Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Is that really Elvis? But I don't like Elvis!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 am

It's OK for you to have whatever personal interest in your favorite entertainer that you desire. Once you broadcast your "interests" in a venue such as this messageboard...it's now available for everyone to comment and critique. Thus, it is then "OK" for me to say what I think about your posts and theories. That's a dialogue. You're coming to this thread, dropping these pretty large statements left and right and a few members are asking for some info to back up your comments.

Now, with that said...how in the world does me calling your BS on your comment that they "play Elvis music all the time at clubs" really count as me "judging your personal likes and dislikes?" I wanted to know more about what you said. Tell your story how you came to learn of this--where did you get this info? It just strikes me as odd how you'd know exactly what type of music was currently being played in clubs.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 am

Justin wrote:It's OK for you to have whatever personal interest in your favorite entertainer that you desire. Once you broadcast your "interests" in a venue such as this messageboard...it's now available for everyone to comment and critique. Thus, it is then "OK" for me to say what I think about your posts and theories. That's a dialogue. You're coming to this thread, dropping these pretty large statements left and right and a few members are asking for some info to back up your comments.

Now, with that said...how in the world does me calling your BS on your comment that they "play Elvis music all the time at clubs" really count as me "judging your personal likes and dislikes?" I wanted to know more about what you said. Tell your story how you came to learn of this--where did you get this info? It just strikes me as odd how you'd know exactly what type of music was currently being played in clubs.

I wasn't talking about you calling 'BS' which really it wasn't. I was referring to the other stuff, you criticizing my taste and likes. Last I checked, its a free world. As for the club comment. I have been in nightclubs and heard Elvis remixes and heard originals. Even once at a gentleman's club in Florida. My whole point was that he IS still played and mentioned and acknowledged. But you got all upset because I commented the Kardashians. WTF?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

skatterbrane wrote:I like some trip-hop, and some music that rap has influenced. The artist "Tricky" from the band Massive Attack is one example. However, I HATE traditional rap. Does that make me racist? I like Ray Charles, Sarah Vaughn, Dinah Washington, Miles Davis, Sade, and so on. But I LOATHE rap. So, again, does not liking rap make one racist? I also hate modern country music. I like a lot of country music before 1970, and I like alternative counrty of today (because it is closer to real country than contemporaty country is)

I do not like most forms of heavy metal, does that make me anti-white?

To say someone is racist because they do not like rap, is a bit of a stretch.

Thank you. Although the 'Doc' will not agree as usual. And seeing as 'the Doc' decries EVERY MRS release, maybe 'the Doc' is an MRSist??!! :smt003

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Good one, Tony !

Otherwise, it's a shame this thread has gone off at a tangent as I was really enjoying the original theme.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Tony.. wrote:
PresleyProud wrote:I put on 'Always on My Mind' for my brother - who generally likes hiphop. He was really touched by it, and was quite shocked when I told him it was Elvis.

Is your brother under 10 years old? He had never heard of "Always on my mind" and he likes hip-hop? Liking hippety hop is almost akin to liking the sound of fingernails going down a blackboard.

He's actually 21! I like hip-hop too, a lot of it is among the best music out there at the moment, but nothing can quite top Elvis for me. :)