Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Quoting amberola1b's YouTube comment : " I did sell the rights to him (Ernst)...".
It will be used for sure for future release.
He also got a free copy of the "Boy from Tupelo" ;)
You can see his comments here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M7wBWMNA_fc

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks for the information, Greg. I'm glad it wasn't sold to a bootlegger. From the information posted on youtube it appears the actual wire was sold and a tape copy retained by amberola1b ("I still have a copy of it on tape and might post the whole clip of audio that I have leading up to the song"). I expect (and hope) that Sony has the equipment and technology to make a fastastic transfer for future release.

MT
Last edited by MysteryTrain on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Good news.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the recording now that it's in Ernst's hands. Hopefully it won't be released on a 2nd print of BFT.. I don't think I can afford another copy!!

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Excellent news.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony now issue [at retail] a trimmed down version of A Boy From Tupelo, with this included as a dangling carrot.

We'll see.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Perhaps a new project? Hopefully not a re-issue. I can't afford another one. Maybe an Elvis Rarities?

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 pm

They could stick it on a 3CD expanded 7" FTD of the Sun album from '76, the one Elvis was handed on stage. That makes it worth the classic album status in my eyes :)

And it would please those who couldn't/wouldn't get the big Tupelo set if it had all that material.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:55 pm

That's really a good idea, King Volcano. Who knows, maybe there are some other things that have been found since then as well?

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:That's really a good idea, King Volcano. Who knows, maybe there are some other things that have been found since then as well?



Yeah, maybe Ernst has been able to locate the damn "Rock Around the Clock" acetate.;)

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Excellent news.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony now issue [at retail] a trimmed down version of A Boy From Tupelo, with this included as a dangling carrot.

We'll see.


It's already out:

Image

Image

:wink:

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Greg1995 wrote:Quoting amberola1b's YouTube comment : " I did sell the rights to him (Ernst)...".
It will be used for sure for future release.


Old news....Ernst confirmed this last summer.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Greg1995 wrote:Quoting amberola1b's YouTube comment : " I did sell the rights to him (Ernst)...".
It will be used for sure for future release.
He also got a free copy of the "Boy from Tupelo" ;)
You can see his comments here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M7wBWMNA_fc

That's good news!

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Quite correct, Greg. Ernst did not confirm (at least not during his presentation at Elvis Week) that he had acquired the wire. He did comment, as you stated, about the song being public domain, so your post here is news. Again, thanks.

MT

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm

All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Greg1995 wrote:Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.


Everyone has it for free, but only as a substandard recording off of the internet. Background noise, and the noise of the wire recorder etc.. I'd love to get a proper transfer on CD, and I know I'm not alone in that - so that makes it at least a little bit useful commercially :)

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

according to some we already have a proper transfer (mrs??) NOT...

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Quite correct, Greg. Ernst did not confirm (at least not during his presentation at Elvis Week) that he had acquired the wire. He did comment, as you stated, about the song being public domain, so your post here is news. Again, thanks.

MT


Thank you for your nice reply.
KevinK wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.


Everyone has it for free, but only as a substandard recording off of the internet. Background noise, and the noise of the wire recorder etc.. I'd love to get a proper transfer on CD, and I know I'm not alone in that - so that makes it at least a little bit useful commercially :)


Count me in! :)
mysterytrainrideson wrote:All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.


Yes, but don't forget May 1955 8mm footage of Elvis swimming in the pool (courtesy of Sherif Hanna), Rock Around the Clock, Tiger Man, 3rd acetate, Lovey Dovey and 16mm footage from Meridian 1955... but hey, its only SUN era! :)

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Greg1995 wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:Quite correct, Greg. Ernst did not confirm (at least not during his presentation at Elvis Week) that he had acquired the wire. He did comment, as you stated, about the song being public domain, so your post here is news. Again, thanks.

MT


Thank you for your nice reply.
KevinK wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:Ernst being asked in summer during Elvis Week did he aquire recording said that the minute it hits Youtube it became public domain, so it cannot be aquired aka has no commercial use for release cause everybody has it for free.


Everyone has it for free, but only as a substandard recording off of the internet. Background noise, and the noise of the wire recorder etc.. I'd love to get a proper transfer on CD, and I know I'm not alone in that - so that makes it at least a little bit useful commercially :)


Count me in! :)
mysterytrainrideson wrote:All we need now is live versions of "Milkcow Blues Boogie", "Mystery Train" and the "Pied Piper Of Cleveland" then we can all die in peace.


Yes, but don't forget May 1955 8mm footage of Elvis swimming in the pool (courtesy of Sherif Hanna), Rock Around the Clock, Tiger Man, 3rd acetate, Lovey Dovey and 16mm footage from Meridian 1955... but hey, its only SUN era! :)


that song is somewhere, Ernst heard a really bad re-recording of the acetate (someone recorded it on a cassette while the acetate was being played, and the sound is so bad u wouldnt even tell if its elvis singing, u cant hear him

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I know that there is an acetate with "Rock Around the Clock" and also "That's All Right" out there. But the friend of Ernst told me that he kind of forgot to track down the original owner of the acetate, because he thought that the very poor cassette recording was the only one. IMO Ernst should be asked this.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 pm

It is awesome to learn Ernst has the wire recording, the absolute best route for it to come out properly mastered.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 am

mrs used the you tube recording that we all have not from the original wire quit lying mrs.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 am

MRS altered the recording by over dubbing Bill Black's bass from the original SUN recording. It is refreshing to know that eventually we'll get the original recording from the wire, hopefully expertly transferred by Sony.

MT

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 am

Yes, maybe they will make Boy From Tupelo available without the book and add this track as well.

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 am

MysteryTrain wrote:MRS altered the recording by over dubbing Bill Black's bass from the original SUN recording.


ritchie valens wrote:mrs used the you tube recording that we all have not from the original wire quit lying mrs.


so very true :D

Re: I FORGOT TO REMEMBER TO FORGET has been sold to Ernst! :

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 am

This is great news. Thanks for the info, Greg.

Can't wait to hear it.