Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Your favorite Elvis album?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm

r&b wrote:I could never count a greatest hits or Golden records as a favorite album. They were not 'real' albums as a recording process of an album being made, just comps. So mine are
Elvis (1956)
Elvis Is Back
From Elvis In Memphis
Elvis Country
Elvis TV Special - not a real album in that sense but very historic and a sign Elvis was back again

I understand what you're saying, r&b, but back in the days of Lp's, an album was an album. Subject title - Your favorite Elvis album?
A box set of Lp's were certainly considered an album and rightfully so.

I like your five choices.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:50 pm

1. From Elvis In Memphis
2. Elvis Is Back
3. That's The Way It Is
4. Elvis' Gold Records (original UK vinyl track selection/sequence)
5. Something For Everybody
6. King Creole and Harem Holiday

Steve Morse

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Errol Flynn wrote:What are your favorite Elvis albums?
Mine are:
From Elvis in Memphis
Promised Land

Elvis Presley
Raised on Rock
Moody Blue

Do you know Elvis made many great albums prior to 1969?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am

I assume a worst Elvis album list will be a a topic soon?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am

Steve Morse wrote:..... 6. King Creole and Harem Holiday

:facep: That is so disrespectful to have those two on the same line together. :oops:

Everybody knows that King Creole was a terrible album.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am

r&b wrote:I assume a worst Elvis album list will be a a topic soon?

Please PM Errol Flynn about it so he can hurry up and get it started. I can't wait. :roll:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am

Lifetime: His Hand In Mine

Afterlife: The Nashville Marathon

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 am

1 - Elvis In Concert
2 - Elvis Country
3 - Harum Scarum
4 - Moody Blue
5 - Promised Land

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 am

From Elvis In Memphis
Elvis Country
Thats The Way It Is
Promised Land
Elvis Is Back

Sheww that was no easy task.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am

Elvis '56

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 am

Is it even possible that TWO people would list Harum Scarum (Harem Holiday) as one of their favorites?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 am

King Creole
How Great Thou Art
Back In Memphis
Elvis Country
Memphis 1974
Today

A list of what we consider his best albums, rather than favorite, would probably be rather different.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 am

Mine has always been and still is, Promised Land.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am

The term record album goes back to the 78 RPM days, when a collected works or some long performance like a symphony etc, had to be put on several discs and they were usually in slip pages and bound in a book-like cover. It looked like a album of records. Later when the 33 1/3 LP came out, there content often coincided with the programming previously offered on these 78 RPM record albums. And when they didn't, at least they offered the capability of containing the contents of those 78 RPM record albums.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:58 am

skatterbrane wrote:The term record album goes back to the 78 RPM days, when a collected works or some long performance like a symphony etc, had to be put on several discs and they were usually in slip pages and bound in a book-like cover. It looked like a album of records. Later when the 33 1/3 LP came out, there content often coincided with the programming previously offered on these 78 RPM record albums. And when they didn't, at least they offered the capability of containing the contents of those 78 RPM record albums.

So the LP sort of became a "compact disc". :smt023

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:20 am

The one and only...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 pm

If it is of interest to someone, I was in my teens in the early sixties when I discovered Elvis.I remember I was so in awe of his incredible voice then, and I was raised on the likes of It's Now Or Never, Are You Lonesome Tonight, Little Sister, His Latest Flame, Good Luck Charm and so on.
Although I went wild for Tutti Frutti and Blue Moon for example (my first french EP with the Surrender one), I even was at first somewhat disappointed when listening to some of the fifties songs.That surely would change with the years, but Elvis from 1960 to 1963 still remains in my eyes (and ears) the greatest vocalist ever.
Needless to say how disappointed I often felt in the seventies. And how lonely I feel when I read (daily !) the many threads about soundboards and jumpsuits ...
This, to explain my list.

His Hand In Mine (perfect album N° 1)
Elvis Is Back (perfect album N° 2)
Pot Luck
Something For Everybody
and N° 5, the not then published Lost Songs album (or Sings Memphis Tennessee) recorded 1963

If the Golden Record Series has to be considered, then Vol 3 and 4 have to be added.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 pm

’Elvis Presley’ from ’56… Still exciting, still relevant, still fresh as a daisy.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:1 - Elvis In Concert
2 - Elvis Country
3 - Harum Scarum
4 - Moody Blue
5 - Promised Land

:facep: :wtf: :shock:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 pm

TCK_KING wrote:
2 - Elvis Country
3 - Harum Scarum
4 - Moody Blue
5 - Promised Land

Elvis In Concert - Because i for one enjoy it, and was introduced to elvis with the '77 cbs special, from that point i became a fan, and seeked out more about elvis.
Harum Scarum - Watch the movie every year a few times, and altough a bad story, I havent been bored or felt any dissapointment when watching it.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm

5. Elvis' Golden Records (1956-1957) Favorite tracks: "Jailhouse Rock" & "Love Me"
4. How Great Thou Art (1960, 1966) Favorite tracks: "How Great Thou Art" & "Run On"
3. I'm 10,000 Years Old: Elvis Country (1970) Favorite tracks: "I Really Don't Want To Know" & "Tomorrow Never Comes"
2. On Stage-February 1970 (1969-1970) Favorite tracks: "Polk Salad Annie" & "Walk A Mile In My Shoes"
1. That's The Way It Is (1970) Favorite tracks: "How The Web Was Woven" & "Just Pretend"

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:
2 - Elvis Country
3 - Harum Scarum
4 - Moody Blue
5 - Promised Land

Elvis In Concert - Because i for one enjoy it, and was introduced to elvis with the '77 cbs special, from that point i became a fan, and seeked out more about elvis.
Harum Scarum - Watch the movie every year a few times, and altough a bad story, I havent been bored or felt any dissapointment when watching it.

ok :)
Giving some of the tracks on old EIC cd a spin now........sound is pretty poor,this really needs a sound upgrade before I will consider
playing it again.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm

TCK_KING wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:
2 - Elvis Country
3 - Harum Scarum
4 - Moody Blue
5 - Promised Land

ok :)
Giving some of the tracks on old EIC cd a spin now........sound is pretty poor,this really needs a sound upgrade before I will consider
playing it again.

Im not using the cd version, i have it but not play it often
im playing it on vinyl :D

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:11 pm

From Elvis In Memphis
Elvis Country
TTWII
Promised Land
Elvis Is Back

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 pm