elvis, and devotes the majority of your time asking questions to fill in the gaps.

The Nixon conversation? Different time, different place, different context. Presley was saying anything to get a BNDD badge. He never spoke about the Beatles that way to his friends or family.

If you are right (I do not know how Elvis spoke about The Beatles inside Graceland) it only makes it worse and even somewhat pathetic.