Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis and girls

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 am

I think Elvis enjoyed the adoring tendencies of his younger fans sometimes and was perhaps a little emotionally immature. I don't think he was seeking out young girls to have sex with though. The three girls in the '50s who he was friends with seem to suggest that things never went very far. It was almost like Elvis was still acting like he was 15 himself (and at that stage he was of course not long out of his teens anyway). It perhaps wasn't his best character trait, but it's not like he did a Jerry Lee and married a 13 year old :)

His real relationships were with young women and there were plenty of them. Yes he did still like them fairly young when he got older, but that's not exactly surprising is it? A lot of 40-year-old men would date a 20-year-old given the chance.

As for Lamar's comment, yes it was unnecessary. He might have been referring to the Brut stinking up the place, but he was saying that the Brut was necessary to mask Elvis' poor hygiene. It's not information that we needed to know and not information that I would be sharing about a friend. Lamar was a blunt guy.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 am

TJ wrote:I think Elvis enjoyed the adoring tendencies of his younger fans sometimes and was perhaps a little emotionally immature. I don't think he was seeking out young girls to have sex with though. The three girls in the '50s who he was friends with seem to suggest that things never went very far. It was almost like Elvis was still acting like he was 15 himself (and at that stage he was of course not long out of his teens anyway). It perhaps wasn't his best character trait, but it's not like he did a Jerry Lee and married a 13 year old :)

What few remember is that Myra Gale Brown was essentially a second cousin, and the marriage was legal. Plus she was almost thirteen and a half when they married on December 12, 1957. ;-)

Ironically the marriage of Myra and Jerry produced two children and lasted 13 years, while Priscilla and Elvis' managed just one child and 6 years.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 am

Age of consent is 13 in Spain or so Ive heard......thats pushing it imo.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 am

Some countries (can't remember which ones) have an age of consent which is flexible. eg. 14 if the individual is thought to be mature enough. I personally think that kind of idea is the way forward. We know from looking around us that people mature and go through the stages of their lives at different rates and at different times. There probably are 14 year olds mature enough to know what they're doing and the consequences (I'd have been scared stiff. Not literally). But I sometimes wonder if some are mature enough at 25!