Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Why tamper with it if the sound is good?

If only 'Spankcocks' had the same ethics!! :wink:

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 am

Tony.. wrote:You're wrong. I DO expect and always hope that someone (Lene??) doesn't ruin something with bad mastering, slow speed, naff edits etc, etc.

You're right. You expect them. But are dissatisfied a of times with the results.

It's simple (three steps of consumtion): first it's euphoria, then when you have the product it's disenchantment and finally discontentment. Something like that. :wink:
And I speak from personal experiences.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:11 am

Greg1995 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.

LOL. And don't forget the soundtrack (at the very least) of Elvis' appearance on the Roy Orbison show)!! :smt003

The kinescope of this performance supposedly does exist in the hands of the man from Alabama.

Anybody know if this Roy Orbison Show kinescope actually exists?

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 am

TCBell wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:The kinescope of this performance supposedly does exist in the hands of the man from Alabama.

I did some research on this not too long ago. Below is what I shared on another topic:

Roy Orbison may not have had a record deal, but was a working Texas musician in 1955. Like many, after seeing Elvis, Scotty and Bill at the Odessa High School Field House on 2-16-1955 he turned his music towards rockabilly. Before the end of the year, the two did at least meet.

So, the TV appearance may not be "utter nonsense," only the likelihood that a kinescope exists of this visit.

In the fall of 1955, Roy was involved with a local program on KOSA-TV in Odessa, Texas, which aired Saturdays, from 4:30 to 5pm.

Elvis played Odessa at least five times in 1955, but none on a Saturday. He did appear on Friday, April 1 and Friday, October 14, with the next cities on his itineraries being Houston (on April 2) and Lubbock (on October 15).

Texas promoter Cecil Holifield, Jr. possesses an unpublished photo of Elvis and Roy together, on October 12 in Midland:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67958

So, given the above facts, Elvis may well have popped by Roy's local TV show on Saturday, October 15, 1955, as many rumours suggest. But we have seen nothing to date that confirms the appearance, such as a kinescope-archived film.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCBell wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:The kinescope of this performance supposedly does exist in the hands of the man from Alabama.

I did some research on this not too long ago. Below is what I shared on another topic:

Roy Orbison may not have had a record deal, but was a working Texas musician in 1955. Like many, after seeing Elvis, Scotty and Bill at the Odessa High School Field House on 2-16-1955 he turned his music towards rockabilly. Before the end of the year, the two did at least meet.

So, the TV appearance may not be "utter nonsense," only the likelihood that a kinescope exists of this visit.

In the fall of 1955, Roy was involved with a local program on KOSA-TV in Odessa, Texas, which aired Saturdays, from 4:30 to 5pm.

Elvis played Odessa at least five times in 1955, but none on a Saturday. He did appear on Friday, April 1 and Friday, October 14, with the next cities on his itineraries being Houston (on April 2) and Lubbock (on October 15).

Texas promoter Cecil Holifield, Jr. possesses an unpublished photo of Elvis and Roy together, on October 12 in Midland:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67958

So, given the above facts, Elvis may well have popped by Roy's local TV show on Saturday, October 15, 1955, as many rumours suggest. But we have seen nothing to date that confirms the appearance, such as a kinescope-archived film.

Thanks for the info. It would be an interesting find, if it ever happened...

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:01 am

KevinK wrote:Good news.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the recording now that it's in Ernst's hands. Hopefully it won't be released on a 2nd print of BFT.. I don't think I can afford another copy!!

And hopefully it won't be added to a greatest hits package, as "I'm Just A Roustabout" was added to "2nd To None" but included, in contect, preferably on a set that includes an early 'Tiger Man' acetate!